1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Let's All Take The Piss Out Of Newcastle... / Relegation Party

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Joelinton's Right Foot, May 10, 2016.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I'll be disappointed if we are not in the top 6 next season. I'll be disappointed if we're not in the top 2.

2. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I'd take finishing 3-6th next year if it was promised we would still go up! I really just want to go Wembley and watch Newcastle, I was too young for the FA cup finals against Man u and Arsenal and I've been to Wembley for West Ham's play off final as corperate. To be able to go and watch newcastle and win is pretty much my life's aspiration

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Don't worry I believe we will win the FA Cup also

4. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

We'll be bored of Wembley by then with it only being a couple of months since we won the League Cup <whistle>

5. Toon_Man_Sam1

shame we cant get in the JPT cup or the FA Vase either!

6. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

We could always ask for the Northumberland Senior Cup final to be played at Wembley!

7. Toon_Man_Sam1

I did look for odds on newcastle winning the 2016/2017 FA cup Final but no bookies are doing odds on next years competition!

I did find this though at 20/1 - Newcastle to get promoted and Sunderland to get relegated!! gotta be worth a £10.00

upload_2016-5-17_13-15-12.png

8. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I may be wrong, but I think Sunderland are going to do ok next year. They are in a much better position than they have been in previous seasons when they have escaped.

9. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Anyway... why are people talking top 6 as an aspiration in the PL.
    I think we could finish in the top 3 within 5 years.

of the championship if Rafa leaves

10. Toon_Man_Sam1

for me it's impossible to tell until the fixtures are out. If Sunderland get fixtures like Watford (h), Burnely A, Middlesborough H Swansea A at the beginning then yeah they could put a run together and do fine. but say they get Chelsea, Man city southampton, everton and liverpool in their first 6 or 7, then it becomes hard, they will be down at the bottom thinking "not this again" and as we full well know, when your down there it's hard to get out.

it's not just the start either, we had patches of games where you could look at the next 6 games and not expect much more than 3 points! every team is hoping they dont get a run of really hard fixtures because it can break you.

11. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Absolutely. Add to that the fact that I think the Premier League will probably continue to be a lot less predictable from now on with the lower clubs having access to some very serious money, and it is all a complete guessing game at this stage.

12. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Don't use Twitter so can't comment. But I totally agree with you about Rafa. I think control of transfer decisions will be decisive regarding whether he stays or goes.

If Ashley doesn't give him that then he is a complete muppet as Charnley and Carr aren't up to it.

I hope Ashley sees the light. Give Rafa control. Give Charnley the boot.

If not then we could carry on sliding in the wrong direction.

13. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Ashley would be demented if he didn't. Even if Rafa left it should still addressed so if that's the only thing between keeping your first choice or losing there's only one option. Ashley is queer ****er though. Never know what he's going to do. I hope you keep him. Intrigued as to how you get on with him.

14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

If I was a betting man I'd prefer to bet on things I either have no interest in or that I don't want to happen so then it softens the blow. 20/1 are good odds but even without any signings Sunderland are going to start in a stronger position than the last few seasons I reckon plus there's a lot of poor teams around the lower echelons of the league - which makes being relegated even worse! No way convinced that any of Watford, Palace, Bournemouth, Swansea, West Brom, Boro, Burnley and Hull/Sheff Wed are destined to survive next season, though pretty sure they wont ALL go down!

15. HowayTheLads

HowayTheLads Active Member

Sure the same was said about Leicester this time last year. Not suggesting any of them will win the league but evidence of what a change of manager and some signings can do.

16. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

By me!

I thought Leicester, Villa and Norwich would go down (on a thread from the start of the season). Well I was mostly correct...

Obi Wan likes this.
  17. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0145-shake

I'm tempted to put £50 on that bet of you going up (which I'm sure will happen as I think Rafa will stay) and Sunderland going down. A grand just to soften the blow if the worst happens. (Even though I think we'll be a solid mid-table team, next season.)

18. Deleted #

:emoticon-0128-hi:

19. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Hey! Word up Bruv. :)

See the Hull fans tonight at full time fella? Think I may take a look at their board <whistle>

20. Deleted #

Na, what they done, mate?

I'm banned from that board still... Before I logged in before, I seen them all flapping at half time <laugh>

I hope Sheffield Wednesday do Hull, and then Newcastle lose Rafa and swoop in for Brucie. Not gunna happen, but a lovely thought <laugh>