1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leon Best to prove his 'doubters' wrong

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Vuckic's Faces, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vuckic's Faces

Vuckic's Faces Active Member

Leon best has been scoring goals lately for Newcastle and in the Premier League Leon has scored 9 goals in 19 appearances for Newcastle United. Apparently that's not good enough to get himself a call up for The Irish squad. Ireland manager Giovanni Trapattoni did say the other week Best doesn’t work hard enough'

Leon is rightly concentrating on what he can do for Newcastle, and he talked to the local Newcastle press today:

The comment about Matt le Tissier refers to the pundit’s comments on Leon’s form in the 1-1 draw at Aston Villa, when the former Southampton striker said that although Best scored in the game, he did precious little else, and he pointed out that Alan Pardew had still to play Best for a full 90 minutes.

2. Samuel L Ameobi

Samuel L Ameobi Active Member

I usually like Le Tiss and respect his views but in this case hes wrong.

3. I really hate the people that say "he's good but he should take more of his chances".

If you look at Best's overall game, his positioning and trickery are the reason he gets those chances in the first place. You may criticize him for not scoring them, but most strikers wouldn't even have the chances that Best has because they don't have his ability.

It's very difficult to find a striker that can create chances for themselves like Best does and put a load of them away, if Best did he'd be scoring 30+ a season, which is more than we could ask of him.

If he scores 15 of his chances this season, I'll be happy with him and perhaps consider him for the number 9.

4. Crouching Shola Hidden Talent

I like his attitude.

5. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Barring the Blackburn game he's a very clinical finisher IMO and he's the last player I would fault for lack of work, he doesnt stop running and working for the side.

6. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

I think Trapattoni hasn't watched him at all this season, the main reason he gets subbed in the game is because he has worked his bollocks off.

I like his attitude of trying to prove the doubters wrong...lets hope he can do it now! <ok>

7. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

I think when/if he is dropped, he's the sort of player who'll return to the side with a goal, as he says himself, he loves proving people wrong.

8. Vuckic's Faces

I've also noticed that he sets up players alot to(like against Wolves he put into a plate for Ba in the second half and assisted the first goal against Blackburn), Him and Ba have something special up front.

9. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

**** da haters:)

10. cabluigi

cabluigi Active Member

He also playeda beautiful cross in the Wolves game that Jonas should have stuck away.

11. Vuckic's Faces

Yeah that was amazing too. :)

12. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I was a Best critic. But this season hes been great. Hes hard working, reliable and he has a finish in him. Jeez..... We paid £17 million for Owen and he was **** for us. He didnt work hard, didnt play, always injured and scored less a game than best has.

Best has earned his chance and its up to him to either prove hes good enough or fail.... But lets give him that chance. He could be a good player for us and I think his attitude is spot on atm.

The whole team is starting to gel and with a consistant strike force we could be doing things we just did not expect!

Maybe Ashley knew what he was doing after all..... I hate him but omg have our strikers (Best and Ba) come to fruition when they needed to.

I have read some other boards about us and a lot are saying we are lucky to be where we are.... but feck em.... they just haters!

13. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Really great problem to have, Best and Ba playing great and Ben Arfa ready to step in if one stops performing.

14. Vuckic's Faces

and Ameobi.. <whistle>

15. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

Dont you dare! <grr>

I still dont trust Pardew to pick Benny over Shola.

16. Vuckic's Faces

haha, got a sneaky feeling he'll pick Ameobi if Ba is injured. :(

17. beardface

beardface Active Member

please log in to view this image

18. Cheik out that Tiote lad

For some reason managers always pick Shola .. maybe its his loyalty or the fact his blood is black and white but at the end of the day he isnt good enough for first team .. i still say hes got a job to do for us like hes scored some bloody important goals for us and that cant be ignored. But hes no Ba, Best or Benny

19. Minty Fresh

Minty Fresh Active Member

I always thought that ever since the West Ham game he has looked like a man on a mission.

20. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

I was very doubtful about Best, and initially thought him a good solid Championship player at ..best. But this season his game has improved loads, his movement with/off ball, positioning, vision, battling, work rate, passion and desire all seem to have an extra 50%.

When Pardew just took over, he stated that Best kept knocking on his door tryign to get his chance, and from that point on I have liked his attitude, but its good to hear even more about his drive and passion.

The Trappitoni comment is just..'odd?' Its like he hasnt seen him, or some sort of wierd mind game is going on..just doesnt make sense to me.
    Le Tiss is usually good , but as Chiek it easy said.. this time he is just wrong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.