1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lens "When Sunderland are down we will be able to transfer more easily here."

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Well if that's all then I'm sorry but he should never kick a ball again for us
    This is not new news about lens
    He appears to not want us

2. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

What an absolute ignorant ****..

Billy Death likes this.
  3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Me or Lens, hope its not me lol. <cheers>

Makemstine Roger and Deleted like this.
  4. Vincemac

Why you mate

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Agree with what you post but it's being interpreted as if he wants us to go down - thats why I say he needs to clarify his stance.
    But honestly we have much bigger concerns than Lens views like .... 3pts tomorrow KTF

6. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

A relegation clause is fair enough, but wanting us relegated to make his transfer easier is the action of a Judas. He was a complete no-mark for us when he was here, so why does he think we would want to keep him anyway? Another 8 million quid down the Swannee...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Now this makes very pleasant reading:

Moyes Blasts Jeremain Lens as Disgraceful and Disrespectful

It was us who originally set the cat amongst the pigeons, on Wednesday night, by suggesting Jeremain Lens had overstepped the mark by appearing to suggest that he hopes Sunderland are relegated this season to ease his passage towards a permanent move to Fenerbahçe.

please log in to view this image
    Photo by Stu Forster/Getty Images
    Now, in quotes from today' press conference - which you can read in full in today's Daily Mirror - David Moyes has hit out at the want-away winger who has a history of taking a swipe at the club who currently own him and gave him a chance in the world's biggest league.

The Sunderland boss has branded Lens' comments as "disgracefully disrespectful" and that "you would hate to think anyone connected to the club would say that".

Moyes said he was made aware of the midfielder's words when he finished training on Friday and has now suggested there is no way back for the player who never displayed any great interest in playing in the Premier League anyway.

The report also confirms that Sunderland are not paying any of Lens' wages whilst he mooches around Turkey.

The Dutchman's representatives have been increasingly frantic in recent weeks as suggestions continue to surface that Moyes and Co will be looking to flog him to the highest bidder sooner rather than later - whether that be Fenerbahce or someone else - and the 29-year-old is desperate to stay in Turkey with Dick Advocaat who currently manages the Istanbul-based outfit

8. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

The way I see it he made little contribution to our fortunes when he was here and none at all now so he may as well be gone.

What the club must not do is allow this latest stuff to lower the price as I suspect that might be part of the idea. Make sure he can`t come back to get a better transfer deal.

At least we might get to see what Bains is about.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    clockstander likes this.
  9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Moyes doesn't take any ****, I like that.

10. clockstander

• Still think the lad has real ability, obvious problems between him and the club have now gone beyond any hopes of a reconciliation, it may be coincidence but his best games in a Sunderland shirt were when he played central in front of M'Vila. These days are long gone of course, and the sooner he is sold now the better. But part of me still wishes we had the option of both of them playing for us now. But its Stoke up today and we need whoever plays to give us something to cheer about, a Defoe hat-trick would be lensational. <ok>

Vincemac likes this.

11. clockstander

Apologies for any confusion, it was just me messing about, miss reading RAW's earlier post to amuse myself. <ok>

12. Vincemac

Don't worry your ok mate

clockstander likes this.