1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leicester v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Poor miss by Success and MOTD didn't even show the Gray chances,.

Capoue done really by the Leicester player flying through the air when they went into the tackle..

2. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I did see this coming a few weeks ago. I feared for the results against Liverpool, Leicester and City. Everton we’ll just wait and see but we could be looking at four on the trot. It’s not all doom and gloom though as we’ve got some decent fixtures after that so hopefully we can start to pick up points through Christmas and beyond.

3. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watford have confirmed that they will be appealing the red card.

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Just need to start taking some chances that are being created and react a little quicker in the box.That will turn around the results. Extra training for stikers maybe?

5. Markthehorn

Their own player said it harsh .. so hopefully be rescinded .

6. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Before the season started, I wrote to the club with my theory about scoring goals. (Not that i have ever coached. I freely admit). Anyway, the theory is based on a puzzle. How is it the players can pass 50-60 yards very accurately, and even 10-15 when under pressure, but consistently miss the goal when shooting. The stats confirm the disparity . My theory is that when passing, they think of accuracy, then power. When shooting they think of power before accuracy. It's dim! They ought to realise that there is no chance of a goal if the ball is going to miss the target. The solution is repeated practice practice practice at shooting, all angles positions, under pressure, treating the shot as a pass,with the middle half of the goal blocked off, so it becomes second nature to find the corners and sides. So much so that they will instinctively have the accuracy. Then up the power. Of course I got no response from the club, not even an acknowledgement. Seems I am right though!

Scullion and oldfrenchhorn like this.
  7. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

As Bob Paisley once said ''If you're in the opponents penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball just put it in the net and we'll talk about the other possibilities afterwards''.

Scullion likes this.
  8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I've known the fella on the right since infant school. Meeting up with him (unexpectedly) in the pub and walking to the ground pre-match was the highlight of my entire afternoon in Leicester.

9. Hornet-Fez

You're not wrong. This stadium is going largely the way of Villa Park and Turf Moor for me... I have a shocking record - and 100% at Leicester... even when we scored (4-1 a few seasons ago) I'd already left!

10. Hornet-Fez

Haven't watched the game back yet, but the penalty looked soft - is Vardy applying the laws of gravity before contact... that's my thought. If you don't make a stride then gravity takes over. Sold to the inexperienced ref, and sadly, to the most experienced. From my perch I was not complaining much at the time.
    The game was very similar to the Southampton match: woeful decision making and finishing. A bit hesitant going forward from the back, too many cross-field balls. Every time Leicester went forward they caused problems. All that said, another day we would have won by three or four. Not our day at all, we move on... citeh...:emoticon-0145-shake

11. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Watching it back I guess it is a pen, it’s just that Vardy knows exactly what he’s doing to get it i.e. keep his knee low to ensure the contact is made. He’s just got too much experience at getting that sort of pen.

12. Markthehorn

Its interesting that Vardy doesn't seem to get the same sort of criticism for winning penalties as Zaha does - maybe its because he doesn't cry wolf and act like everyone is out to get him?

13. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Capoue stood on the ball and the Leicester player played it at the same time so momentum takes over and they fall over each other, no intent at all, balls fault in fact.

Markthehorn likes this.
  14. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

15. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

My views on the red was it wasnt worth a red card but Capoue was stupid to go in like that as he was asking for trouble

The ref deemed it dangerous and where he gets the ball or man is irrelevant in them situations and I think thats why it wasnt overturned

16. Hornet-Fez

Wasn't even a foul. Outrageous by the "blazers". The referee will not ever have kicked a competitive ball in his life. Vardy made extensive use of the laws of gravity: if you stop making a stride you tend to go sprawling, contact or otherwise. That said, it was an injudicious challenge by Foster.