1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leicester Fan in Peace

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by MoultonFox, Jan 24, 2012.

1. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

My wife is a Wolves fan. She has 3 constant issues with wolves

1) Mick McCarthy should be sacked
    2) Hennessy is rubbish
    3) Wolves are going to get relegated.

Has anybody got any comments about these 3 things

Personally I think she's got number 2 wrong.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

1) Personally i don't think we can sack him now before the end of the season, too late to get anyone in and he has experience of getting us out of the crap as he has done the last couple of seasons.

2) Hennessey is not bad, better than last season and i think we have a few players in other areas that i would be concerned about before we even start looking in goal.

3) Will be in the mix, i think the current bottom 7-8 teams have a chance to go down, but Wigan are my favourites and I hate to say it but with how we are playing at the moment i think we will do well to avoid it this season. Next 3 games will make or break it for us i think, we need 4-6 pts from Liverpool,QPR and West Brom. Any less and results around us going badly and i think that may be it.

As much as i like Mick McCarthy i do feel he has taken us as far as he can and even if he manages to keep us up, i think it is time for him to move on at the end of the season.

We show glimpses of good football but have also had performances such as against QPR where we looked so bad and against Birmingham in the cup where we look clueless.

Losing against Villa when we had so much of the game the first half summed up this season.

3. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

Well she has got first issue resolved. Just hope number 3 doesn't come true as well.

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Aye,

Hopefully i am wrong but i have no confidence in us appointing anyone who is going to make a difference this late in the season. Be interesting to see how quick Mr Morgan moves in bringing in a replacement.

I have no idea who this could be but guess Warnock and Brice as the most recently sacked from other Premiership clubs must be close to the top of that list.

But then again would you want to come with a good chance of relegation ??.

5. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

The quality of available candidates is my big worry. I actually think Colin would jump at it; he'd love the opportunity to prove he can cut it in the Premiership and might never get another chance. Also we do have some good players and it's not like we are cut adrift at the bottom of the table. For me that would be a disaster. I can't stand the man and would hate to have to support him. I'm also not convinced that he's any more tactically aware than Mick.
    I'm not sure about Steve Bruce; probably wouldn't want to risk a relegation on his cv and no previous connection. Would be a better appointment than Warnock yhough.
    It's a difficult time to look for an up and coming manager, so I'm not optimistic.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Go for Paul Lambert ....

7. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

LOL.... I can understand your hopes for the stick it will allow you to give the Norwich fans :)

Curbishley, Bruce and Warnock seem to be the 3 the media are throwing about at the moment.

No doubt another 5-10 names will be thrown into the mix over the next few days.

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Worth a try ....lol

9. KING-KERRY-DIXON

You can have Andre Villas Bollox if you like...........PLEASE.

10. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

Wolves are absolutely awful.

They still rely far too heavily on the players that got them promoted from the Championship, with just the odd smattering of quality.

Jarvis and Fletcher are good, the rest range from depressingly average to downright ****e.

If Wolves want to stand a chance of establishing themselves in this league they need to get in a modern manager with modern tactics, and replace most of their players.

Neither of those look likely, so it'll be back to the Championship for the Dingles.

The Premier League won't miss their awful, dirty tactics or their ****e players. Goodbye!

11. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

That may be why we have just sacked our manager :wink:.

I don't actually think we have too bad of a squad, Doyle, Ward, Foley, Hunt. Hennessey, Berra, Vokes, Milijas are all internationals who seem to play well for the national sides, and add on Jarvis, Fletcher and O'Hara and its the basis of a half decent squad. I just think Super Mick had ran out of ideas.

We certainly need to move some players on, some are obviously not good enough fom the premier league and some have not been given a fair chance so far which they may now get.

12. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Well I suppose you know what you are talking about having watched enough depressingly average to downright s***e players over the years. I don't know why you are calling us dirty though. It's usually Wolves players that leave St. Andrews on crutches.
    And shouldn't you be saying "hello" since we're likely to be playing Blues in the Championship next season.

13. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

Let's be honest, in a 'best Blues and wolves players in the last ten years' team Lescott would be the only Wolves player to make the squad.

Haven't you heard? We're getting promoted this year. The Premier League will benefit much more from our attacking, expansive style of play rather than your ****e, clogging Kevin Henrys.

14. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

It's great to hear from a Bluenose who actually thinks they play good football; I didn't know there were any.

15. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

You've obviously been too busy booing your team and making misspelt banners to pay attention to us then.

Under Hughton we play good, passing football with centre midfielders that are good on the ball (this may be an unfamiliar concept for you).

We've scored a large number of goals as well.

16. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

In the Championship..... Well done.

17. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

Is it less entertaining in the Championship?

Swansea and Norwich have both proved that playing good football in the Premiership isn't much more difficult than playing good football in the Championship. If anything it's easier, as you get more time on the ball.

And our games against you proved that the top of the Championship is stronger than the bottom of the Premier league.

18. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

/sigh

no more feeding the troll