1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leicester City at the Bridge

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Jan 13, 2018.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If Luiz is that good, he can play LCB (or RCB) and bring ball out from there, pass from there.

Azpi and Rudi have been playing long balls from those zones.

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more, or Christensen could do the same. In fact watching the Norwich game and that's exactly what's happening, and to my surprise, Christensen is showing far more flair going forward than he does at CD. However it's not at the back that our troubles occur, we just don't have anyone to go at the goal. Hazard, Willian et al just fluff around too much and run in circles surrounded by 3 defenders. Oh for a Ballack type with power and directness. Things are pretty grim when we can't whack Norwich at our place.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

dunno about that.

Just seen christensen come up and he's making some good runs, played one good ball to morata but all his other passes that he tried were ****

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Norwich were better side for first 70 mins.

We were so slow and lethargic.

Conte should sort it out, but may take a few games to turn it around.

Let’s give him a few games to sort things out and review situation in March

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sensible idea, I for one am a bit rattled over our form and getting too negative. A bit of optimism might not be a bad idea.( or a decent midfielder and striker)

6. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

You aren't the only one CP. I wouldn't even mind losing if the football we played was half decent. But even if we win I can't even keep myself interested for 90 minutes. The only time I really take notice is when Hazard gets the ball, mans a genius.

Barkley is a bit different to what we have and should add some variation to our play when he eventually gets on but we're still 2 or 3 short imo.

7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I dont find hazard a genius. He holds the ball too long. Half of why city are so good is because a few of their players are direct like hazard but have that killer pace but the main reason is because they move the ball fast and can one touch/2 touch. Our players dont do it a lot and they tend to hold it for ages (morata hazard willian all suffer from this unless they flick it on themselves ocassionally) only person who plays it quickly consistently is Pedro

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Agree with you for a certain extent CP but if we had players of Man City's calibre Hazard would be on another planet. Give him the tools build a team around him, ah no, we buy second hand goods from second hand stores, even at the height of Romans financial tenure we bought Torres second hand Fabregas, second hand Even Lampard is second hand and I love him, as I do Drogba. Give me Wise Kalou and Azpis' attitude but to win games you cannot beat out and out talent.