1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Legal position

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Feb 18, 2019.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Must be a very grey area somewhere along the line. I hope it can be resolved sensibly even if we have to pay out a sizeable chunk of the fee.

Interesting point about whether he ever actually became our player or not. We announced he was before the transfer deadline so I'm not sure how we can say he wasn't ours.

However, key points to be determined will be who was responsible for arranging the flight and were all aspects of who, why, when and how properly documented? Were all the i's doted and t's crossed? Was there any negligence and if so, who by and to what degree?

Was McKay guilty of adversely influencing our decision to buy and the price agreed, if he gave misleading information about the interest of other clubs. However, surely that is between us and McKay unless Nantes were a party to the misinformation as well.

All told, a horrible situation.

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

4. BluefromBridgend

A lot of those answers will be subject to some sort of data protection and only be revealed by court order. Even then they may be private between the parties involved.

Not questioning your post Sparks but how did the Sun and subsequently the Mirror come by that privileged information or are they making it up?

5. ccfcremotesupport

Some quite mundane questions in there, but a couple more leading and possibly inflammatory.
    Interesting that they talk about suing McKay, not his business.
    I thought I read it was his sons business anyway given McKay seniors previous business issues. Isn't his sons business in the process of being wound up also.
    Allegedly for all of the above.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think a lot of this is going to fall back on FC Nantes' plate. Apart from asking for their money, they're keeping a fairly low profile in all this.

They recruited McKay to act for them in finding a buyer for Sala and could be hugely responsible for the whole affair.

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It’ll all get sorted but I wish it was not publicised by the press.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Nin - I'm afraid you can't uninvent the press - they are what they are. The media's very existance is dependent upon the hacks filling their column inches with whatever they can get their hands on to earn a crust. The subject matter is irrelevant. If they know nothing, they'll still speculate - news or fake news, it's all fodder for them.

Such speculation sells papers and encourages web hits on thier sites whether it's based on factual evidence or not. As you say the truth will come out and it will all be sorted eventually, but in the meantime it's open sport for the journos.

9. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Aside from the rather unsavoury side of the issues, I presume there will be matters of who had insurance and even WHEN such insurances came into force. I am not sure if you can insure against the loss of services of a player if he is not signed for us officially. But if there is a gap of insurance then there could be real problems for someone. And we cannot cough up as per contract if our insurers have not given agreement or that could prejudice any claim. it is a real buggers muddle but as said earlier, there are various contract laws that pertain.
    I fully agree that this should not be played out in public, though. It is neither professional nor becoming and certainly not something that should be thrown in the faces of grieving families.

10. ccfcremotesupport

11. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

So McKay immediately plays it out in public. He will need to be squeaky clean to do that....or totally arrogant.

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think the second option is far more likely.

13. BluefromBridgend

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Just another point about the "slippery twat".

In view of McKay's claim that several Premier clubs were interested in Sala, will he now also reveal the flight details he arranged for all those other club's managers and staff to support that claim and give it credibility?

I bet he won't because he can't - just a load of cobblers to inflate the price of the lad whom he saw as no more than a meal ticket. The unfortunate thing was that we appeared to fall for it at the time.

Agents, particularly McKay, are an evil necessity in the game? No just evil parasites lining their pockets whilst claiming to act in the interests of their clients. The game would be far better off without them.

Get back to the days when clubs talked to each other about players, not through a jumped up go between syphoning off a cut.

15. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I hope he gets done for this! Utter waste of oxygen!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  16. Statto

Statto Active Member

If all this is true I cant help feeling a sense of naivety from Cardiff (almost like they haven't actually learnt anything from the experiences in the transfer market last time). Its kind of a common practice for sales people to exaggerate the interest in their commodity. If I view a house the estate agent always tells me he has other people coming to see it later. Car salesmen offer deals which apparently just won't be there if I walk away and come back later. You just take it with a pinch of salt don't you?

I guess the idea of the transfer window itself adds a panic to proceedings.

Big Ern and Oldsparkey like this.
  17. ccfcremotesupport

valid points statto.

I suppose it comes down to how badly you want the purchase. The usual phrase is something (someone) is worth what someone is willing to pay.

The other perspective is that a good deal means both parties are happy.

How badly did Colin want a striker. He seemed to think he was a good fit for us. It might have been a good deal if it panned out. But we all know it didn't...…...

18. ccfcremotesupport

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

20. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Its a really messy situation this isn't it. I am no expert but is it a case that the player move is completed once the International Transfer Certificate is issued I.e. when the FAW agree it which is in advance of any Premier League paper work which I presume is needed for a player to play in the PL