1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by 2whitestripes, Sep 18, 2020.

1. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A big game tomorrow and live on BT Sports.
    Our midweek win, bedding in a few of our new and under used players was a good solid performance, in fact I know of no negatives. I had felt the game was one that we could have done without but it served us well, as will the Weds fixture against Sheff W.
    There will be some changes against Leeds, Tete will start, Zambo also. The remainder is more uncertain and also depends on fitness levels. I'll predict for a change and go for,
    AA
    Robinson.. La Marchand..Hector..Tete
    Reed
    Zambo..Lemina
    Onomah..Mitro..Kabano
    We are good enough to get a draw, not that any of the pundits would agree.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Taking the two games from last season the team that took their chances won the game. At Leeds we played well but didn't take our chances and Leeds did. Our Home game Leeds were all over us but we took our chances.
    Parker has some decisions to be made for this game. I can't see him dropping Bryan for this one. Not sure MLM will get in ahead of Ream.
    Mitro worries me if his hamstring is suspect but did play the full 90 against Ipswich and we need his goal threat.

Interesting read about Parkers tactics here

2whitestripes and Captain Morgan like this.
  3. 2whitestripes

Good read, thanks.
    I thought MLM had a good game and Scott has him on standby most games, so maybe he will give him a start.
    I am very torn between Bryan and Robinson, but one advantage with Robinson is his speed.
    One thing for sure, we have a pool of good players, mostly all could start the game which is brilliant.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I agree there will be change from the Arsenal game, but probably not as wholesale as 2WhiteStripes suggests. I'd expect Arereola and Tete to start, but I think Super Brian is right that Bryan and (probably) Ream will stay in, Reed and Zambo will start, but I suspect Cairney might keep his place ahead of Lemina (for the time being at least). Mitro coming in feels like a no-brainer unless he's had a reaction to the Ipswich game and as for the wide attacking positions... I have no clue!

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Games are coming thick and fast. As Super Brian says there was not a great deal between us last season but Leeds will be confident after their performance last week. Good there are no fans and that first goal is so important to how this match will play out. No idea on the line up but we can do this. There is a lot of hype about :Leeds but we have every chance of getting a result. COYWs.

2whitestripes likes this.
  6. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Can imagine it was a good game to watch for a neutral but for us its the same old problems as last time, we just can't defend. 7 goals conceded already in 2 games, deja vu or what? Leeds created 6-7 chances in the game and are scoring 4 of them, thats not good enough from us, not to be staying in this league.

Mitro will obviously score goals in this league, and I think we have good creative players around him to give him the chances. Ultimately though it will be our defending that gets us relegated again, unless something drastic is done in the last couple of weeks of the transfer window. I think if you asked anyone associated with Fulham what we really needed going into this season, the majority of us would've said a quality centre back, maybe even 2! That was the priority for me and we haven't done it, and its showing already in just 2 games.

It could be another long season.

7. 2whitestripes

Defensively we were not at the right level yesterday, neither CB looked good. Hector has got off to a poor start, something he has done before. Probably the most disappointing was that Hec went to win a ball on the halfway line, lost, but then only jogged back as Leeds got their 4th. The gut feel and grit Scott is demanding was missing big time. I dearly hope Hec starts to get back to his normal game. Tete had a good game, great cross for Mitro header and an outstanding tackle in the 2nd half. Zambo was very good but the current lack of fitness told near the end. Lemina didn't shine when he came on, but a difficult time to replace Reed to be fair. The sub was of the right idea as Lemina should have given some extra forward looking play.
    Had we not of capitulated with our defending, we were worth a draw and maybe a win, this is good news as according to BT Sport we were playing the next thing since sliced bread .............. electrifying...........what are they on?
    We need 2 CB's, one to play and the other to put Hec under pressure.
    As Scott has said we need to get nastier, Leeds do this and wind up individuals relentlessly throughout the game, breaking concentration etc. I do wonder if Hec was looking to take some form of revenge when going for the ball on the half way line, I can think of no other reason for him have been there.
    Many will need a rest this week, so see changes for the Sheff W game.