1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds v Forest highlights

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by LeedsLover, Aug 11, 2019.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Leeds v Forest, not a bad game, not as good as against BC, but not a bad game.

I'm trying to workout, after playing Bielsa ball all last season, and against BC, why did we opt for playing a lot of long ball passes all of a sudden........was it the players, or Bielsa's instructions.

We dominated Forest for the last 2 thirds of first half, but no goals. We must be high up on list of most near misses or wide shots.

Second half saw us dominate Forest again, but Forest weren't playing brilliantly, then the goal finally come after knocking on Forests door umpteen times. A nice little flick from Klich to Pablo saw Pablo put a nice shot past the Forest keeper and Leeds broke the deadlock.

Bamfords had his chance if Bielsa was giving him the opportunity. I called him nearly Bamford after match, Normanbitesyalegs called him Barndoor Bamford, both are accurate. He needs to be replaced as he offers no impact at all.

I've read some comments where some fans think he'll come good...........no he won't. He's very lackadaisical, no pace and needs a 15 yard wide goal to score, if he can. Apart from his other near misses, or failed attempts, he chipped the keeper towards an empty 8 yard wide goal and he missed it.

Was it complacency, or disorganisation in our biox that allowed Forest a silly goal.........no.

Our 30 million quid player couldn't make a 30 million quid clearance, instead he let the ball go through his 30 million quid legs resulting in a 30 million quid goal...........What was it some were saying about "what Phillips brings to team"....?

The video highlights clearly show our 30 million quid players stuff up.

Only 2 games in and we got 4 points, not a bad start, but should've been 6 points......Ref was biased, and crap, or under instructions, and I think we're going to see a few similar type refs this season.

If the gap at top starts to get wider during first 10 matches, we got an uphill battle.

Short highlights

Shows Forest goal in detail with several replay angles.

Longer highlights foreign commentary

Bielsa post interview.

Joes back.

Ben White post match interview.

2. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning everyone
    Just gutted we never won this one,it almost feels like a defeat. Were not gonna get promotion until the striker situation is sorted,with the amount of crosses/chances we put in we need a predatory type striker who could kill the game off, which is something were really lacking atm.I fear a season of to many draws which won't get us promoted as were always likely to give away soft goals.
    Just my opinion but hey four points & third after two games with four goals scored can't be bad,so wtf am i moaning about, well it should be better as should be six points & top :grin:

3. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Bamford has had plenty of time to prove he can score but just hasn't got the killer instinct. I'm sure he will score goals over course of the season but we need better than that. We need somebody like Pukki otherwise that sense of deja vu will become a reality. We are now relying on the unknown Fast Eddie to save us I feel. If he can put more chances away than Barndoor we will be top 2 but if he turns out to be a Sanchez Watt we will be back down amongst the play offs again and nobody wants that.

Yes it is only the second game but we need to see this area vastly improved in my opinion.

wakeybreakyheart and LeeUtd like this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

So we're drawing conclusions about goalscoring after 2 matches, are we? Good, then that'll mean that Bamford scores 23 & good ol' Pablo will net 46. Can't wait.

Jesus wept! <doh>

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bamford is doing exactly what Bielsa has asked him to do, hes now holding the ball, running the lines, dragging defenders and creating spaces. He scored in his last game and in many peoples eye he was MOM and yesterday he hit the target and unlucky not to score. Yes he needs a bit of luck but at least give him a few games before writing him off. He is better than last season in every aspect of his game and too early to say his scoring has improved

6. lifecheshirewhite

So the goal was Philip's fault, nothing to do with the other five or six who could have cleared it. <doh>

ristac likes this.
  7. Whitejock

You've got to be a really twisted fukker to fold that goal into your 'Hate Phillips' narrative, haven't you? The 2 guys in front of him completely blocked his view of the ball, and he had a split second to react. Not enough time for ANYONE to do that successfully. It just so happens that the ball would never have came through to him if Forshaw hadn't pushed the guy in front so that he missed his header, so it could be argued that it's Forshaw's fault for cheating - especially in the box. But I won't. I accept that these goals happen, and most will understand unless you're a bollockhead called Captain Jackboot.

I also had a right good chuckle at his complaint about us using too many long balls. If he had seen my match comments, he'd have understood why it happened. Something he would never have seen in his highlights.

It's also funny how he can berate Bamford and fail to acknowledge his very important part in our goal, by winning the ball & laying it off to Klick. I'd call that 'impact', wouldn't you? Selective blindness again. And Bamford worked his socks off for the team too, but you'd never guess it after reading bollockhead's 'match report'.

I was also in fits laughing at this comment:

"We dominated Forest for the last 2 thirds of first half, but no goals. We must be high up on list of most near misses or wide shots".

Must be a short list, 'cos we only had 2 shots in the first half! <doh>

Why does Captain Jackboot spend so much time aiming bile & vitriol at the very players he allegedly supports? I'm guessing it's the meds.

8. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

I'm happy to give him a few more games before completely writing him off but I hope Bielsa starts using Fast Eddie during games if he is still firing blanks.

Let's face it, it isn't just the last two games as he has previous from last season so not just making judgement after two games really.

LeedsLover and southernwhite like this.
  9. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This doesn't surprise you?

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Goal was Phillips fault? Thought it was BPFs myself. Terrible positioning... nowhere to be seen when the ball went in.

11. Whitejock

LOL. If only we still had Adryan. He'd have flown through the air & headed clear to Antenucci, who'd then have run upfield to score his 10th of the day.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Thats the trouble with initials they are there to start with and then they are gone.

13. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

played ok but same story of not taking chances if we had dweight gayle we would have beat nottingham forest

14. Whitejock

But would we have been able to sign him? There were so many clubs beating a path to his door to sign him, weren't there?

Oh, wait a minute ..... <doh>

I wonder why not?

15. LeedsLover

Who let the ball go through his 30 million quid legs?........which allowed the goal to be scored.

Even with precise video evidence you defend him and excuse him from all blame..................must be love, love, love.

16. LeedsLover

It was a corner Chesh, the ball went through Phillips legs.

The ball would have to get to the other 5 or 6 players you mention before they could clear it.......but it didn't.

17. LeedsLover

BPF's been sold milky, try and keep up....................are you looking forward to the Bristol City game?

18. Whitejock

Captain Jackboot, perhaps you should slow motion your own highlights video at 2:08, and you'll see that the ball actually went under KP's foot, not through his legs, you fool! It's not surprising given that he had a split second to see it as the 2 players in front were blocking his view of the flight of the ball. And before you say that your favourite DM,Forshaw would have cleared it, you might pause to realise that this is the same Forshaw who was one of the 2 view-blockers, and in fact pushed the Florist attacker so he missed his head-flick, causing the whole situation.

If they hadn't scored, there's a very good chance the ref would have given a penalty anyway, thanks to Forshaw.

Could someone please 'reply' to this so Captain Jackboot can read it & embarrass himself further by repling with another piece of fantasy?

19. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Sorry, I refuse to be an enabler.... :emoticon-0127-lipss

Whitejock likes this.
  20. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

WJ. I can’t be asked to feed his attention seeking nonsense any further. Would prefer to hear balanced opinions, praise when it’s due, errors pointed out when they happen <ok>