1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Wigan Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 17, 2019.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v Wigan Athletic

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. DRAW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-0

7.1%
  3. 2-0

21.4%
  4. 2-1

7.1%
  5. 3-1

50.0%
  6. 3-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 0-1

7.1%
  8. 0-2

7.1%
  9. 1-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 2-3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Leeds Utd V Wigan Athletic
    Good Friday at 3pm
    Streaming links to follow
    Hi Folks

Wigan will be full of confidence for their visit to Elland Road on Good Friday following their 1-1 draw against Norwich last weekend.

Only a late goal by Canaries goal machine Teemu Pukki saved the Championship leaders from their seventh league defeat of the season.

Bielsa certainly won't be taking Wigan lightly. He sent six of his scouting team to watch the Latics at Carrow Road.

Wigan may be two points from the drop zone, but their need for three points is as desperate as Leeds

Liam Cooper is still on the treatment table, and a major doubt for Friday. Berardi is on standby.

Roofe is knocking on the door of a first team recall - will Bamford keep his place?

Meanwhile, the Blades have a lunchtime kick off against Nottingham Forest at Bramall Lane.

They will be without Billy Sharp (injured) and Chris Basham (suspended).

Speaking at his presser Chris Wilder was asked about the three point gap to Leeds and retorted: "The last time I looked it was only 3 points. The school I went to was quite a decent one so we are still in with a shout. One big win can change everything."

ristac likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

To be honest I wouldn’t expect Wilder to say anything else. Four wins for Sheffield and they won’t be far off. Let’s hope they don’t get them.

ristac likes this.
  3. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I would keep Bamford in atm, after he went off against Wednesday we didn't keep hold of the ball as much up front, giving Wednesday more of the ball than they had the rest of the game, Roofe as looked miles off the pace, the 2 games he's come on. Don't expect any changes orher than Cooper back in if fit but personally I wouldn't do that, Berardi had a very good game Saturday.

4. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Wilder is beginning to sound a bit bitter which is a pity really as he's come across as a pretty decent guy up till now

Maybe the pressure is getting to him which hopefully will filter down to his players. Bielsa seems to be pretty chilled out by comparison and remains as dignified as ever.

lifecheshirewhite, OLOF, davy and 2 others like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Going for 5-0 Leeds and not in arrogance but because we deserve to smash someone and Bamford due a hat trick. Expecting the goal difference to have vanished after this and also be only 1 point behind the budgies.

Thank me later

southernwhite, OLOF and ellandback like this.
  6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm going to thank you now Doc <ok>

Untitled-9.jpg

southernwhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  7. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Same team that started v the Owls for me

FORZA LEEDS and ellandback like this.
  8. lifecheshirewhite

Basham is injured as well elland not suspended,it's another player suspended Egan.

Looks like Barton been arrested as well,for racial abuse and assault.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  9. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

If Bamford doesn't play, and Roofe does then Doc's 5-0 result looks very possible, providing we don't try and walk the ball into net with every attack.

I reckon quite a few edge of box long shots can be very profitable in this game.

Wigan will be playing like they need the points, and they do, I suspect some edge of box long shots from their players, but I think we'll be too strong for them and we can win it 3-0, or 3-1.

As it happens, Ell didn't put up 3-0 in the vote section, I don't know what he's on.

10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I like wilder, don’t see anything in his comments other than stating the facts and reminding his team it’s all to play for.

He’s done a great job with them. I hope the blunts go up... via the playoffs of course!

southernwhite and LeedsinYork like this.

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Expect to be a bit incommunicado this weekend unless I can latch onto someone's internet connection.
    So will get in early. Can't vote on a score level as Ell scores don't go high enough for me never mind have not woken up yet. One of these days we will give some team a right kicking. Good Friday would be a good day for it.
    :emoticon-0148-yes:

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Going for a comfortable win for us but I’d take any type of win.

Chris Wilder said what he did because the guy doing the interview asked him the question and although I can’t remember the exact wording it was put to him in a manner as if to say is it all over will they have to settle for playoffs.

I don’t blame him for saying what he did, I don’t even think it’s bad to be honest.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wilder looks like he is Gammon <laugh>

Budgies will lose one and draw 2 of their last 4 games. Wheels are coming off...... Its on.Tiger won his last major 14/15 years ago until last weekend. Tell me how many years ago we were relegated again...... What a year, Tiger wins the masters, Leeds go back to the premier league, Teresa May gets sacked and ragged, Yorkshire win the County Championship, Rhino's win a match.

leeds60 likes this.
  14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I was with you all the way until the last sentence. rhinos win a match? What are you smoking?<laugh>

15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Like you I'll take any type of win, expect it to be tight because all our games these days seem to be. Think we will need to win. Have Forest got worse since MON took over?

ristac likes this.
  16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

MON <laugh><laugh><laugh><doh> DAFT CLIVETIME

ristac and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  17. davy

davy Well-Known Member

I watched the Budgies/Wigan game and they were very good in the air from set pieces - our achilles heel and missing Cooper's height into the bargain.

Young Reece James looks like a player too.

Hope we're on our toes for this one.

18. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Yep- no giving away silly free kicks in & around the 18yrd box,& no silly corners,do those tasks well and we should be o/k,getting as nervous as hell now for these last few games,havn't felt this way about football matches in 20 or so years,:emoticon-0120-doh::emoticon-0107-sweat

19. davy

davy Well-Known Member

I know, it's great - I've been finding myself in stupidly good moods for no specific reason, even in the mornings. Can't be good for the old ticker.

Whatever happens from here on in, it's helped me remember what being a Leeds fan is really all about - actual acute highs and lows, not mediocre drudgery.

MOT.

20. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good M orning to Matt and co from a warm sunny Bardsey
    All the 3 teams have now to overcome nervesand it looks to me that we seem to be suffering less and another good omen we have never lost on Good Friday.Long may it last!

ristac likes this.