1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v QPR Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 6, 2018.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd v QPR

Poll closed Dec 8, 2018.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

6.7%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leeds by 1

13.3%
  5. QPR by 1

13.3%
  6. Leeds by 2

53.3%
  7. QPR by 2

6.7%
  8. Leeds by 3 or more

13.3%
  9. QPR by 3 or more

13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Just me then looking at ristacs weekly food intake thinking... hmmn doesn’t sound so bad... especially if the kfc was a zinger burger

ristac likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would probably struggle to afford to eat like that now to be honest with you, I don’t think they had the zingers back then. As a kid I remember KFC used to taste great, now I crave one and usually think it tastes crap when I get around to buying one. They’ve either changed the recipe or you just realise they’re not great as you get older

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn’t realise Wimpey we’re still going, I’d assumed they’d gone bust, one in our town closed years ago, I used to love their burger and chips.

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Ooh so close and I nearly went for ham salad on Saturdays...just thought there might be some usage of left overs therefore the cottage/shepherds pie.

Obviously there weren't any left over in your house...mine neither we were all too greedy.

ristac likes this.
  5. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Titiful avatar, as they say in Sierra Leone.<ok>

6. stick

stick Bumper King

Its going to be slightly bizarre. A third round cup match they neither side are particularly keen to win, how the cup has lost its lustre huh. Good luck with the promotion push.
    One of your lads on here was quoting matches upcoming against "your rivals". I would have thought all Leeds fans would know by now that every team in this league is your rival and that there really never is an "easy" game.

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Shako sanctus, amen. :angel:

Jammy 07 likes this.
  8. Jammy 07

That'll be Shaks.

Believe he said closest rivals and if he didn't he would have meant to.

Legend our Shaks.

stick likes this.
  9. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Everyone has their own way of putting across their views and opinions Jammy, but you didn't exactly come back on here blazing in sunshine, did you.

The mods on here do a brilliant job, they allow people to air their views and opinions, whatever they may be untill such time a certain line is crossed, and that line would have to be crossed after several warnings.

This Leeds forum is, arguably, the best forum, and it's going to be a long time before it even looks like being half empty. This forum is so good we have other teams supporters coming on here to try and ruffle our feathers, doesn't work, but does add another angle of indifference and something extra to debate and banter; that's the fun side of this forum.

I agree with you though, many debates / conversations could be stretched to say at least 3 or 4 replies by both sides debating their personal viewpoints. Occasionally you see a few long conversations / debates, this is when the given few decide to attack someone else, and some of those few jump on bandwagon; but then again, even that type of debate makes it interesting to read, I personally find it good fun and banter.

Your so called style may be different, and quite frankly, I don't think anyone cares about any ones style unless it's continually abusive, but whatever style you have, people will respond / reply either way. You have the same choice as everyone else in what you write or reply too.

Respects to Marcus, he's wrong. This forum hasn't changed. People come and go on forums for various reasons, but most on here have been here since I joined, and they contribute, in their own way to its popularity, none more so than the mods, especially Ell who works hard to keep this forum running, especially just before, and on matchdays.................He obviously thinks it's worth the hard work, and everyone on here appreciates his efforts.

You can write in whatever style you like Jammy, just stay away from the abuse.......:emoticon-0148-yes:

10. LeedsLover

Next time you find yourself in that situation, try boiling / frying or scrambling eggs in microwave, it works.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

You can claim bragging rights on the pitch this weekend but dont try nicking our best forum title. Your 580 pages doesnt even come close to our 1282.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  12. Jammy 07

Perhaps Marcos would appreciate it if you could correctly remember his name as I know he reprimanded you for it enough times.

Which means you're either incredibly forgetful or refuse to be respectful.

And I will most definitely continue to flag up any racism I see on this site or anywhere else in society whether illuminated in sunshine or not.

davy likes this.
  13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Jammy, it looks like AdolfLover is missing Marcos & is looking for a replacement target to vent his odious spite at. <monster>

It's a bit of a challenge for you, but I'm hoping you step up to the plate. :emoticon-0139-bow:

As far as I'm aware, only Glory & I have responded in a sufficiently engaging manner to get ourselves blocked by the Nazi pin-up boy. :smiley-finger007:

You have your work cut out if you wish to join this exclusive club. <hug>

But remember to state that no malice is intended. :emoticon-0131-angel

Apparently this them gives you licence to abuse people and spout racist pish whilst remaining above reproach. :rolleyes:

davy and Jammy 07 like this.
  14. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Nice to see the matchday thread going totally off topic,sorry mods,haha.
    Banter has been reinstated as acceptable.
    The rollercoaster has only just going going,buckle up lads going to be a good ride.
    MOT.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  15. LeedsLover

Then be it your own head.................I tried to help.

In a nutshell, this forum can do without people like you.

Marcus reprimanded me!!..............you're hilarious gummy.

16. LeedsLover

QUOTE."I'll take you in there after the match tomorrow WJ...I'm sure you can negotiate something less painful.

And before all the homophobes pipe up...I can confirm there we no people of colour in there so it was ok to drop in on a casual basis.".QUOTE.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO Gummy, shot down in flames.

l0MYxARDIIiz4R6hi.gif

I've posted this on political thread as well, where it belongs. Go there if you want to be humiliated again.

17. Whitejock

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> I think AdolfLover has mistaken which forum he's posting on, Jammy. His post suggests he thinks he's on NaziWankersAreWe.com or LickMyJackboots.com <doh> Either that or he's off the meds again.

18. Whitejock

Perhaps someone could translate this for me. I don't speak ****edupmind. <doh>

19. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I know. I think it’s partly getting older and partly we have so much choice now.

I went on holiday to the US and tried all the well known fast food outlets, thought they were great. Then went on trip to London and found they were just starting to appear there - thought I’d found heaven. Early 70’s.

Nowadays I get tempted now and then and usually regret it.

ristac likes this.
  20. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Trying to remember food we had at home, I know it was a pattern.

Saturday - Alwsys fish and chips at lunch time. Mother worked Saturdays so used to bring home cream cakes for tea

Sunday - always roast dinner, sometimes allowed to buy ice cream from van

Monday - shepherds pie

Tuesday and Wednesday - always something cheap like spam fritters or rissoles if Sunday roast stretched that far

Thursday - home made fish pie

Friday night - pork pie and pickle, and being forced to have salad with it