1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Ipswich Town Match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2017.

?

Scoreline: Leeds Utd V Ipswich Town

Poll closed Sep 23, 2017.
  1. 0-0

5.3%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leeds by 1

21.1%
  5. Ipswich by 1

10.5%
  6. Leeds by 2

52.6%
  7. Ipswich by 2

10.5%
  8. Leeds by 3 or more

5.3%
  9. Ipswich by 3 or more

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

We got David Batty on the coaching staff these days? :D

Eric Le Merde likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting Hay gave O'Kane 8 yet when I checked in here a few times for updates a few said he should be substituted. The image of Alioski going for the ball looks a bad one, did he get booked for it?

3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

No Booking, Cooper was the only booking for Leeds today, well yesterday bit you get the drift

ristac likes this.
  4. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

5. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

And love the comment below it

6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

The cap fits then

7. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I though o'kane did alright. Phillips on the other hand seemed off to me

ristac likes this.
  8. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Saiz I thought was more frustrating than anyone. Got himself into good positions, had some nice touches but seems his confidence has fallen a little since when he first broke into the team. Seems always to take that one or two extra touches before striking, thought he woulda got at least 2 goals if he had the confidence to hit them first time

9. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

10. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Indeed. Seen em there are more questions than answers.
    Our defence is not as good as many rose tinted wearers here are believing, and our midfield might have luxury but it has no bite. TC is no tactical genius...

From what I have seec our league position is false.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017

11. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Apart from the last bit you may be right.

12. Chippy / Glory

If yesterday was what we are we wont finish in the top six. Hopefully it was just a poor performance.
    If the kraut is our first choice keeper for the whole year we wont be promoted. The window is 3.25 months away and cant come fast enough. We need a keeper.
    Thinks he is Neuer but his supposed quality distribution is possibly the worst I have seen. Bearing in mind i had two seasons watching Silvestri that is hard to believe!

13. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Was listening to noel whelan on way home yesterday and he said we need to know when to hoof it .too many tippy tappy passes agsinst a better team and we will get caught out.i was dissapointed to concede the second.

14. Chippy / Glory

You could feel their goals coming.

I would have thought it was pretty simple.
    If the keeper has the ball at his feet and the full back and centre backs are marked then dont pass to them go long instead. The obsession with dropping short and stretching the play is dangerous. There is a time and place for it, but not every time. If the players cant work it out the coach should have sorted it before the hour mark.

To parry that weak cross back into the box for their second was schoolboy stuff. He only had to fall on the cross, the ball was hardly moving until he did that.

OLOF and southernwhite like this.
  15. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Our defence is not as good as many rose tinted wearers here are believing, Disagree, granted we had Pontus, and for most of game Berardi missing, but they did a good job, not brilliant, but a good job.

and our midfield might have luxury but it has no bite. I agr, I agr, I agr, I ag, I ag......what you said.

TC is no tactical genius... I agr, I agr, I agr .........again, what you said, but he is on a learning curve. He's learning about English football and the Championship, just like our new overseas players are, but to date he's doing a good job. Bigger teams will test his tactical knowledge, he's got to learn that same player / team selections will need to be different against certain other teams, he also needs to learn to recognise where the problems are during match and sub and plug appropriately, and at the right time to strengthen and plug the problem hole

From what I have seec our league position is false...... Disagree, we achieved that position through fast attacking football with good passing, and the players contributed, and worked hard to get us on top. Wall was a hiccup by the whole team, not any individuals. We will have players who will have off days, all teams do, but once we get back to our natural flowing fast attacking football (hopefully TC's picked up on it) we'll do a good job of staying at top, or very close.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

16. davy

davy Well-Known Member

See my post during the game, we have a fundamental problem in that we are not a strong aerial team. We don't score headed goals from corners even though we have big lads out there, and it seems to me that balls hoofed from the back are comfortably dealt with by big aggressive defenders. Both Millwall and Ipswich won every ball lofted forward - who have we to compete for them, Saiz? - and our midfield failed to pick up their share of the knock-downs.

For all he does in the air big Jay Roy might as well be 5'8", and Lassogga seems to hold the ball up better when it's played to feet.

I hope TC addresses the corner thing but I don't know what he can do about giving away possession from hoofed clearances except get us so comfortable playing the ball on the deck that we don't need to hoof it, and then we're one-dimensional. Difficult one.

Having said that, WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE....<cheers><cheers><cheers>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Chippy / Glory

We have a 40-60% chance of winning a hoofed clearance and if we lose it the ball is 60m from our goal. In the first hour we must have coughed up the ball on 70% of the times we played out from the back and the ball was lost less than 40m from goal.

We are not good enough to one dimensionally play out from the back every time and the midfield are too invisible to be trying it. Mix it up... If e know the system and whats coming so do opposition.

18. davy

davy Well-Known Member

If we were winning 40-60% of the hoofed clearances I'd be happy, but we're not. Millwall anyone?

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Our league position is false? :huh:

Wasn't there someone on here who, over the last few years, has assaulted us on an almost daily basis with "the league position NEVER lies"?

I wonder who that person was, and if he still has the same view. Oh, wait a minute ..... <doh>

20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He'll be along soon, he's just trying the cap on again<laugh>

Eireleeds1 and Whitejock like this.