1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd v Fulham Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

I personally think with the grounds not having capacity crowds the home team does not have an explicit advantage in any of the games.

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Im just on the coach from manchester to leeds bradford. What is happening seven goals we have let in now.

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

that’s a bit glass half empty, you could say - ‘what’s happening seven goals we’ve scored now’

it’s all a bit ‘about turn’ from last year

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. lifecheshirewhite

Yes and we probably will a few games,Nothing we shouldn't expect.As long as we get points off the lesser teams like today, it's as good as this season will get IMO.

5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Same as last week really. Didn't play as well as we could but took our chances when we had them. There's more to come from this side. 3 points out of 2 games is decent start considering we had Liverpool away first up. If we can pick up something from the Sheffield game next week I will be happy. It's all about accumulating the points. First target is 40, that's now down to 37 more to get.

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<party>

7. NostradEmus

Meslier - 5. Distribution was good. Should have got the penalty. Might have got the 2nd. Was indecisive for the 3rd. Can't blame him fully for any of the goals but certainly a could do better game from him. He's going to be some player though if he keeps improving.

Ayling - 6. Did ok. Passed it quite well. Covered the ground without ever really impacting the game going forward. Average for him.

Cooper - 7. First game back and he marshalled Mitrovic quite well. Beaten for the header. Played some nice long balls and was a calming influence at the back. Like him or loathe him we will need him back there this season.

Koch - 4. Poor game from him. Never got to grips with it. Stupid decision to dive in for the penalty. Showed glimpses of attacking talent from corners and the odd pass out from the back. Has a lot of work to do if he is to become a permanent fixture.

Dallas - 6. Defended better than last week when Salah tore him a new one. Made some important interceptions and worked hard. Not convinced he is the answer at LB but he's not going to come up against Salah every week. Probably him and Cooper cost us the second goal.

Costa - 9. That's the performance that we had the odd glimpse of last season. Scored two crackers but really put a shift in. Keep it going lad.

Phillips - 7. Decent game from him. Mopped up well at times. Passed it well and created a platform to build from.

Klich - 8. Epitomised the ethic of the team. Ran his blood to water and left with an assist and a goal. Intelligent footballer. Makes alot of space for others. ****s me up how he takes pens.

Harrison - 7. Endless effort in defence. Quieter than last week but must be a nightmare to play against. Should have done better late on with a shot but got a nudge at the wrong time.

Rodrigo - 5. Not fully up to Bielsaball. Didn't close down quick enough, might be fitness or just not quite getting it yet. Not all bad though, the lad obviously has the talent and pace to fit in perfectly. Showed a couple of decent touches. Deserves more time.

Bamford - 8. 2nd great game in a row. I'm his biggest critic on here but if he plays like this all season I'll quickly become a big fan. Can't knock how he finished last season or how he has begun this one. Finally has an end product and long may it continue.

Subs.

Roberts- 6. Needs to do what he does but quicker. Game seems to slow when he gets it. Played better up top than when he was deeper. The lads a striker.

Alioski - 7. Had a bit of a sigh when he came on but added much needed workrate in to the middle. Neat and tidy and upset one or two with his ankle biting and continuous harassment. Looked capable of scoring too. Nice to have in the bench.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  8. wakeybreakyheart

I know it's weird did cooper play I'm still catching up.

9. wakeybreakyheart

Thanks for that. So koch again has a poor one hmmm hope he gets better or he might lose his place.

10. NostradEmus

Wasnt good Wakey. Dived in to give the pen away. No need. Showed a lack of intelligence considering he gave one away last week and was at fault for van Dijk goal too. When you watch it I guarantee you're reaction will be "WTF?". Needs to be smarter. He did look dangerous from corners though. Forced a good save and got on the end of another. Needs to improve if he is to keep out the ever impressive Struijk.

Seems calm enough in possession. You can see why we brought him in. Just needs to cut out the recklessness and maybe man up a bit when defending corners.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Our two big money signings not exactly setting the world on fire yet. Thrilling stuff so long as we keep getting one more than the oppo!

12. NostradEmus

I'm not exactly an optimist but I can see why we brought both players in. Koch is good on the ball and Rodrigo has a nice touch and can turn in an instant. Has decent acceleration but doesn't look quite up to the demands of Bielsaball yet.

They deserve more time although that bell end at the back better shape up quickly!

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Not too worried about our signings, Koch needs time with Cooper and not used to allowing non stop attackers coming at him.....

Rodrigo has been practicing Bielsaball as a striker and then gets thrown into the No10 role and then subbed at half time, maybe Bielsa should have used Roberts so that we had more of a threat in the second half with a fresh Rodrigo. Bielsa failed there?

Bielsa is the new Kevin Keegan, but we are in 9th and have a level goal difference whereas Fulham and WBA are bottom teams with a massive goals deficit. Early doors lets be happy :emoticon-0148-yes:

14. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Depending on how long Hernandez is out for wonder if we'll increase our offer for de Paul.

Because Rodrigo won't ever be a 10, Roberts is better further forward, and Bogusz isn't ready yet.

And if Bamford keeps up this form I can't see Rodrigo fitting in anywhere else.

Marcos Barber and NostradEmus like this.
  15. NostradEmus

In a perfect world, a no.10, a LB and another CB. So far a fit Berardi would have done a better job than Koch. We might need another cheapo one that could do a job if Koch doesn't turn it around. Struijk is very green too. Get the big fella from Brentford, not him, the big ****er who plays with him.

16. Adieu OEA

Adieu OEA Active Member

You can make the away team change in a portacabin, like Everton did to WBA..

17. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Koch may have been a bit reckless with the challenge but then again if Cooper carries on with his shirt pulling antics inside the box he'll be giving away penalties before too long.

Personally I think Robin Koch will turn out to be a great acquisition.

18. NostradEmus

So do I. I've seen bits to think he could be very useful. However, I'm not against getting one more in who could potentially cover CB and LB too.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  19. NostradEmus

Scum losing 2-0 now. VAR pen given, missed by Palace, De Gaea off his line retaken, scored.

<laugh><laugh>

Brown envelope not had enough in it today then!

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I have not heard one pundit including Merson, Lineker who said Koch’s tackle was a penalty. Not one person except some on here. Yes he slid in but pulled his feet back and the ball wasnt controlled and over hit and running out of play, no penalty