1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd v Chelsea Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 10, 2022.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm arguing the point that Radz spent money not if the signings were a success or not

If you want to hit Orta with a stick over the quality of the signings I will join in and hit him with two sticks, if you want to argue Radz should have sacked Orta I would find it hard to defend that opinion.

One coach who gave us two fantastic seasons in the Championship and finally got us out, the same coach that gave us an unbelievable first season back in the PL. Why would Radz not trust the Orta Bielsa combination going into the start of this season?

I've said all along I am hoping he is a stepping stone for us to find the buyer with deep deep pockets but I must be honest, I didn't expect for a second we would spend close to £150m on our first two seasons back in the PL and specially when we haven't sold anyone

LeedsRover1, FORZA LEEDS and Jammy 07 like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Agree with most of that but he spent nothing in January. How much less could he have spent

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

By all accounts Bielsa was offered alternatives but said no.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes but it would have taken balls of steel to sack him on January 1st because he refused to strengthen

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Other possibility is the list he was given was mediocre players not worth signing. As you said we’ll never know

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

VanDe Beek and Ali cant get in a poor Everton team and Harry Winks cant even get on the Spurs bench now. These were deffo 3 players we were offered in January as loand.

We dont have any loan players for the first time in years?

Not replaced Cuisance all those windows ago, even though were obviously looking for a midfielder. Never even replaced Pablo.

Tyler Roberts did nothing but yet got a new premier league contract. Theres your big problem pretending Roberts and Forshaw were the answer simply because it was a cheap alternative to buying a player. Backfired

6. Eireleeds1

Agree 100% there

stonkin likes this.
  7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

yup no argument there… there’s also the time it takes to get up to speed for bielsa ball… hence he thinks Jan signings are generally a waste of time

8. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Was always going to be high given the number of loan players we went up with (without); Meslier, White, Harrison, Costa and Eddie/JKA. Players that have left haven't generated fees either.

9. Eireleeds1

There’s always an excuse. Newcastle found a few and look where they are now

wakeybreakyheart, ristac and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Van De Beek tore us apart, he isn’t playing as he has an injury.

Harry Winks disciplined after some kind of drama on Twitter, he has been on the bench for at least the last three games so you’re wrong there mate. In fairness maybe two of our starting 11 might be good enough for the Spurs bench. He is certainly better than what we have got

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    xbpod likes this.

11. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have to be. My girlfriend's family are all Leeds. I won't be allowed back to Yorkshire again if you go down <laugh>