1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Leeds Utd V Burton Albion Match Thread / Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 6, 2017.

?

Scoreline:Leeds Utd V Burton Allbion

Poll closed Sep 8, 2017.
  1. 0-0

8.7%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

4.3%
  6. Burton by 1

4.3%
  7. Leeds by 2

65.2%
  8. Burton by 2

4.3%
  9. Leeds by 3

26.1%
  10. Leeds by 4 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

He won't be resting in peace today, he'll be jumping up and down, drinking heaven dry and shouting 'we are Leeds' in the good Lord's face. The boys did him proud <cheers>

2. Leedsoflondon

Ok, I'm slowly beginning to think that TC is no Hockaday and Orta might actually be able to spot a player :1980_boogie_down:

3. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Wow that was some performance

4. The-Don

The link up play from Lasogga today was unbelievable, looks a tidy player albeit a bit slow.....not sure Grot is gonna work out tho

Marcos Barber and Leedsoflondon like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Don’t be talking ****e <laugh>

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  6. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

strachallister likes this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

Ffs, that's the closest to optimistic I can get.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  8. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

At 19 hope he's brought in as a work in progress to be advanced - think he's only been elevated so quickly due to Ekuban's injury.

The-Don and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

The-Don. This is my favourite post of all time, not wumming, it is soooooo Leeds, but scores two on debut but, hits the post twice and wins the penalty but we're concerned he's a bit slow and we're not sure a huge ****ing dutch u21 won't make it. Fantastic I thought I was alone.

Marcos Barber, The-Don and Eireleeds1 like this.
  10. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Not since Viduka's days have we had such a strong bench! <whistle>

Edit: Bugger, just read on a bit & Shaks beat me to it. :(

11. lifecheshirewhite

Big lad and will learn his trade from the big German.<ok>

12. The-Don

Don't want to be 100% pleased mate ;)

Marcos Barber and Leedsoflondon like this.
  13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Only one word required for the match report today: sublime.

No MOTM, IMO, a TOTM.

We've never had a performance like that in the Championship or L1. Never! Even if it was 25-0 or 0-0, it would still be the performance I would be raving about. Wow!

14. Leedsoflondon

<laugh> I'd double like that if I could

Marcos Barber likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Season before last we were trying to remember if we got 1 shot on target every fkg match under Redders then those that followed. Last season under Monk we did better but only scored 1 in the first 20 mins of any game. We still only had a handful of shots on taget each game even when winning we were scrambling results. Scramble this season means messing with opposition heads as the ball flys past them over them around them and into the net.

16. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Just got in and am going to write this before reading anything else on here simply so my comments are honest and raw.

Trying not to get carried away, I am going to caveat everything with, it was Burton Albion and they have a tough season coming up, but....

We were beyond excellent.

It would be harsh to praise individuals but I must. Luke Ayling is one of my favourites and he did everything Ayling does today but I hardly noticed him. I honestly cannot tell you if the keeper is any good other than he can pass a tidy ten yard ball when under no pressure because that is all he had to do. Anita is very tidy. Grot is very raw. Dallas is a competent left back at Championship level and is an invaluable squad member. Technically Hernandez is head and shoulders above most Championship players and made things tick today.

Now for the praise, Phillips is maturing into a very, very good player. Jannson is not a one season wonder, we were talking about offering 7 million for Bartley, what does that make Jannson worth? Cooper, we will not miss Bartley, hang your heads in shame those that knocked him. O'Kane, for me MOTM for the first hour, can't think of a player I would swap him with. Intelligent and industrious, bossed it, slightly different style but reminded me of Strachan.

And then the three golden boys!!

Roofe, came of age today - if you were scouting today, you would have gone back and said sign him, he was 11 out of 10.

Saiz, sublime, different quality, eerily good?? I'm no wordsmith but take your pick, we have to go up because this boy is too good for this level.

If I may tease Wakey (taking into consideration I consider him a friend so certainly no malice), Lasogga is so far from a donkey you would have got serious stick if you had been there today. I can think of at least five gasps from the crowd at his touch when he played people in with a clever touch. Regardless of the goals (fair play to LL because I am not sure Wood would, if you see what I mean, have scored either) he is unerring- will come back to that.

TC - who the fook is Garry Monk?

Atmosphere, never, ever went quiet, buzzing. Loved the piss taking out of the East Stand fire drill with five minutes to go <laugh>

In perspective, Ben and I ended up at a table in the beer garden at the Peacock after because we needed a sit down. Met a couple called Keith and Christine and had a great chat. Christine sits in the West Stand because she can't understand how you can watch football standing up. Keith stands in the Kop because he can't understand how you can watch football sitting down! Keith has been a season ticket holder since 1965 and said, with very, very few exceptions has he ever been this excited, he was shocked at just how good we were.

Finally, we met WJ (wtf is going on with the hair and beard <laugh>) for half an hour. I said to him, "I am going to do my write up before I read yours so it remains mine". He said, "don't worry I'm doing a one word write up, sublime". He also said one of the guys sat near to him said after ten minutes and two worldies from their keeper "it's going to be one of those days where we can't score" and WJ replied "play like this and I actually don't care". We chatted about so many good performances and then I said, "does Lasogga remind you of anyone?" Instantly he said "Mark Viduka" and we both just smiled. Alioski and Saiz are immense signings but guys, it was like rolling time back today, we have one hell of a player on our hands there :emoticon-0148-yes:

I hope Burton stay up, they were just a very honest team and for those that say they will be relegated etc don't forget, we drew with Wigan twice last year and Blackburn beat the Cartoon Army twice (I think). Don't dismiss battering anyone! No idea who he was but if they had one decent player he was number 4 :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    davy, The-Don, Jammy 07 and 13 others like this.
  17. Marcos Barber

Thought the same. Rest of the Championship better hope he doesn't get match fit, he is hotter than mustard mate :emoticon-0148-yes:

ellandback likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

nice report and i was one who thought cooper not good enough.seems he has improved this season might be a confidence player.i am sure der german hee haw will prove me wrong but i'm happy to be so.roofe is looking like a new man as i hoped he would be in his second season.need to watch phillips play to see if he is getting involved more.still say ronnie is a better player.

19. Marcos Barber

Great foresight there Infidel. What do you think will happen second half <whistle>

davy likes this.
  20. Marcos Barber

Mate, I love Ronnie too, going to be immense but.... Phillips honestly could be a top, top Championship player, just excellent today (and Sunderland & Forest for the record).

Cooper never put a foot wrong (again) but, more than that, the players have chosen him as captain for a reason :emoticon-0148-yes:

As for der German hee haw, oh man you are in for some stick <laugh>

davy and Farsleyexile like this.