1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd V Arsenal

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

What can we say...we're Leeds fans.

If you score a hat-trick you can get marked down if your name begins with B <laugh>

blonogasoven and Doc like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

8 points off relegation places and 5 points from top 6 position. Whats not to like about this season

3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Only thing that concerns me is injury’s don’t want Philips missing again

4. 2 pennth

Bielsa is not allowed on the field of play<laugh>

5. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I gave him a 6.

6. Jammy 07

Let's hope we don't have to see what he has to do to earn a 7 <laugh>

Whitejock likes this.
  7. Jammy 07

Leicester are absolute dogshit tonight.

Shame we played so poorly in that 1st half against them.

8. NostradEmus

Like I said.... he didn't have anything to do of note. Started with a 6, didn't have to do much all game, therefore keeps his 6.

I'm more and more concerned about Koch's cock ups to be honest.

9. NostradEmus

Well when Koch gives the goal away two minutes in vs Leicester then you've kind of played in to their 'counter-punch' strength.

10. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

I give the keeper a 10, he did his job no goals conceded.
    Stat that was on the beeb website, never would of thought it:
    • Since Bielsa took charge of Leeds in 2018, they have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games (excluding play-offs), more than any other side in the top four tiers of English league football in this time.

11. lifecheshirewhite

TBF Arsenal sussed out how to play us second half of the cup game, that's why I feared them, but the difference is Phillips who breaks up opposition play.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

According to BBC best player on the park was Rodrigo with a score of 6.94 followed by Phillips then Raphinah then Meslier the worst players for Leeds on the same BBC list were Koch behind Cooper behind Ayling. So obviously our attacking play was best with Rodrigo craft driven by Phillips and Raphinah and we were lucky our defence didnt hurt us too much?

13. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I think you will make a lot of £££ profit on Meslier when someone inevitably comes in for him.

blonogasoven and OLOF like this.
  14. Jammy 07

That's a fair observation as he looks better than most in the PL.

The fact he's French means maybe PSG will come a calling at some point and we'll cash in.

15. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Meslier 8
    Had Saka scored with that sucker punch at the end I'd have been finding a bridge to jump off
    please log in to view this image
    well done young man
    Ayling 5
    Where has my Luke here, there & everywhere gone

Koch 7
    Robin is certainly not a Ben White on the ground, a steady performance
    Cooper 6
    Three needless fouls given away in dangerous areas, I do wonder what goes on in Coops head at times, he is from Hull though!
    Alioski 8
    Our blonde bombshell never stops running, the 80 yard dash from the back that almost created an early goal
    his final ball wasn't great though
    Phillips 8
    Glad to have KP back, gave us the composure required in middle of the park MOTM
    Dallas 7

Produced a great save from Leno that was destined for the top corner, our only effort on target. Involved in one great move with Klich. Still prefer Stuart in a wing-back position
    Raphinha 7
    Showed some real quality touches/passes.
    Klich 7
    Worked tirelessly & involved in some wonderful moves, shame about his shooting
    Harrison 6
    The usual workload from Jack without the end product
    Bamford 7
    Unlucky on a couple of occasions to increase his PL goal total
    Poveda 6
    A talent in the making, needs to look up a bit more
    Rodrigo 7
    Looked lively & has the quality to shoot from distance. Should be starting

16. 1964white

Kalvin Phillips vs. Arsenal:

105 touches (most on pitch)

85 successful passes (most on pitch)

63 opposition half passes (most on pitch)

24 successful final third passes (2nd-most on pitch)
    11 ball recoveries (most on pitch)

17. 1964white

Since Marcelo Bielsa took charge in June 2018, Leeds have kept 41 clean sheets in 101 league games, more than any other side in the top four tiers of English football.

Impressive

FORZA LEEDS, Doc and 2 pennth like this.
  18. 2 pennth

I’ll buy that

1964white likes this.
  19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Phillips back to his best tonight. Showed how we miss him protecting the back four, but also in setting the tempo.

surprised at some of the negativity, pitch was heavy and slippy which effected the passing of both sides. But we were clearly the better side against 11 and 10 men, frustrating not to get the win but hit woodwork 3 times and just one of those days where the chances wouldn’t go in... came to players on the wrong foot etc.

outplay arsenal and we’re not happy? Really?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  20. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Meslier - 7 - Did everything he needed too and saved what I thought was a certain goal from the Saka break. Marked down as he almost got caught out by Pepe in the first half.

Ayling - 5 - Can’t say he did much wrong but I can’t remember much he did right either. Wasn’t at his best. Should’ve done much better with his chance.

Koch - 4 - Worst player on the pitch for me. Did he pass to Arsenal players more than Leeds tonight? His long balls seemed rushed when we needed a calm pass. Our game needs patients, he needs to build it from the back especially when they gave him space to run. Gave it away too many times and on another night that would’ve cost us. As mentioned by someone else tonight he’s lucky Llorente isn’t currently fit.

Cooper - 6 - Pretty calm and solid performance. Passing was good. Did give away some free kicks in dangerous areas but rather that than getting through on goal.

Alioski - 8 - MOTM for me, seemed to be everywhere. Pushing forward all the time and solid defending his side of the pitch. Linked up well with Harrison. So energetic and I’d hate to play against him.

Phillips - 8 - This is the Kalvin we love to see, back to his best. His best performance in the PL. Tracked back, switched and broke up play very well. Keep it up!

Raphinha - 7 - Looks a player and looked very threatening going forward, could’ve had a goal. Looking forward to having him start alongside Rodrigo and Klich. What I do like to see is that he’s willing to track back and already looks like he knows the system quite well. Will be an asset going forward and looks like he’ll be better defending from the front than Costa is.

Dallas - 7 - Absolutely mad how transformed this man is since Bielsa took over. Not ideal as a CM but good defensively and links up well. Could’ve had a couple of goals with the Leno save and I think he should’ve done better with his chance in the first half. Good to have him as a fullback option for either side when needed.

Klich - 7 - Very good again. Should’ve done better with his chances. Not his best performance this season but he’s set a high standard for himself.

Harrison - 6 - Thought he did okay but can be very frustrating. Takes too many touches or gives the ball away unnecessarily. He’s got it in him but he overthinks on the ball and that impacts his play and good positions/opportunities.

Bamford - 7 - Did the best he could with the chances he had. Almost made a goal with his shot on target in the first half but was hard to get anything on that. Almost scored from the header in the 2nd half. Defends and presses from the front, he must be knackered after every game the shift he puts in.

Rodrigo - 7 - Feel like I’m saying this a lot tonight but almost scored a couple of times. Decent long range efforts. Can’t wait until he’s back in the starting 11 as I think he adds that missing element that Hernandez also has.

Poveda - 6 - Looked okay again but needs to work on his final ball. Seems to have looked good quite a few times now without really doing anything but he’s very young so it’s looking promising. Hopefully he keeps improving.

Overall I’m disappointed with the result as let’s be honest we should’ve smashed them based on how we played. We were the much better team and on another night 3 of the chances go in instead of hitting the post/bar. Saying that a 0-0 is still a point against Arsenal and a clean sheet that we needed and I’d have taken it at the start of the night. I’ve seen enough to show that we can compete and do well in this league.

Jammy 07 and 1964white like this.