1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd U23 Premier League 2

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Cresswell takes no prisoners from strikers who throw their weight around and he wont back down so was going to put the guy on his ass

Whitejock likes this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Btw, any idea who the people were right along the barrier? Parents? Scouts? Foolishly hoping I can blag being one or the other & get in for the next match. I didn't think anyone at all was allowed to spectate, unless players, subs, coaches & physios. There people were not in those categories. I'm guessing scouts, as there would be more parents there.

Actually, it's a very serious question I'm asking, given this C19 situation we have. I thought clubs had extra measures in place, but can't see these spectators being essential.

Am I acting out of jealousy here? Perhaps. :)

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

No scouts, no parents, only fans allowed ar neighbours overlooking a couple of the other pitches but todays pitch had mainly ground staff watching along with a couple of the first team and academy staff. Sorry mate

Whitejock likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Stoke City beat Norwich 2-1 tonight so Leeds are back to being 10 points clear at the top of the league

Whitejock likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

6. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Doc, I know you like Geldhart and have followed his progress.
    What is his natural position?

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Yesterday he played No9 and even though he only played for an hour he was man of the match according to most reports averaging 9 out of 10. He scared them to death, he created 2 goals and should have had at least 2 penalties maybe 3. His fast feet meant he had controlled the ball and moved it past the defender before he blinked so was brought down. On one penalty shout he turned the right back so fast that he twisted his ankle and was left on his back and had to leave the pitch. He didnt get any service yesterday so chased and harried all along the front line and chased back into his own half doing a Bamford. This wasnt his best game but according to many he was unplayable. He takes no prisoners and will go through a player if he has to and he will not be bullied because thats what he does. He and Greenwood are joint top scorers but both have had more games at No10 than No9 and both are capable of doing it. Both want to take free kicks, both want to take penalties and I think both want to be the first to score a first team goal.

Gelhardt for me is the real deal and looks ready to be playing first team football. Greenwood is a bit older but still need to see if he can make the transition up to the first team in the Premier League. I hope he can, but Gelhardt for me has everything and we should blood him now

foolee, Whitejock and esteponawhite like this.
  8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Edmondson didn't make the Northampton side again despite the caretaker manager playing two up top. They failed to score again. Edmondson got a few minutes at the end.

Stevens was benched at Bradford. Came on for the last few minutes.

McCallmont played full 90 for Oldham and got an assist.

Gotts continued his fine form for Salford who have been on a great run since he got there.

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rafa Mujica got man of the match for Las Palmas on his debut and they lost 3-1 but Mujica scored a great goal and his all around play and trickery got rave reviews

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Game day
    Norwich City U23s V Leeds Utd U23s
    1pm kick off
    Expecting a very young side as some of our lads will be with the first team tonight.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well as suspected a very young team and no Greenwood, Huggins or Gelhardt so guessing at least a couple will be on tonights bench.

Half time and a very scrappy affair because of windy conditions. Leeds playing into the wind first half and Bobby Kamwa managed to miss a penalty and Max Dean had a brilliant goal wiped off for offside, so the half ends 0-0 with standout performers being Nohan Kenneh again, must be the best DM in the club next to Phillips? Even though hes just 18yo. Cresswell playing well again and young Charlie Allen is dominating the creative side of midfield. Yet again Cody Drameh is massive but dissapointing from young Summerville so far. We may even get to see another U18 if Haughland gets the nod innthe 2nd half

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wind is now helping as Drameh sends Summerville down the left wing and he slips into the feet of young Max Dean who scores a good goal. 0-1 Leeds 50 minutes gone

Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

60 minutes gone and so has a Norwich player via red card for a second booking on young Charlie Allen. Nohan Kenneh is keeping first team player Martin in his pocket. Great display from the kid

Gessa and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well Nohan Kenneh has just been sent off but why? He won the ballfairly and will be turned over on appeal but now we have lost our best player and ten men each now after 68 minutes

Irishshako likes this.
  15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Fair tackle IMO:(

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Another Norwich sending off.:biggrin:

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wow now down to 9 players for Norwich after Summerville gets taken out so hopefully we can get on top and close this out

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Can you appeal a red when it's the consequence of 2 yellows? Genuinely don't know.

Btw, this ref is Championship quality - i.e. shiite. That's 3 he's sent off for nowt.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Full Time
    Norwich 0-2 Leeds Utd
    Very scrappy game but wild conditions and a big experienced Norwich side against mainly 17 and 18yo kids from Leeds. Summerville scores a late penalty but more pleasing is the way our kids fought all afternoon. Martin for them started looking the player we are used to seeing as soon as he didnt have Nohan Kenneh picking his pocket all afternoon. Max Dean played well up top scoring the first and having one disallowed. Charlie Allen another 17yo is going to be good too. Still 10 points clear at the top and games running out

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Whitejock