1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd U23 Premier League 2

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leeds Utd 0-0 Middelsboro

Half time 8CED8D0C-2317-447B-9215-7A5FC71D8666.jpeg

Some great play from Leeds but Joffy limped off and young Summerville looks lively but needs some end product. Harrison is doing well again

2. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Any update on how serious the injury is?

3. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Summerville looks like he could be a player. Very quick, good balls into the box and can beat a man. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him for sure.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

A very good win and still unbeaten so far. 1-0 Leeds and that man Sam Greenwood again who scores his 4th goal this week against a very well organised Boro team who were 2 places above us in 5th before the start. Not many chances in the game and Greenwood ran onto a great through ball that split the back line and rifled it home first time.

some good stuff from young Summerville at times and did get at least 3 brilliant cross balls into the area but nobody had managed to keep up with him so went begging. Hes a rapid player and the quickest on the pitch and deffo one to watch. Some great stuff too from Harrison at left back today but Cresswell and Casey were solid, Gotts had a war on his hand with Boros Walker, Bogusz and Co in the middle sent too many passes to the opposition today, but McKinstry was intelligent and pleased that in the main young Charlie Allen who replaced Gelhardt had a good game and could have been luckier.

Gessa and Whitejock like this.
  5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I missed the first 35 mins, & didn't know the line-up when I tuned in. My immediate thought was "WTF is Costa doing playing"? I honestly thought Summerville was Costa. They look similar, & have similar skills, so it was an easy mistake to make. He had a good debut in a tight match. Looks as though he's do well in the space available in PL games.

Felt sorry for McKinstry, as Harrison didn't include him as he should have. McKinstry relied on passes from the rest of the team, or winning it himself. My view is that Harrison saw himself as a big fish in a small pool & wanted to show off. That was the old Harrison that I thought he was growing out of. That was my impression, but I'm happy to be proved wrong. In fact, I'd be delighted.

Controversy time: I don't see what's special about Bogusz. He gets great write-ups, but I just don't see anything special at all. I actually feel the same way about Stevens. Am I alone in these thoughts?

Doc likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bogusz came to us like a breath of fresh air and he went to Australia in pr season and was a stand out performer for the 23s for we won the league with him. Last season I think his head dropped because he wasnt breaking through and for me hes a shadow of what he can do. He smashed goals for Poland U21s but hit and miss at Leeds, maybe he needs moving on. I know he saw his mate Miazek released as well?

Whitejock likes this.
  7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Edmonson continued his recovery from injury coming off the bench with Aberdeen 1-0 down with half an hour left. Promptly set up the equaliser and helped turn the game around in to a 2-1 win for the Dons

Doc, foolee and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Under-23s

Mon 14 Sep Stoke City (A) L 4-0 REPORT

Fri 18 Sep Wolves (H) D 2-2 REPORT

Mon 28 Sep Sunderland (A) W 1-3 REPORT

Fri 2 Oct Middlesbrough (H) W 1-0 REPORT

Fri 16 Oct Reading (A) 1pm Bearwood Park Training Ground

Mon 26 Oct Norwich City (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Sun 1 Nov Crystal Palace (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Fri 6 Nov Newcastle United (A) 1pm Whitley Park

Mon 23 Nov West Bromwich Albion (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Mon 13 Dec Aston Villa (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Mon 21 Dec Fulham (H) 2pm Thorp Arch

Mon 11 Jan Burnley (A) 2pm Lancashire FA

Mon 18 Jan Stoke City (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Sun 24 Jan Wolves (A) 1pm Aggborough Stadium

Sun 31 Jan Sunderland (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Sun 7 Feb Middlesbrough (A) 1pm Bishop Auckland FC

Mon 15 Feb Reading (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Fri 19 Feb Norwich City (A) 1pm Lotus Training Ground

Mon 1 Mar Crystal Palace (A) 1pm CPFC Academy

Mon 15 Mar Newcastle United (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Mon 22 Mar West Bromwich Albion (A) 2pm WBA Training Ground

Fri 16 Apr Aston Villa (A) 7pm Aston Villa Training Ground

Mon 26 Apr Fulham (A) 7pm Imber Court Sports Club

Mon 3 May Burnley (H) 1pm Thorp Arch

Under-18s

Sat 12 Sep Middlesbrough (H) L 0-3

Sat 19 Sep Newcastle (A) D 2-2

Sat 3 Oct Sunderland (A) 11:30am Academy of Light

Sat 17 Oct Everton (A) 11am USM Finch Farm

Sat 24 Oct Wolves (H) 12pm Thorp Arch

Sat 31 Oct Burnley (A) 11am Lancashire FA

Sat 7 Nov Manchester City (H) 12pm Thorp Arch

Sat 21 Nov 8 Liverpool (A) 11am LFC Academy

Sat 28 Nov Stoke City (A) 11am Clayton Wood

Sat 12 Dec Derby County (H) 12pm Thorp Arch

Sat 19 Dec Manchester United (A) 11am Aon Training Complex

Sat 9 Jan Blackburn Rovers (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 16 Jan Middlesbrough (A) 11am Rockliffe Park

Sat 23 Jan Newcastle United (H) Sat 23rd Jan 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 13 Feb Sunderland (H) 11:30am Thorp Arch

Sat 20 Feb Everton (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 27 Feb Wolves (A) 12pm Compton Park Training Ground

Sat 13 Mar Burnley (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 20 Mar Manchester City 2pm Etihad Campus

Sat 10 Apr Liverpool (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 17 Apr Stoke City (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 24 Apr Derby County (A) 12pm Derby County Training Ground

Sat 1 May Manchester United (H) 11am Thorp Arch

Sat 8 May Blackburn Rovers (A) 11am Brockhall Training Ground

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Away to Reading

A very young Leeds team take on a big experienced Reading team at their place. Eading walked through a soft middle and slotted home early on but since then Leeds could have scored a few instead of the one that Max Dean clipped in. Half time 1-1 with Leeds on top Joffy booked just on half timed he looks a real handful as usual, Huggins having a blinder as a left wing back and if only his end product improved he would be brilliant, he should have scored too, but he is a bright light in this very young team that only has 3 subs. The big Italian keeper Caprile has pulled off a great save too

Gessa likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Well back to the drawing board as Leeds are beaten 3-2 when they could easily have won 6-2. Strange game as Leeds are on top most of the game, go in at half time 1-1 nd very quickly go behind 3-1 due to a set piece and a mistake from Cody Dramah. Josh Galloway scored a good goal to make it closer and plenty of attacking play from Leeds and Joffy who was unlucky all game. Disappointing in some respects but would like to know why we couldnt even fill the bench. Mainly U18s today with the young guns too small and overpowered a lot. Sam Greenwood out for a month after injuring an ankle on International duty. No Summerville so did we have kids coming back from International duty too late, so backfilled with U18s

Leeds started the day in 3rd place which in fairness is very good in this high performance league and just a pity about today. We must remember that in this league any errors get punished

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It seems that there will be times this season when we feild a weaker team than we would normally. So fans need to realise that we may not always get the result we want in league games. Due to International duty we had academy players missing but this on top of senior first team players missing and that means Bielsa needs U23 players to be part of preparations for up and coming first team matches. Thursday is murderball day and Friday is final pre match prep work meaning Bielsa needs to field a team to play against. Telling we only had 3 subs for the Reading game

12. NostradEmus

Edmonson recovers from a slight knock and starts his 3rd game in a row for Aberdeen vs Celtic this lunchtime.

This comes after a man of the match performance in a midweek 4-2 home win where Edmonson helped himself to two goals and an assist.

Edmonson looks to have a real future in the game. Unfortunately I will miss watching the game as I am in the Lakes for the half term week.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

6th placed Leeds Utd take on top of the table Norwich City at TA this afternoon. So far Leeds are smashing it and are 2-0 with Poveda and Fabinha scoring

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

All over and Leeds move back up to 3rd after beating league leaders. Our team this week was a bit better than the weakened team we fielded last week. Pablo, Struijk, Roberts, Poveda and Fabinha

Gessa likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Half time at TA against Shaun Derry’s Crystal Palace and a very comfortable 2-0 lead with Dramah’s cross to young Max on the spot and from the spot Gelhardt slots the second. Nohan Kenneh is awsome and mopping up everything at the back and in the middle and justbthe perfect quarterback

Aski likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

17. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Apologies Doc, not sure how I missed this thread.

Would have posted here instead of weekend thread if I had realised :emoticon-0114-dull:

18. NostradEmus

4-1 Dixie Dean again.

Not heard about Dean too much prior to this season @Doc . What's the lowdown?

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The joffy goal gives you an isea just how good he is

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

4-1 win in the end and could have been much bigger. They only had one stand out player good enough to get in our team, the kid Flanigan was scary to watch. Best players on the pitch were Kenneh Drameh Gelhardt, Dean and McKinstrey. Lief Davies had the 2nd half but wasnt blown away by him. He may be fast but got caught out too many times.
    This is a much tougher league yet we are near the top