1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds Utd U23 Premier League 2

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Caught the second half. On the basis of this, would I be wrong to think that Kamwa might have played his last game for us?

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I can never work out what Jackos plan is Neil, as normally Kamwa plays as striker and to be fair has scored a couple this season, but last 2 games Kamwa has played wide left and today he played wing back as Drameh, Kenneh and Casey went to a back 3. Kamwa has been rotating with either Joffy or Sam as striker as he rotates his troops around. Max Dean was brought on today and the kid was overpowered by Fulhams big CBs. It seems Joffy was injured in training. So today was almost like being not bothered if we won, but Kamwa was not really adding anything all afternoon so maybe he will be moved out or loaned out

Whitejock likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

In Phil Hays last podcast before his brain operation he was asked if any ofbthe U23s would ever make it into the first team. He said I would put my mortgage on Joe Gelhardt because he is by miles the best player anywhere not playing in the Prem. He also said Cody Drameh and Charlie Cresswell were nailed on at some stage. He also mentioned Sam Greenwood and Crysancio Summerville who was a regular in the top Dutch league. These players are top players and deserve a go next season. But Phil is having brain surgery <laugh>

Irishshako and Gessa like this.
  4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

How's the head Doc.:grin: Just wondered where the poster Billy had gone, you and him had some good discussions.<ok>

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Got a thick tongue and head but like you I will be back on it by noon <laugh>

Wasn’t Billy is God the former Chairman of LUST, think his surname was Cooper, a big lad? But he used to post some interesting stuff on here and elsewhere, but think he fell out with some like Chippy etc?

Irishshako likes this.
  6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That's him, Gary Cooper, never missed a game, home away or Europe for something like 25-30 years, Heidi would know him. I believe he got involved in a court case with Bates, think it was slander but not certain, anyway at that time he stopped posting on waccoe and again I believe all social media.

Doc likes this.
  7. Irishshako

Cheers Doc, I met him once in the Premier after a midweek game. I think he was originally from South Africa. Didn't know he was chairman of LUST. Wouldn't be the forst to fall out with you know who.<ok>

Doc likes this.
  8. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

The Billy you're thinking of Shaks is Billy's Statue, think he has South African connections.

Different person to Cooper of LUST.

Irishshako and Whitejock like this.
  9. Irishshako

Spot on Essex, cheers.:emoticon-0148-yes:

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last match of the season today with a 1pm kick off at Thorp Arch against Burnley. Not got the team-sheet yet as no social media activity from anyone around the club. League Champions already and next season promoted to the elite Prem2 League1

Irishshako likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Interesting team today with Rodrigo and Greenwood, who will play 9 and who 10.

12 minutes ago

Leeds United
    Team news...
    Leeds: Casilla, Drameh, Davis, Casey, Cresswell (c), Berardi, Huggins, Jenkins, Rodrigo, Greenwood, McCarron.

Subs: Caprile, Kamwa, McKinstry, Summerville, Shackleton.

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sorry guys struggling to get anything except Leeds website for match updates. The match is live on LUTV but they are not putting it on YouTube as its a social media platform. 10 minutes in I believe Burnley have had a corner and a shot on target saved by Kiko. Wtf

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rodrigo just forced a great save from Burnley Keeper

17 mins still 0-0

14. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

15. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

1-0 Drameh

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

23′
    1st Half

Leeds United
    Goal - Leeds United
    Cody Drameh puts Leeds ahead with a powerful low finish! He was assisted after great work from Berardi in the build up. Leeds United 1-0 Burnley

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

31mins

Shot on Target - Leeds United
    Liam McCarron has an effort well saved after linking up with Leif Davis. 1-0

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

LeedsLive are saying that Rodrigo is on fire and causing all sorts of problems for Burnley

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

43minsCody Drameh just cleaned things up at the back and cleared and not long after Kiko pulls off another save. From what I can see Kiko, Drameh, McCarron and Rodrigo are playing well

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

43 mins

Leif Davis fluffs his lines on the penalty spot as the ball unexpectedly bobbles into his path. He can't sort his feet out in time to get the shot off, and the follow-up from Jack Jenkins has landed in the next field.

Drinks break as a Burnley man receives treatment...and they retrieve that ball.