1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds United vs Hull City match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jerel Ifil, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

<doh>

2. Whiteyorkist

Whiteyorkist Active Member

Yet another charmer, I suppose C**t is an everyday word to you, I really hope you don't have any offspring.

You Hull fans really do have a problem with Leeds United don't you? You've even got a pet name for us, bless you all.

I suggest you just accept Leeds United are and always will be one of the big boys, whatever division we're in.

3. Whiteyorkist

Why deny it, when you know I'm telling the truth!

4. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You don't care about us.We mean nothing to you.You've spent a lot of time on this thread though. Hmmn !

5. Whiteyorkist

I do believe the article is entitled Leeds United v Hull City match thread and was posted on the Leeds United board, therefore I am commenting about my team.<doh>

6. Kempton

You don't like me,do you ?

7. Whiteyorkist

not too bothered really. Shall we agree to differ again? End of chat??

8. Kempton

No you don't like me,i can tell. You leeds fans always say your not bothered about us.Over and over and......

9. Whiteyorkist

bed time for me, i think this post needs closing now I've proved you all wrong!

10. Kempton

Oh right then. er ! :huh:

11. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Did Paddington Bear really come from Peru?

12. Kempton

Itsalongwaybackindeed ! :emoticon-0136-giggl

13. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

The difference being that they saw it as a big game as well, despite being disenchanted by the FA Cup. If you think any different you're an idiot. I said we were similar in stature until about 12 years ago, maybe a little longer. Not that long ago really. It's a short enough time ago that the intense roses rivalry is still pretty familiar to the majority of fans involved. It's not like the fans who experienced it have all died.

Now about us and you. The facts suggest we should be rivals, until you look at total fanbase size. We've got about a million, you've got a grand total of **** all. While it's true that we lost a larger amount of our attendance dropping down the leagues, this is mostly because we felt more disappointment with it. It's natural to feel less disheartened when you know you weren't meant to be there and were just enjoying the ride.

Based on stature, Newcastle are actually our closest rivals - they have a slightly bigger fanbase but we've won more than they have. There's a difference there though, I feel (while although they hate us like every other club - and we aren't too fussed by them) there's a mutual respect there, for being similar not only in fanbase size but in the passion of our fans. They are the only club to bring a proper, large set of away fans to our ground and actually outsing us. Even while losing. Never seen any away fans sing at Elland Road while they were losing. And it was just a friendly, noone else takes 4000 to a friendly, other than us and them.

The Leeds - Manchester thing is down to history. And I'm not talking footballing history, it's the whole Yorkshire - Lancashire rivalry, which has been around for years and is still heartily felt. As the top representitives of our counties there's a rivalry on that basis. The similar levels of success during the 60s and 70s (with us slightly dominating) is part of it as well, something that is not forgotten easily. Oh I forgot to mention, we can also be rivals on the basis of "which club is hated more". Us, we win that one. And rightly so.

tl;dr - basically, just because you want us to "be realistic" and "stop seeing the scum as our rivals" in a hope that we might actually notice you, doesn't mean it's going to happen. The only reason we care about beating you the other night was it put you in your place, a small club from a town full of smackheads that's punching above its weight. That's probably why you're still pulling reasonably big crowds, because Championship is still big time for you.

14. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I'm not being funny mate but haven't half made yourself look a tit with the comment about Man Utd only really winning trophies in the last 19 years .

For one it isn't true . I would also like to point out a nineteen year spell of success is thirteen more than the dirty cheating scum under Revie achieved.
    Tell you what we'll just pretend the last nineteen years didn't happen eh ?

Man Utd are global, a brand known throughout the whole world.
    Don't embarrass yourself any further .

For what it's worth I hate Man Utd as well but I have to give them credit where it's due.

15. Simon21-LUFC

Doesn't stop the rivalry though. Look it up on Google, you'll find page upon page, scummer fan sites and all, about our rivalry. It stems from prolonged competition in the PL/Div 1 and the whole Yorkshire/Lancashire thing, what wit us being the biggest clubs in our respective counties.

This.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_United_A.F.C._and_Manchester_United_F.C._rivalry
    http://www.redtalk.co.uk/leeds-united-a-f-c-and-manchester-united-f-c-rivalry/
    http://www.prideofmanchester.com/sport/mufc-songs-leeds.htm
    http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/87747.aspx
    http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/156259.aspx
    http://community.manutd.com/forums/t/50073.aspx
    http://www.oleole.com/premier-league/manchester-united/history/thij.html Go to "Club Rivalries"

That enough for you?

16. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

we're not bothered about your club. At all. Your fans on the other hand... set of ****s who can't seem to accept that we're never going to notice you. This is mostly because until the last 7-8 years, most of your city were Leeds fans. You only really popped up and said "oh btw, we're Hull City have you heard of us?" a few seasons ago, and now you're fading into mediocrity... noone really gives a ****.

We're big because everybody knows who we are. We're famous, and as a result we go after the other big boys who are also famous. Who the **** are Hull City?

17. Whiteyorkist

You've really missed my point haven't you? Man U had not won the League for 25 years or so before they won the PL. Hardly prolific.

The "global brand" has only been created since the PL and the use of the media and mass marketing. Yes they had support all over the world but so did Leeds United.

My post was explaining why the rivalry is still going.

Maybe it's you who's a tit!

18. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Already been through this and no doubt the same responses will come back to me.

The hatred of Leeds Utd comes from the Hull Whites and that's all. It's daft hatred of a group of people, that we see as a bunch of posers, who have latched on to your success. I'm pretty sure there's naff all rivalry with whats gone on the pitch during a game. I haven't seen us play you many times and i've been going regularly enough.

To go into it further, while City were crippled by money problems and ******s ruining the club Leeds were successful and in Europe. The people (in general) who adopted Leeds as their club irritated City fans who had to live with them talking up their matches in Europe against Rangers, Barca, Real, Milan, Valencia etc while we were doing gash playing and losing badly to the likes of Rochdale and Macclesfield (no disrespect intended). Plus you're Yorkshire and it's an hour down the road.

Funny thing is if we'd had the success in the past we'd have thousands calling themselves Hull city fans. And i doubt deep down nobody conencted with City can deny this as you saw what happened when we eventually got a bit of success on the pitch.

The Leeds v Man Utd rivalry maybe special (i dunno i'm not a fan either) i take the piss out of it to wind up my Leeds supporting friends. And they bite like mad.

That's my view anyway. You may have different views. Sorry for the essay.

19. Simon21-LUFC

See my post above <ok>. Hating us is fine, God knows we get it from a lot of supporters, but some of your lot on here are just spouting crap about something they clearly know nothing about.

20. Whiteyorkist

Good post, sense at last. <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.