1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds signing Mills.

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Some of my mates were involved then, and they were 19 at the time. The majority of them were no older than 18-years-old and aren't City fans (nor do they go to games)

2. I used to be john fallen

I used to be john fallen Active Member

why am I not surprised at the detail?

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Explain.

4. I used to be john fallen

since when did I need to explain my comments to anybody?

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

IUTBJF really thinks that crowd surfing a bin is football violence? <laugh>

Drop the sanctimonious ****e, John, we could do without it.

Erik, why did it kick off in York of all places? :confused: And why were non-Hull fans travelling to a pre-season friendly, just for a good ol' rampage?

6. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Well, as you were posting in response to my comment, and I haven't got a ****ing clue what you're talking about, I wondered if you'd elaborate.

God knows. There's a laughable group of teenagers and young adults that walk around Hull/Beverley/etc telling everyone how they're "City's Youth Firm" <laugh>

Most of them support one of the Sky Four, and I recall a lad I know telling me he was going to Sheffield United on Boxing Day last season (minus a ticket, as he'd picked up a ban for starting a one-man fight with a pair of Police Officers at Doncaster earlier that year) just in case it "all kicked off". He's a 20-year-old Newcastle fan from Gateshead <laugh>

7. I used to be john fallen

You obviously read what you think, rather than what is actually written, where did I say the wonderfully intellectual pastime of dustbin throwing was football violence? I realise its the height of yorkshire sporting prowess to keep a bin in the air as long as possible
    and cheer while doing it, but I never have believed it to be violent..unless it hits one of the morons doing it on the head..but even then im sure there would be little damage done...keep tossing ...

8. Jerel Ifil

Alright, you never said it was football violence, but when IALLFB spoke about there being no similar incidents to the Hull one at the York-Leeds fixtures and you dragged out the old bin video that you've posted about three times before, it smacked of desparation to make us all out as thugs. If you did your research, I'm sure you could come up with far more incriminating things than a bin-toss.

9. I used to be john fallen

not all leeds fans are thugs, agreed, only several thousand, I watched the leeds "risk" in a documentary last week,it was the police operation for the visit of millwall...disgraceful and medieval, one leeds woman in her fourties said she would of loved to have joined in if she hadn't had her two children with her..middle aged leeds hooligans were very prominent... it was rather sad to see..buses wrecked cars damaged ....but I supposed some might be very proud...

10. Jerel Ifil

The kicking of the Police dog and the bloke who jumped on the back of a car to get away from the coppers. <doh> <laugh>

11. I used to be john fallen

yes, something to be proud of..he was actually trying to punch the dog....wonderful...

12. Jerel Ifil

I wouldn't have put the <doh> if I was proud of it. Although those Police dogs do deserve a good shoeing at times, it has to be said. Vicious little ****s.

13. I used to be john fallen

Im afraid it comes across as you are....to deny leeds have a serious hooligan problem is ludicrous..It was all there in the documentary for all to see...pitiful really..

14. Jerel Ifil

A serious hooligan problem? I've not seen a single punch thrown at anyone this season, and I've probably been to 70% of games. Couple of coins thrown at Man U fans and a couple of seats ripped out at Burnley, and that's been it.

Doesn't sound like serious hooliganism to me, especially for a club of our calibre.

15. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Leeds don't have a serious hooligan problem anymore. They havn't done for a while now, there will always be the odd people who are hooligans but not enough to warrant a 'serious problem'. This is a past that has been carried on with the leeds support

16. I used to be john fallen

This was very recent , Iqbal thinks its amusing to attack a dog, police or not...I don't know if you actually watched the program, it was not "one or two"..all ages were involved, children and men in their fifties. to say its disappeared over night is living in denial...I know you will defend the indefensible and slag me off..go ahead, but thats the truth..accept it or not, I don't care..

17. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

No i have not watched the program. Even if there was acts of violence, be it recent or not. Leeds United do not carry a huge amount of hooliganism with the fans, or at least enough to say it is a serious problem. They used to and I don't think any person can deny that without lying but Leeds have not got many hooligans in there fanbase these days and havn't for a while now. not to say there isn't a few which all clubs have I'd imagine

18. Jerel Ifil

We get hundreds of fans banned and arrested every season. Trust me, the Police are top firm in the country, not Leeds United. I've not seen a single Leeds fan looking for bother this season, and the away games I've missed aren't the sort where things would go awry.

And you know what, a police handler/dog team ruined a person's life who is very close to me, so I'll ****ing assert my right to say those vile Alsatians deserve a good old kicking if they start indiscriminately attacking people, especially Leeds fans.

They were similarly deployed after the Man U game, even on innocent people who were trying to get back home and had left the game late. Despicable creatures, both the cowardly Police and their beasts.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That York things was a lot of fuss about nothing, some pissed up little oiks took offence to being herded into a pub and locked in for two hours, so smashed a few things up. Children are stupid sometimes, but no bottles were thrown at the public, nobody was injured and there was only one arrest at the time(though a couple more were given banning orders later). We've all got them, Leicester had nine fans arrested at the recent Forest game and over 20 were arrested at the Leeds v Man United game, these things happen occasionally.

20. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Quite agree OLM - it's not that long ago that 200 or so of ours had a collective satnav problem that ended with the poor souls being stranded in Earlsden just outside Coventry town centre - by an unfortunate quirk of fate a similar number of Cov fans. out on an iconic styling photo-shoot for Rockport, Stone Island, Burberry etc coincidentally found theselves in the same vicinity, leading to a high spirited game of British Bulldog up and down the high street that lasted for a good hour - the problem is not exclusively Leeds, we all have our 'likely lads'