1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds match thread

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Swamp, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

good performance again from a slade team.

two of the goals were lucky, but after the third went in the result was not in doubt as leeds gave up as we closed the game out with quick one touch passing.

sign ravel morrison up i say! <cheers>

2. Edo1990

Edo1990 Member

now lets do it away from home...

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very poor first half - looked basement team stuff with Whitts playing in the Medel role. Don't know what Slade said to to them during the break, but it was a different game second half. Far more purpose and played much further up the pitch - good management.

Ralls did well wide left instead of Pilks, and if he had a bit more pace about him, he'd be in the running for a starting spot and not just a bench filler. Fabio and Brayford are proving to be reral assets on each flank going forward as well as defensively.

Manga was again immense throughout - we're very fortunate to have got him. Morrison (Sean) played very well again.

As said above, we need a win on the road and a clean sheet would be handy too.

4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Bolton and Brum away in a week. If we can't pick up at least one win there, we can forget about going up this season. Desperately need a win on the road.

I know Slade is fixed on 442, but was wondering if 451 would serve better away, especially as we have some attacking midfielders with an eye for goal. Leave ALF or Kiko on the bench and add one of Ralls, Morrison (R) or Mats.

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

We will need to play far better to get the win against those 2.

Hopefully the 3 points will give us the confidence to play better.

Leeds were just about the worst outfit ive seen at our place since we got promoted from League 1. They were completely useless all over the pitch other than passing it around the back 4 very nicely unchallenged.

Worst Leeds side ive ever seen. Dont understand how theyve got the points they have. Look like certainties for the drop.

Better 2nd half from us though i think wed have won if wed carried on being as bad as we were 1st. Leeds were that bad.

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

This doesnt look like its going to happen but its what id do.

I think he will stick to the system he uses but maybe Ravel may go up front.

To be fair the 442 system hes using isnt the 442 wed see under Jones. Both Pilkington and Noone come narrow to support the middle and Fabio and Brayford push forward. Ralls I thought helped a lot 2nd half.

Gunner is playing well closing down and tackling but his passing is letting him down he needs to pass it quicker to someone who is capable of picking out a decisive pass.

I think Slade has recognised what a shambles we were under Ole and has decided on a system where the players know their roles and you cant blame him for that. Will it get us to the play offs?. Not sure.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Slade just needs to keep us in the hunt until January. He'll ship out 8-10 players to get to a manageable number then add two or three of his own men. That will allow him to better impose the style he actually wants.

Digkacoi being out for 12 weeks won't help and may be a passenger to the end of the season.

Now he has a way of playing with the small core, he'll also be better placed to start adding one or two players to the playing squad without too much disruption. I wonder if Burgstellar could cover the Gunnar role? From what I saw pre-season he didn't seem to mind putting a foot in and has better distribution than Gunnar.

8. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Ralls did well. Much more suited to a wider midfield role, like Ledley used to play for us.

Burgstaller is a wide player. Not got the dog for a central role. Likely to leave in January. Another crap Ole signing.

9. roofjack_22

roofjack_22 Well-Known Member

Well done....

10. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Will they ever beat us? <laugh>

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

In their dreams Jay, in their dreams.

12. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

SOMEBODY TOUCH SOME WOOD!!!!....:emoticon-0145-shake