1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds away

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Castro Sito, Sep 20, 2017.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Leeds look good but some terrible defending and some worse refereeing are going against us.
    All to play for second half

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I think people are being overly critical on Knudsen. He's had to fill big shoes following his two predecessors, Aaron Cresswell and Tyrone Mings, who were good footballers that moved to the Premier League. He's had to play centre back for the last few games and I think he's done well considering. Had a very good claim to be our man of the match in the win against Brentford and I think he's been one of our better defenders so far this season.

If there is a defender to scapegoat this season, I haven't been impressed with Iorfa. He had a particularly dismal game against Fulham, not that many of our lot could come out of that defeat with their heads held high.

I would've preferred a back four of Spence, Chambers, Knudsen, and Kenlock, but I can understand why McCarthy opted for experience against Leeds as Kenlock often gets caught out in games when he pushes forwards. Leeds are the type of team that will punish a young defender for that.

Hope we improve after the break. Not many of us were expecting much from this match, but I'd be delighted with a point against a team that, you suspect, will be there or thereabouts come May.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  3. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Exciting start to the 2nd half, hope we can keep this up!

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Ref was ****

5. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

No complaints today, shame we couldn't grab the point but decent performance anyway. Sets us up nicely for Tuesday night.

6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We showed a lot of fight today but we conceded goals at silly times especially just after we equalised! We move on but I think there are generally some positives to take out of today's performance.

7. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear from you guys / twtd / Mick ( though he'd always say we're excellent ) that it was a better performance today. People won't mind poor results as much - providing we have a go. THAT SAID. If we start to have a series of losing with having a go .... people won't tolerate that so I can understand why Mick has the mantra he has.

Regards Knudsen - also not a huge fan and feel harsh on Kenlock. That said, it's about combinations too. Hard to see a flank of Kenlock / Nydam happening at the minute. Kenlock's main issue for him sadly is going to be unless Sears plays on the wing as he's trusted to do his job, if Celina / Nydam or another young lad it's hard to see Kenlock getting a start in a 4-4-2. Not saying I agree with it entirely however I'd imagine that'll be some of Mick's thinking....

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Whilst performance sounded better it sounded like we only started having a go when we went behind. It seems like we hardly ever start off on the front foot and Mick then changes at half time.

I hate to say it given the position we're in but I'm proper fed up of Mick now and can't wait until the day he leaves, his footballing mantra just takes the fun out of following Ipswich.

9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Like this lad on Youtube!

fieldmarshall and Castro Sito like this.