1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leeds are vile scum

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Oct 19, 2012.

1. stephenhawkingsfootballboots

Jesus Christ on a unicycle! You keep coming back for more!

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Dude, we've got our own problems. Concentrate on yours.

Or in words with which you may be more familiar: "leave him, he's not worth it"

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Are you serious? You have a thread on your board with over 160 posts on it about Leeds United and how they are vile scum and you don't expect any leeds fans to defend themselves.

****ing hell

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

There is one really simple solution to this. There are 3,000 banning orders or so. That is more than 30 for every club. Or 1000 each for Leeds and Millwall and 10 each for the rest of us. They don't work. Once a season, before the FA Cup final, electrocute one of them on the turf at Wembley and use their skin for the match ball.

4. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

I am terribly confused, maybe it is my simple rural upbringing shining through but Simon, you have written two posts that are a little conflicting perhaps?

but much earlier on you said

If no one saw him do it, why was this the worst single moment of your life and why was every Leeds fan you left the ground furious?

This suggests to me that at least one person MUST have seen it although you could try to convince me someone watching on TV called their mate at the ground to tell them what happened (unlikely me thinks).

No if you are going to concede that one person in all probability did see the incident (otherwise how did all these Leeds fans you point to know what happened?) then I would bet my house that more people saw it too.

5. stephenhawkingsfootballboots

Thai Canary, I salute you!

I get another chance to use the term "Hoist by your own petard".

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Sorry Thai but if you read Simon's post in context, he was talking about the match against Ipswich which relegated Leeds as his worst game ever!

7. lifecheshirewhite

Time to move on steveee boy,what goes on in the championship wont concern you 6 fingered boys soon.Good to hear Paul jewels jobs safe.<ok>

8. lifecheshirewhite

yes it is your simple rural upbringing thai,:biggrin: talking about 2 different games there.I will have a word with Simon see if he can make it easier for YOU AND STEPHENHAWKINGS to understand.<ok>

9. ThaiCanary

Thanks Chesh, knew I could rely on you <laugh>

Simon, stay on topic ffs, I can't keep up <laugh>

10. ThaiCanary

<yikes> That's a first on here <laugh>

Although my reference clearly was out of context I am still struggling to believe that not 1 out of the 5000 present did not see anything though, indeed my struggle with it is bordering on near impossible to believe.

11. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

The bit I have trouble with are those who insist that Kirkland went down easily! If you look at the video, see the whipping back of his head at point of contact, I think he's fortunate not to have received a more serious injury!

12. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Sorry Thai, I'll try to keep things more simple in future. <laugh>

I'm not really maintaining that not a single person saw it happen, but certainly not enough for the en masse kicking out of the guy that many other fans are suggesting should have happened. A handful of people will have seen some random person run onto the pitch, push Kirkland, then disappear back into the crowd; I doubt they'd be able to identify him or see where he was sitting, especially as he seemed to be at the back of the tier, where people would have been even less likely to see the event.

13. ThaiCanary

Thanks <ok> <laugh>

This I largely agree with but I am not singling you out when I say that a number of Leeds fans have said the same thing, and I paraphrase here "no one saw him do it". By your own admission you have agreed the probability is someone or even maybe a few or more must have seen the incident, so why say "no one"? Again, it's not a dig at you personally but such a sweeping statement does nothing to make any argument you put forward any more plausible as it is, in all probability factually incorrect.

14. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

By "no-one" I probably mean more that it was a significantly small enough number for it to be practically nobody. I've seen countless comments now by fans who were at the game saying neither they nor anyone they were with saw it.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I admire Simon's tenacity although I don't think he can see the problems at his club because he doesn't know what it's like at our clubs.

I don't think anyone was patting him on the back on his way back up the terrace, fans were celebrating the goal. The biggest question mark is over who appointed the steward who **** himself and looked away deliberately without trying to apprehend the chap.

16. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Behave Dave (or is it Rodney?)

Kirkland was pushed in the boat - did it warrant 4 minutes of treatment?

17. King_of_Portman_Rd

King_of_Portman_Rd Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It makes no odds whether he was set about with a crow bar, a brick or tickled with a feather there are no excuses with a fan confronting a player on the playing field and the fact Warnock used that as an excuse only makes him look like a tool. Quite honestly if some scally ran out of nowhere and forefully shoved two hand in your face you're probably gonna be in a little bit of shock so 4 minutes seems perfectly reasonable.... Unlike that pleb's prison sentence

18. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It doesn't matter to a large extent - a supporter ran on the field of play and assualted a player. The level of hurt is, to a degree, immaterial.

Having said that, I totally agree that there's no need to exagerate - the principle of what happened is bad enough so say what you see.

19. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

Did he warrant a push in the face? It makes no difference in the slightest how long he was down for.

The fact you think it is important really does show your true opinion of the situation.

20. lifecheshirewhite

Its not news that Leeds have a more than average idiot minority,Its also not news that lots of well behaved clubs fans go out of there way to wind up them same idiots,with [We all hate Leeds scum and Istanbul chants]go into Ipswich town centre this sat night,find a drunken idiot and wind him up.[Let me know how he responds]
    Is it really a big surprise when they react badly at a game.