1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lee Johnson discusses Bristol City 'break-up'

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 8, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Graceful and professional as usual..........................please tell me why we sacked him? I agree, he failed to get us to the Prem but was it for a much better manager to progress on.. a new manager to get the fans together?..............Yeah that's worked then!!...........<laugh>

manxrobin likes this.
  3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I've no idea 1For, its a mystery <laugh><laugh>

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I'm with you on this one, we sack LJ for failure, then we offer the job to his number 2, his right hand man, his partner in failure, we also sack Jamie McAlister, so 2 for the price of one, the cheap option,it's crazy, what ever side of argument you're on.<laugh>

5. oneforthebristolcity

You must be so pleased with the replacement <laugh>

6. oneforthebristolcity

It was always going to happen Wiz, just not many fans saw it happening <doh><doh><doh>

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

cant wait to pick up my money [ well have it credited to my account had to place all the bets ] then draw it out and go on a spree … actually just crept into profit should have not been so keen on the higher points total wanted to smash it ….
    still DEAN got me out the mire ...hopefully … £9.2k from £8.5k invested …..

8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We sacked him because his football had become dire and decisions bemusing - same reason we sacked Cotts.
    When a manager is sacked though, you do expect the replacement to be better.
    Let’s hope it is.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  9. oneforthebristolcity

With the players at is disposal and who that's down to, we will probably never know......maybe that's we aren't able to attract decent managers...just a thought....
    According to lots on here, we have got decent players, so interested what the new coach can get out of them...otherwise we are going around in circles :emoticon-0112-wonde

AshtonRed likes this.
  10. Redprintt

Whoever it is - you're right. <laugh>
    And England beat Pakistan.
    Life doesn't get any better.

Junior was touted for the Birmingham, Watford, and the latest Bournemouth jobs and they won't be the last.
    Amazed he didn't get all 3.
    Paulton's his best option <laugh><laugh>

11. Redprintt

The Henry Winter interview was classic LJ lamp oil.
    It was incredulous and hilarious in equal parts, 'staying loyal when he could have left' and would you believe he 'destroyed Leon Britton' in his playing days <laugh>. A paper bag maybe but not anyone warm and breathing - His tablets are certainly better than mine.
    However there might be some poor sod out there who'll believe his tripe and give him a job.
    He'll get a dead cat bounce but no doubt it will end, like it did here, in tears.
    He's all hot air <laugh>.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  13. bcfcredandwhite

I thought Leon Britton was an old Tory politician.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Brittan

I’d fully expect LJ to be able to beat him on the pitch - even now (if Leon hadn’t died in 2015)
    Even I probably could have!!

14. oneforthebristolcity

You will always use "it will end in tears" because that's how most managers jobs end.....so that's boring..
    LJ will get another job as he's a good up and coming young coach...

15. bcfcredandwhite

In all seriousness, LJ needs to reflect on what went well and what didn’t. It’s not rocket science - he seemed to have found the ‘magic’ formula up to ‘that’ Wolves game and we went on a slow decline after that. He needs to try and understand what caused the cards to collapse and how to build them up again. it’s all very well holding great managers like Pep and Bailsa in high esteem, but the challenges that those managers faced weren’t exactly the same as his - you can’t simply copy another manager and expect the results to be the same - just like you can’t expect to sing a famous song and expect it to sound the same as the original. He should concentrate on forming his own style - at the end it looked like he didn’t even know what his style should be (maybe because he kept losing his team captains???). He should also analyse some of the comments from the fans - amongst the mindless personalised rants there are some nuggets of wisdom - after all, a lot of us, whilst we may not be qualified coaches, have been watching football since before he was born and we’ve got valid observations and criticisms to make.
    Finally, he needs to avoid criticising his players in public. Out of everything he did this was what annoyed me the most. It doesn’t make him look good at all and won’t help in the dressing room either.
    All of the above is achievable and I’m sure he’ll manage again - whether it’s Paulton or Porto remains to be seen - probably at a level somewhere in between!!!

Supcon72 likes this.
  16. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

would he make a better job than you at the balloon fest?:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0105-wink: