1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Leave 10 up...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Sep 30, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Jim in the background saying you can't leave 11 up, you need someone in goal <laugh>

grumpygit likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Interesting that you should start a thread on this subject.......

As I said last week, Taylor will continue to set up The Gills with a defensive formation - and basically hope to hit the opponents on the break. He will need quicker players in the side for this. ( List not starting is even more defensive !! )

To be fair to The Gills, they didn't play too badly against Rovers. In the last quarter of the game, Gills actually attacked quite a lot - and with a bit of luck, or a bit more quality, they would have come away with a not totally undeserved point..................
    ............And therein lies the problem - - For the most part Gills did the defensive bit right - but just one mistake or lack of concentration, will have us 0-1 down, and if we haven't quite got enough ( other than a bit of effort ), we will not score enough goals to secure sufficient points to stay in L1.

In the last 20 minutes yesterday, we did show that we can create some [half] chances - and at least made the Blackburn defence work. Taylor will continue to primarily be defensive - until we need to react to a losing scoreline. We need to use tactics that are more progressive than we will ever have with Taylor in charge (( 46 draws will not be enough to avoid relegation ))

As for defending corners --- if we left ' two up ' - we should still be able to defend a corner with 9 men. The opponents probably will need to 'mark' them using at least 4 defenders and a goalkeeper. One of the opponents will be utilised taking the corner - leaving a maximum of 5 who might be in and around our penalty area - none of whom will be as tall as Holy - or be permitted to use their hands ! This scenario will have fewer players in the 6 yard area - surely making it easier for our goalkeeper to get at the ball ? - to release it - with some chance of it reaching a Gills player - instead of it being pumped right back at us.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    brb, DebbieA and grumpygit like this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Without a natural finisher we will continue to struggle for goals, this leaves the dilemma of whether to go with attacking players and formation and risk conceding, or go with defence and hope to snatch a 1 - 0 win.

4. brb

brb CR250

Taylor has now had three stints in charge at our club, but we don't employ friends ;)

First time round, all I need to say is Pulis!
    Second time round, negative, absolute embarrassment
    Third time round, negative, two games, no goals.

So for a manager that has had three stints at our club and still will not stay away like a bad virus, you would think he was blue blood through and through, but I am a very harsh judge of things like that and as I once said about Cody, if you kiss that badge you die for it.

So let me quote you something, that many Gills fans, very few in fact will know;

What is your proudest moment as a football manager?

My time at Hull. They were 18th in the old Third Division when I took over. You look where they are now and that is down to having a very good chairman in Adam Pearson and a staff who have worked very hard to be successful. I'm very proud of the job I did there. I'm proud also of winning promotion at Brighton and Gillingham, but to win two on the spin at Hull probably beats those.

I told Taylor before and i repeat it again, LEAVE MY CLUB

And if you don't wish to believe me about the negativity that I constantly claim read this...

https://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=82&story=3794

"When I left (for Fulham) I wasn't the only player that wanted to leave, others wanted to as well," said Kuqi.

As I said when the chairman announced Taylor's reappointment as temporary manager, AP got a lot of stick from supporters for an unhappy dressing room. I'd suggest look deeper than that, negativity can also be fed down from the top.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    alwaysright likes this.
  5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

There could be one in Nash. Oh yes not even in squad

6. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

...and so it came to pass that BRB sayeth "I told Taylor before and I repeat it again LEAVE MY CLUB" begone forever never to return.
    Sounds like that came from a Service of Exorcism mate.

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

Bookies have Taylor as 3/1 next manager <doh>

8. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Oh noooooooooooooooo Exorcism never did work. Bullets are better.

9. brb

brb CR250

Get the Spanish police on the job, they seem pretty good at randomly firing bullets today!

10. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

And I reckon Taylor will also get us playing in an empty stadium !
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41461197

at least I can say that I was there when Messi scored 4 goals- I doubt if I'll ever be able to say that about the entire Gills team - all the time Taylor is in charge.

itstimupnorth and brb like this.