1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Learning from the Premiership?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, May 31, 2018.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Do you really want to go this route grumpygit, what do you think i would say about a club that spends nigh on a billion pounds on a new ground?

Anyway ive already told the Spurs supporters as you can imagine, within 10 years they will either be bust or an NFL club, where 'soccer' used to be played.

grumpygit likes this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb, do you think the Spurs supporters will care? they will be too busy getting drunk in the new brewery. :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0140-rofl:

brb likes this.
  4. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

@brb wouldn't like the brewery in any case @grumpygit . Beavertown are a craft beer brewery as opposed to cask ale. They often infuse their beers with other flavours such as citrus fruits or are overly hopped whilst still being fizzy like a lager. They're the type of beers that you expect to see people in their early twenties with a unusual dress sense, beards and handlebar moustaches whilst wearing glasses with no lenses.

Craft beer is very much a modern twist to beer which totally contravenes the traditional values of a cask ale. Therefore unlikely that our friend @brb would like it so all you've done is give him more ammunition to be against a new stadium.<laugh>

brb and grumpygit like this.
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

PegLeg, the idea is to have a brewery in the stadium, as we are based in Kent (the heart of real ale in England) then I would expect the brewery to produce proper ale.
    I would certainly support brb in not wishing to see gassy, fruity beers of the modern genre.
    Maybe we could have a number of micro-pubs dotted round the ground at strategic places. <ale>

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  6. The Gills PegLeg

Whilst this is more than enough to sell it for me, I'm not convinced the club has quite worked out that people drink other things to Fosters or Strongbow. It's only since they opened The Factory that they started selling proper ales at all and even since then they've gone back on their promise to have four ales on at a time as you're lucky to get an alternative option to Spitfire. Even if it was just in Priestfield, I would the club to get behind the smaller microbreweries we have in the county.

7. brb

brb CR250

Craft beer is like NFL, in the same way Tottenham are like soccer...very American and they need to butt out of our game. I've never said this about any club, but i reallt hope these deals send Spurs under....and then it can be a proper bitter & twisted <laugh>

Good post by the way pegleg :)

8. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

who are you calling bitter & twisted ?

You knew that, before I started to go to [most of] the Gills away games, I would go to White Hart Lane, if Spurs were playing at home. ( because I wanted to watch actual football ). :emoticon-0139-bow:

brb likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

I didn't know you was a secret Spurs supporter <laugh> i knew you liked Barcelona. Can't remember did Venables once manage the Spanish giants?

grumpygit likes this.
  10. alwaysright

not really a secret grumpygit - I'm not sure why I didn't just go to the 'away' Gills game, instead of alternating between the two clubs - I suppose I became more stupid and started to 'travel' with The Gills --- so perhaps I can be forgiven for watching Barcelona on Sky - because I would actually like to see football - not hoofball.

brb likes this.

11. The Gills PegLeg

Getting @grumpygit and @brb mixed up. Amateur mistake from a spuds fan. Maybe been drinking too many craft beers? <laugh>

brb, grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  12. alwaysright

Thanks for pointing that out to me Hoadieboi. I'm not sure which of them will feel more insulted ? I don't care - I have had a bump to my head -I'm concussed - and the fact that I typed grumpygit, instead of brb is because of my reduced sense of spatial awareness of the digits of my keyboard.

...... do you think that our players have also suffered a blow to their heads on match day - they all seem to have a problem with spatial awareness of the opposition goal

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    brb, grumpygit and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  13. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Always, as I often head to Stonebridge road when we are away from home, it would be beneath me to criticise you for going to Spurs.
    My days of long distance travel following the Gills are becoming a distant memory, sitting for hours on a coach, train, or car, no longer hold the same fascination for me.

Ebbsfleet might not be Barcelona but I still enjoy the football.

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

I think we need a Boston doctor on this thread <laugh>

I think a Liverpool goalkeeper has hacked alwaysright account ;)

Resurgam and alwaysright like this.