1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

League One Fixture List 2021/22 AND IMPORTANT FINAL MATCHES

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Jun 24, 2021.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I would totally agree with that comment CW, even though remembering the Torquay game is something I will never forget

2. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

I feel we will need 80+ points to be in the playoffs

3. philhythe

We might have a bit of luck with Poxfords fixtures Plymouth then Morecambe away on Tuesday night then Sunderland at home next Saturday that's a lot of travelling two difficult games & Morecambe not that easy either

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In the last 9 games we have amassed 15 points. If we achieve the same ratio over the next 6 we will have 79.

4 of those games are away. 3 against teams fighting for survival and one against the team that may have just put paid to Ipswich's promotion hopes. The 2 home games are against top promotion contenders Plymouth and Sheff W

I have predicted a total of 6 points from these games, all draws. Most unlikely. Let's hope we can turn a few of those into wins, and not lose any

Then teams who could do us a favour:
    Plymouth, to beat Sunderland but not us
    MK Dons to beat Sheff W and Oxford
    Rotherham to beat Oxford and Sunderland
    Burton/ Fleetwood to avoid defeat against Oxford
    Cambridge to avoid defeat against Sunderland
    Bolton/ Fleetwood to avoid defeat against Sheff W
    Sunderland and Oxford to end in a draw

And of course, if we could win our 2 home games, it would be a big help

Our aim is to get in the play-offs at the expense of any 2 from Sunderland, Sheff W and Oxford. I'm assuming the top 4 places are already taken by Wigan, Rotherham MK Dons and Plymouth

Given who is playing who, this definitely looks feasible, as long as we don't screw up

Guywanderer likes this.
  5. philhythe

Looking at those fixtures if Poxford make into the play-offs from where they are now, that would take some doing

6. Guywanderer

I'll re write this one
    In the last 6 games we have amassed 13 points. If we achieve the same ratio over the next 6 we will have 82.
    Our next two are away one against a mid table team Cambridge 51pts the other against a team fighting for survival Gillingham 37pts things will look clearer after these two followed by a crunch three games two at home against promotion rivals Plymouth and Sheff Wed and in between a trip to the struggling Dons 33pts then off to mid table Burton 47pts who are already close to safety but have to play Plymouth Wigan Rotherham and ourselves at home and away games against Accrington and Doncaster I think we will take 12pts out of a possible 18 pts

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    Ron likes this.
  7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How dare you re-write my post <laugh>

Guywanderer likes this.
  8. Guywanderer

Saved be some time writing my own<laugh>

Ron likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tell you what Ron, if only we could just play games on paper life would be so much easier. Our record against your lot isn't great is it. But we hadn't won at Gillingham for 40 odd years before this season. I have to say I'm not bothered about any of our games we have left. One more win gives us 80 points and if that isn't enough to get into the play offs at least then there is no God. Automatic isn't really on the cards so that is the best we can go for. Do I fear any of the teams around us left to play. Well no to be honest. We might lose a few or we might lose them all but whatever happens I still reckon our season has been a pretty decent one. I just leave it to others to worry about outcomes and what we are doing. One or two sets of supporters are going to be mightily pee'd off at the end of this season because they can't all get into the play offs and even then only one gets promoted, They will all think it should have been them.

Ron likes this.

11. philhythe

That is right it's going to be us<laugh><laugh><laugh>

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Portsmouth thrashed Rotherham 3-0. They have been looking vulnerable of late and it looks like it could be MK Dons going up with Wigan
    Burton just need 1 point for safety. In reality they are already safe as one of the 4 teams at the bottom would have to win all their remaining games and Burton lose all theirs to even put Burton in danger

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Apart from the obvious game on Friday, look at the 3 matches on Saturday. The 3 fighting for auto promotion are all playing. MK Dons v Sheff W being the one of most interest. I can't see Sunderland slipping up against Shrews on Friday. So if Sheff W beat MK Dons and we lose, that would put Sunderland and Sheff W 3 points ahead of us, each with a game in hand. Not ideal. Plymouth will be wanting to beat us given their remaining fixtures. Rotherham can't afford to make many mistakes. Every day seems like the last 10 mins of a cup final and we are losing 1-0 and fighting to take it to extra time. This weekend could feel like conceding a penalty in those fictitious 10mins or equalising to make our chances of a play-off place more realistic. I can't recall it being so tight for all 6 places (apart from the ppg saga). Not sure this is good for my health. If we do make the play-offs I think I will be coming over, and not alone

It's Just me and my son in France at the moment. My son's children have gone to England during the school holidays and Amanda, her 2 children and the wife have gone to Spain for 2 weeks. Pity I couldn't go

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Irrespective of all of our fixtures we will want to beat all of them Ron. Why wouldn't we. Whether we do or not is another matter entirely but the team will try. I'm not sure you can say Sunderland won't slip up either. There have been a shed load of weird results this season at times as the betting league will testify. Every week throws up at least one stupid score.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If I say it greeny it might jus happen <laugh>. Fingers crossed

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

MK DONS still trying their upmost to keep us out of the play offs

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Told you Ron it will be between you and us who dips out. Thing is punk do you feel lucky,,,,,,,,,,,

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oxford are back in it now greeny. We could both be out of the play-offs. One thing is certain. At least one of us will be in L1 next season

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They have to win both and have Rotherham next. We have to win one although neither of us has any gimmees now. Exciting ain't it.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It could all be over for us on Saturday. If we lose Plymouth don't lose and Sunderland win. That's it

And Sheff W would be in with a chance of auto promotion. Who would have thought that before Easter?