1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Le Mans this weekend.

Discussion in 'Other Motorsports' started by Kyle?, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Silly ole Nakajima, probably didnt see the car, but still a pity to see the Deltawing out.

2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

What a ****ing idiot. <doh> I hope Davidson makes a speedy recovery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/18474792

About three months recovery time according to the BBC.

3. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

Bit of a silly crash that from Marc Gene

4. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

and now the #2 Audi <yikes> wtf is going on

5. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Has Audi #1 had an issue yet? I missed most of the night, i fell asleep in front of my laptop.

6. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Saw nothing of the night myself so couldnt tell you. It would seem like they did as they have more pit stops beside their name than the #2 although that may be for strategic reasons.
    Its leading by a lap from the #2 that did make a visit to the Armco at the Porsche Curves

7. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I've learnt watching this year that GT Academy is a very good idea. Tresson and Ordonez are very good drivers, you'd never have guessed they were just gaming buffs a couple of years ago.

8. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

I hate the current GT categories. Bring back simple GT1 and GT2. Open up the GT1 category to the FIA GT1 regs to bring in the competitors it was lacking.

On that note, where are Risi Competizione? Why didnt they enter this year

9. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Congrats to Lotterer and co in the #1 Audi hybrid <applause>

10. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Great to see Audi formation in the end, such a strong team in car racing.

Unlucky Mcnish, maybe he could have made a challenge for the win.

11. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Bring back the Group C-class and then Le Mans would **** over F1 with the WEC.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evxweFqKxo8[/video]

250mph please!

12. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

In that case, lose the Mulsanne chicanes. Will never happen though

13. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased to see this thread in not606; and that efforts have been made to properly use it here in the 'Motorsports' section (thanks Kyle). In the run-up to the biggest event of all, I was going to begin a Le Mans thread a couple of weeks ago; however, after receiving not a single reply for the thread I started for the Nürburgring 24h, it was a very pleasing surprise to see that some have not only found this 'other Motorsport' backwater but actually contributed to it!

The race itself was very eventful, although I understand the disappointment expressed by those who may have preferred to see an end to Audi's seemingly unassailable dominance of the sport. Even in the event of misfortune &#8211;which threatened their triple podium several times&#8211; there is something rather inevitable about Audi's integrity as a team, to make the almost superhuman effort required to turn around a damaged car in double-quick time. And having seen them in action, I must say they sometimes look like semi-automaton insects, all knowing precisely what is expected of them so that there seems not the slightest confusion as to what is to be done.

Congratulations must be due to Dr. Wolfgang Ullrich, whose continuing, unstinting command of Audi's operation is surely a role-model for anyone involved in motor sport.

But most important of all: after Anthony Davidson's horrific meeting with big G, I was very happy to learn of early medical reports suggesting something in the order of 2 to 3 months recovery time. However, knowing Ant, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him fully up and running within five to six weeks! This guy always bounces back and has one of the most positive outlooks on life of anyone I've ever met.
    He is a real star and of course, I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.

14. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Dr Ulrich comes across as the scariest man in Endurance motorsport IMO, it would be wise for Audi to win, or face his wrath. (and congratulations to car #1, even if i would have preferred either #2 or Toyota #8 to win instead).

15. cosicave

Double post. Apologies. (see above)

16. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Never knew of that guy before this weekend, but i must say he is a true racer at heart behind it all. Credit to him letting his drivers race it out, when others would call a halt.

17. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

No the official Le Mans threads are my jurisdiction <wah> i just wasnt able to get to computer this week. Im not constructing an official thread through the app.

Do agree with the under utilisation of this board. My slight annoyance with the EMC thread is mostly due to the complete apathy most F1 fans seem to hold with regards to, IMO, the best motorsport event of the year.
    My thread last year got only about 40 replies from the start of practise. Sometimes you think your talking to yourself.
    However i fully intend not to start a thread next year as a fully intend to be in attendance at the event in person.

Oh and with regards to the 24hr of Nurburgring i missed it completely and recorded highlights. When i get a chance il watch them during the week and will leave my thoughts on your thread :D

18. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I add the odd post or thread to this section now and again and I've added the forums RSS feed to the Not606F1 twitter feed in an attempt to pick up some folks but its hardly rush hour in here ;)

Managed to watch all of about 2 hours of the race over the weekend, pretty slack going, but I too may be going next year with the old man ;)

19. cosicave

I agree with your thoughts here,
    Pampa. It is truly warming to see your interest &#8211; especially as you seem to have bitten the bug. If you have not yet been to Le Mans for the BIG ONE, I promise you it will be an event you will remember fondly for the rest of your days. It is something every follower of motor sport should do at least once in a lifetime. (I should add that so is Nürb, if for no other reason than to experience the most challenging circuit the world will ever see!).

At the moment, I am also hoping to be there again next year.

P.S. I wasn't trying to drum up support for my ignored thread, so much as pointing out that 'Other Motorsports' has a somewhat anonymous 'swept away in the corner and probably not very interesting' feel about it; whereas, in reality, Sports Cars utilise technologies more relevant to road cars than F1, as well as being somewhat more accessible. There seems to be a feeling amongst many here in not606, that motorsport is exclusively F1.

*Note to Moderation team: I wonder if it might help to use the heading: 'Sports Cars', and for it to be more actively promoted with links from the F1 section?