1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lawro's Weekly Bollocks 2013/14

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Bidley, Aug 15, 2013.

1. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Not sure about this as an omen. .... Lawro's prediction: 2-1

"This is a huge game for Fulham, who are banking on winning this one and their final home match, against Crystal Palace on 11 May, to stay up. The Cottagers were competitive at Tottenham last time out, despite their eventual defeat, and they are nothing like as bad a team as they were three or four months ago. Hull were rolled over very easily by Arsenal last week and they have their FA Cup final against the Gunners on the horizon, too.

With 36 points, the Tigers are not mathematically safe from relegation yet, and a defeat here might set the alarm bells off. To be honest, I think Hull will stay up with what they have got because I cannot see three of the bottom four teams reaching 36 points, but one win in their last four games would obviously cement their survival. As soon as they do that, then they really will have their minds on Wembley. "

#KeepTheFaith #COYW

2. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Hull will want a result of sorts, be it a win or draw. This is a tricky game for us. I wish we were on 40 points already. Having said that it does feel good having something to play for (premiership survival). I say this as id really like to see what FM does in the close season regarding players. Could be another Wolfsburg? Lol.

3. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Lawro implies that Hull don't have much to play for, since they're virtually safe and have that FA cup game against Arsenal, but I'm not convinced he's correct. No team wants to go into a big game against a team like Arsenal with a loss lurking in their minds. I think Hull will come to play, and they're not a bad team.

Best case scenario: we get on them early and score one or two before the half. Then, perhaps, Hull will take their foot off the gas in the second half, saving their legs for next week.
    Worst case: we give up a stupid early goal then have to attack all day while they sit back.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

We need a win, that's the top and bottom of it. Whether Hull are jaded and with their minds elsewhere, or whether they turn up raring to go it makes little difference: we have to go out and beat them. I think we will, but then I'm an incurable optimist. If we don't win, the realist in me will say that we're down. I usually get irritated when people describe games as 'must-win' (admittedly, I get irritated when they say that before Christmas, rather than the end of the season) but this one really is.

5. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

My hope is back:

"Fulham's problems were there for us all to see against Hull last week. The Cottagers seemed to be coasting to victory but their defensive frailties came back to haunt them.
    It has been the same story all season - when the ball goes in their area, it seems they are almost waiting for the opposition to score.
    A Stoke win could send Fulham down, depending on other results.
    Potters boss Mark Hughes is already unpopular with some Cottagers fans after the way he left the club in 2011 and I don't see that changing much after the weekend.
    Lawro's prediction: 2-1"

6. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

As normal the 'Bollock' simply trots out "noise", with no reference to matters that might affect the result. Like the absence of Shawcross and (potentially) Sidwell.

7. Cottagecravens

so glad we wont have to put up with his bollocks next season.

8. GeraScores

LWB's last rubbish for the season. And predicts we'll make the pay-offs, at least, next year. Almost sounds as if he's sorry we're going....

Fulham manager Felix Magath is staying on after their relegation which is a big plus, because it means the club can start planning for next season now. There are a few things already sorted out, though. By the sounds of things, many of their players had relegation clauses in their contract so going down should not affect the club badly financially.

The Cottagers also have an exciting crop of young players who lost to Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup final this week, and they have started coming through into the first team. They will get more opportunities in the Championship too. So there are reasons for Fulham fans to be optimistic, and I think they will make the play-offs next season at the very least.

Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis is also looking to the future after keeping the Eagles up and he is in a strong position to get the improvements he wants in the club's infrastructure. Pulis has done an absolutely outstanding job since taking over in November and he is a planner, not somebody who is at a club for two years then clears off. The Palace board should let him plan and give him as much backing as they can. Palace will finish 11th whatever happens at Craven Cottage, but there is no danger of them relaxing - we saw against Liverpool on Monday that they do not do that at any stage of a game.

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Fatboy Slim's prediction: Obviously my heart says Fulham here because, as a Brighton fan, I don't like Palace. 2-0

Ah well!
    COYW!!!

9. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Well there's no Cottage Chickens to compare him with this year but, arguably, the 'Bollock' did okay..

please log in to view this image

Of our 38 League games he predicted the correct result in 20 of them, getting the actual score spot on 5 times. The final irony (or is it irritation) is that if our on-the-field performances had match his off-field ones, we would have been well clear on 43 points!

10. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Oddly, i think the thing that I will miss most about the premiership is this thread. What are we going to do now?

11. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

"Fulham have continued to be poor away from home. Ipswich dominated possession and scored two goals enough to see Fulham off. Fulham had no threat going forward and defensively were not good either Against Millwall Fulham will need to be strong but I think Millwall to edge and get all three points using their skill and experience. The Cottagers will struggle this season and can see them relegated to the third tier. Magath has no experience from the Championship and that will cost them. They will need Mitroglou to score some goals. Lawro's prediction: Fulham - Millwall 1 - 3."

There you are, you have Lawro's prediction!

12. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Fixed for you. :wink:

13. GeraScores

Neither I nor Lawro could have written that better.

BTW, Lawro tips Chelski for the Prem this season.

Anyway... COYW!

14. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Fulhaman; you are hired!!

Excellent, but lets hope you are often wrong.

15. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Thought this was a genuine Lawro prediction for a minute - no joke.

16. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

WE could do a different competition this season

Guess Magath's team
    You get 2 points for a correct player who starts the game, 3 points for a correct first scorer, 2 points for correct scorer, 2 points for a correct player subbed, 1 point for the correct sub coming on, and 4 points for the correct score.

wonder how Lawro would do ?

17. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

Considering Berbatov doesn't play for us any more, I'm guessing he'd get a big fat 0 every week.