1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Latest Arsenal rumours

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Apr 12, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Crumbling Arsenal plan massive £200m summer transfer spree and will trust under-fire Arsene Wenger to spend it
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crumbling-arsenal-plan-massive-200m-10203316

Arsenal are ready to spend £200million in the next window to fix their squad — and Arsene Wenger will be the man splashing the cash....

It's the old war chest story that gets wheeled out every now and then when the regime goes through a bad patch. It could be the current Arsenal regime sending disinformation to the papers or the papers making sh1t up, who knows? But I wouldn't give Wenger a fking penny on transfers, it would be a huge waste of money as he doesn't know what to do with it. I'd rather endure another ****ty season with no new players so that the new guy coming in gets all the cash to make the necessary purchases.

Arsenal are looking to appoint a director of football for the first time, with ex-Gunners winger Marc Overmars the prime candidate. The Dutchman, 44, is currently director of football at Ajax.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4402938/Arsenal-aiming-appoint-Marc-Overmars.html

Arsenal are pressing ahead with plans to appoint their first-ever director of football, with former player Marc Overmars among the early contenders for the role.

In a move that is unlikely to be well received by under-fire boss Arsene Wenger, the club are continuing with their search for a new football figurehead.

Arsenal chiefs want a candidate to not only be in charge of club transfers, but also oversee the entire footballing ethos...

A step in the right direction, but too little too late as Wenger has to go.

‘Sack Arsene Wenger and get Massimiliano Allegri!’ - Juventus coach would be a perfect fit for Arsenal, claims former Gunner Stewart Robson
    http://talksport.com/football/sack-...ld-be-perfect-fit-arsenal#koPUM48MxTe5EfDB.99

No brainer. The guy is the real deal and is light years ahead of Wenger now. He would make a huge impact for us. Give him the so called "£200m war chest" and we'll see the difference. Unfortunately it looks like the incompetent Board and owner is giving Wenger another 2 years.

Liverpool are keen to sign Arsenal's 23-year-old midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, whose contract expires next season, and are not put off by the Gunners' £35m valuation.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-news-arsenals-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-still/

Liverpool are refusing to be scared off by Arsenal’s £35million valuation of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as Jurgen Klopp steps up his pursuit of the unsettled England midfielder.

Arsenal have yet to hold any formal talks with Oxlade-Chamberlain over a new contract, even though the 23-year-old is about to enter the final 12 months of his existing deal, and Liverpool are eager to exploit the situation...

Firstly there are no quotes from Klopp saying he wants OXO, secondly £35m for this guy? Is Wenger giving money to papers to post stuff? Bullshit story.

Well that's the round up...

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I trust Wenger to spend 200m.
    And as a Spurs supporter I trust him to spend all of it on exactly the same
    type of players he has been buying for the past 5 seasons.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Don't they come out and say this war chest bollocks every time the season ticket renewal period is about to start?

You know Wenger will buy a mediocre midfielder for £35m, a left back from Bulgaria no one has heard of for £12m and then some African 19 year old striker who will never get a game for £18m.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Allegri and £200m in the summer would be a dream come true.

Sign Da Ting and lazarus20000 like this.
  5. lazarus20000

I bet you do. You've finally got a manager that will take you forward and it's showing. Arsenal on the other hand is in free fall, being steered by captain blind.

Sign Da Ting and Quilllogic like this.
  6. lazarus20000

Yeah the old bullshit war chest story won't fool the fans anymore, i can smell their desperation now but nothing is saving Wenger, he's a dead man walking. I also don't want Wenger anywhere near any transfer money. That should be the job of the NEW MANAGER!

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  7. lazarus20000

It would make complete sense. The man is the real deal as shown by his CL and domestic records. He would be the answer to our woes but the owner, CEO and Wenger is a MASSIVE ISSUE for our club.

Only way we can stop the decline is to make significant changes in the management structure and reducing responsibilities on the manager. DO NOT give Wenger another year, even if it means giving Bould the job temporarily until Allegri or someone else is available.

Wenger's influence needs to be eliminated in order for Arsenal to move forward. Also getting rid of the CEO and Kroneke would be essential for club growth.

Arsene isn't Arsenal, he is Wenger.

Quilllogic likes this.
  8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

£200m is **** all in this day and age
    Its only:
    4 Stones'
    2 Pogba's
    Or
    6 and a bit Sissoko's
    <yikes>

9. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

To my mind, the time for phased withdrawal and easing him aside has long since gone. His influence is all pervasive and his influence is no longer beneficial in the short or long term. He won't go upstairs and maybe that's a good thing as I can I only see him getting in the new man's way. Chelsea had Benitez and other temps to good effect.

If it was my club, I'd far rather have someone come in for just next season rather than allow it to fester because that's what it is at this point. I don't see that anything Wenger has to offer benefits Arsenal any longer.

That said, I still see him staying for one year minimum and probably two.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

As a rival fan, I agree to be honest.
    The fan fighting alone, which is caused by his continued presence as Arsenal manager, is enough of a disruption, plus the whole debacle of the media portraying Arsenal as a joke, things like Arsenal fan tv, not to mention that Wenger and his players are failing to do the business on the pitch.
    Even with £200m, can you see Wenger signing the personnel he needs, WITHOUT CL football, to get Arsenal back up to where they want to be?
    What is there is entice players to come?
    All a foreign player would see is pundits slagging Wenger off, Arsenal outside the top 4 and footage of fans fighting in the stands, banners and planes flying about everywhere, and no CL football, what world class player is gonna see that and think "Yeah, that looks like the place to be!"
    The players' Agents will be warning them ALL off of a move to Arsenal.

11. lazarus20000

This is exactly why Arsenal needs to have a clean break and start over, but the management are too scared or in awe of him to make that change. That's why he's been able to dictate terms with his silly "I'm not ready to announce my future" bollocks. No other big European team would allow their manager to do that, even Fergie, who is the greatest PL manager in history, would struggle to get away with that. It gives you an idea on how much power he has at the club.

Quilllogic likes this.
  12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Do not give any transfer money to this festering turd of a manager. New personnel will make no difference, that's proven over the last decade.

We don't necessarily 'need' a new CB and a new CM. Great managers and teams can make most personnel work.

Juve tactically destroyed Barca last night with five very attacking players, three of which are out and out strikers. The only barely defensively minded player they had in midfield was Khedira.

Can you imagine Wenger playing Barca with Xhaka and five other attackers? Absolute annihilation.

A quality manager could get any number of our squad performing well. If our team was harmonious, playing for each other and playing with actual tactics a lot of them could be great for all we know and in only in need of one or two reinforcements. I feel very sorry for Xhaka... Playing under the pressure of being a big money signing and trying to make an impression in a toxic team for a useless manager with others around him who clearly don't want to play for Wenger. Unless you're a truly world class player, you're never going to shine in those circumstances. Even Sanchez has struggled to shine at times. Xhaka maybe our worst signing ever but who knows. He's not had a fair crack of the whip so far. Maybe not Ramsay or Oxlade though, they really are dogs**t.

We just can't know until we remove the infesting parasitic disease from our club.

'he should stay on one more year until we find a suitable replacement'. Sorry but that's bollocks. AW is utterly inept and Bould should be in charge for a year until Allegri can be sweet talked.

lazarus20000 and Sign Da Ting like this.
  13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

For 45 mins or 90 ? <laugh>

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Don't get an answer you like so now trying to wind me up?

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Chill ... Just a bit of gentle ribbing mate :)
    You aren't really known for being somebody who shows their support when times are tough.

18. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

claudio ranieri for a season????

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge