1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Last Day Of The Season Feeling

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Roo, May 19, 2013.

1. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to find out how everyone's feeling about today, what you're mood is like and what you're all doing/where you're watching the game today?

It's a very similar day to the famous one a few years back which involved a lasagne. - I bet no one's forgotten that one, eh?!
    Our football next season rides on 2 results today which could shape next season in 2 completely different ways. We might feel elation, or we might be feeling heartache. AGAIN.

Obviously it's the last game of the season which always has a bit of drama and a few surprises. It could be interesting to dig this thread out again next may and reminisce this day, whether good or bad. - Especially as we could be in a similar position again! <laugh>

I've been pretty hungover for most of the morning, but as it's been wearing off, that horrible feeling of worry is starting to creep in.
    I'm making the trek over to a mates house to watch the game. They are in the process of setting up the living room with multiple tv's, surround sound, the lot. - Like something from a Carlsberg advert! <laugh> (Ironically, I'll probably be drinking a better beer.)
    Multiple TV's, eh? Yes, I'm surrounding myself with 2 Arsenal fans and 2 other Yiddo's, and we're having both games on.
    I have a feeling the mood might turn sour once the games are over, for the team who doesnt make the CL that is.

I'm prepared for 5th and have been for a few weeks. It's out of our hands and all we can do is hope.
    But I know come 6pm, I'm going to be distraught if we've come so close again! However, I've learnt to deal with it, so it won't be as tough this time.

As this is our last game, just also wanted to say what a pleasure it's been speaking to you guys and the banter we've had again this season. There's been high's and low's, insults, arguments, wumming, great debates... but most importantly... passion! We have such amazing fans. Also a massive thanks to THFC6061 for the match threads, which i think it's fair to say are the best on all of not606. - We're very lucky to get those each week.

So, this is it guys... an hour and a half till kick off. what's everyone up to and how are you feeling?

Enjoy your afternoons!

COYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, & COYN!

<cheers>

2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Nice one Roo, your contribution to this board has been top notch. Always something interesting to say and always at the heart of the debates.

My poster of the year, well done mate. <applause>

3. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I won't feel heartache if things go tits up, just anger with Levy for not being ready for the start of the season. In fact even if the results go our way, once I sober up, I will still be miffed with Levy. On more striker and we wouldn't be sitting with inferior goal difference and would probably have 10-12 points more anyway.

Anyway, back to the footie, Good feeling about the Barcodes, the goons generally struggle up there but not so sure about the Mackems. It would be typical Spurs to concede an equaliser in the 94th minute. Let's hope we are well out of sight before then.

4. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

It's felt like the end of the season for about 5 weeks for some of us, but today should be interesting.

I have a feeling the fate of Spurs & Arsenal might be decided in the 94th minute too....

Good luck. You can't say it's ever dull watching Spurs.

5. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Cheers spurf! <ok>

Somehow I didn't think you'd be feeling any different today than normal Luke!

Cheers. Fingers crossed eh?