1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Last 2 games in December

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Burly Hurley, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

For the optimists among us.

Instead of looking at the table at Christmas as a gauge to the end of the season, lets just wait 2 games more and see how things are at the end of December.

At which I'd point out that our 2 last games are both at home.

The four teams around us? Well looking at the 8 games they have between them, Portsmouth, Luton, Charlton and Peterborough's, every game is away.

I know we're only talking about 6 points but the table could look so much promising on the 31st!

smithy in nl likes this.
  2. safcycharlie

safcycharlie Active Member

Think you are right Burley. We also have the two games in hand. We need to reduce the sending offs though. Cannot keep expecting to pick up points with 10 men on the pitch for half a match or more

3. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Yeh, I forgot to add the 2 games in hand bit as well.

You're spot on about the sendings off as well Charlie. We must be top of the red card league in L1. Ross must be pulling his hair out.

Personally I'd rather concede a goal and keep 11 on the pitch than save the goal and go a man down. We've got goals in us to counter that problem (depends on how much time is left obviously).

clockstander likes this.
  4. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

It was a deffo red card tho - Loovens should’ve just left him. Very BAD decision by him!!

Got to win these 2 games, not assume we just have to turn up!!

HAWAYYYYYY!!!!!

Bart

5. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

So very true Bart - we will get nothing free in this league. Every single point has to be fought for.
    Jack will drum it in over the next few days.
    KTF

6. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

49 points for us hopefully at the half way mark would usually be brilliant but we are unlucky that this is going to be like last season where you need 91-92 points to go up. 51 points for Portsmouth is amazing so 9 3 1 w d l at home and 5 4 3 w d l away would give us 92 points. Portsmouth should be champions with nowt to play for when they come here, like Wolves last season.