1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Last 10 games

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Southcoastoldgaffer, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Was Evans clueless, did he get bored/disillusioned when his new toy didn’t turn out the way he wanted or was there some darker reason behind it all? I suspect we’ll never know.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Bigalreigned

Gaffer,I’ve mentioned before I have an 18-year old nephew who’s followed them home and away for years,I’ve nothing but admiration for such true fans.Hopefully they’ll now see some payback.

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

One thing that does bother me and I ought to write a letter. Season ticket holders are always first in the queue and the club has no interest in my spending far more cash on tickets and petrol to follow Town away. If Town are selling out away allocations regularly at this level there will be no prospect of being rewarded for turning up to watch hopeless football for over ten years with tickets at Old Trafford, Anfield or St James’ Park even - should we get there. Somebody with money to burn can just buy a season ticket when the glory days return. They need some kind of away day scheme for the ex pats who turn up to cheer the side on at every game west and north of Cambridge.

4. Bigalreigned

Yorkie you can probably remember the “voucher” system the Club had to introduce in the late 70s to overcome that particular problem.With modern ticketing/receipts it should be easy to implement.I totally agree with you though,I’ve no doubt we’ll start attracting glory hunters and I don’t see why they should be able to buy their way in ahead of genuine and long-suffering real fans!

5. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Noooo, not buying that, i can't believe you had friends!!

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

You’re right, let’s call them acquaintances.

Spanish and Redruth like this.