1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lapslie

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Mar 18, 2023.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I have been waiting (a little ), before making comment.

I have to say that I have been a little disappointed by Lapslie .... in view of the 'hype' with which he came to Gills.
    Despite the upturn (mainly ), in the fortunes of The Gills - we're still struggling to make lots of chances.
    I thought that Lapslie came with the expectation of being creative for the forwards..... Over the last half dozen or so games, I have to be critical of the end product made by Lapslie... I haven't too many problems with any defensive quality he brings --- but -- even in the dreadful first half of the season. the defence wasn't the main problem ( for a team rock-bottom. ) - we just couldn't score - and created even less !

Gills have scored in only one of their last five games.... and even against Tranmere, there weren't too many clear-cut chances - and it is the lack of creativity that needs to be sorted if we're to have a strong season next year ( otherwise we'll be short of the top places. )

I hope that Lapslie can improve - but - I think it's not unreasonable to have expected a little more in the time he's been with Gills....I have commented, to those with who I share seats in the stadium, that Lapslie has had a quiet game (( 4 or 5 consecutive matches. )) In today's game. Lapslie, again was quiet ! - was it a coincidence that Gills had more energy and positivity - and several half-chances after Lapslie was subbed ?

I respect what Galinson and Harris has achieved in the last two /three months... I am sure that the 'work' is still 'in progress.' -- and I expect my observations have been made by the management.... I'm not saying that Lapslie needs to go - but - I'm highlighting the lack of creativity - because I want Gills to be 'top 3' and not mid table.

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Yes been disappointed with Lapslie.
    Some people think he is better as a number 10 role.
    Personally be surprised if he starts tonight.
    Midfield could be McDonald, Dieng Coleman and Jefferies tonight

alwaysright likes this.
  4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Nearly right. Williams stays in instead of young Coleman