1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lack of strikers..

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Need my pound to be strong, I send stuff to sell back home, 27mxp or 23mxp to a quid makes a lot of a difference.

2. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

That’s very true, Brian. They seem happy enough from the terraces, the ones we see. If we can get Okaka fit (is this possible?!) for 90mins that will help. I thought Gray was the best I’d seen him on Saturday. Not earth-shattering, but alright. He was thinking of the team before himself for the first time, I thought. Troy seemed happier with him, as did the rest of the team.
    There was a thing on Match of the Day that had us second bottom in the Prem of net spenders. But with this squad, remembering how many to come back from injury too, I think we are in pretty bloody reasonable shape. Each year is an improvement. And, of course, that sort of net spend league table does not reflect perhaps the most important signing - Doucoure. Or Foster, who was bloody excellent, dictating the pace of the game. Slowing it down when necessary, sharp as hell accurately shipping the ball out when a break was possible. His older head was superb. We have superb GKs, then again we always did (see my avatar for one!)

3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Yeah, did we ever thank you for Layun, Mex? :emoticon-0110-tongu

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  4. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

If Saturday is anything to go by we don't need any more strikers - just forwards who the other team think are strikers so they can mark them and leave space for our real scorers - i.e. everyone else. I think we had more scorers last season than almost any other team. Manure's predictability (another poor season for them I predict) is evidenced by the fact that Shaw scored his first professional goal on Friday night.

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

If we look at the start of last season Gray was playing and making space for the others to scorers and with Tom ,Nathan and Doucoure bossing the center,Top 6 was more than a possible and even after Nathan got injured Will come in and did great .After 15 min of Our away game at Southampton it was not if but how many we was going to score ,they was lucky to get away with 0-2 it should have been 4 or 5