1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Lacazette

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

We shall see. On what I've read I expect not to be honest. This all sounds similar to Grenier in January.

I'd take him though.

2. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

IF it happens..I might have to reconsider my..we are basically just replacing 'like for like' with minimal real strengthening to ..."hmmm maybe". Get a ball playing Mid and solid utility CB (minimum) and I might be convinced we are trying to..do things right.

3. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Local media is essentially setting expectations now at "no more in". I'd imagine HBA is deemed surplus and won't be replaced. There will be no more midfielders for sure. We may have a CB if one leaves, but our CB's are all so ropey they aren't interesting to other teams.

4. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

yep..not surprised.. All the talk of Lacazatte /Ayhew etc ..turned my expectation dial up form zero to one.

We are slightly stronger than this time last year...as a squad I think..but it isnt the ..Wow what a great summer we are having groove that some people have.. We have been so seriously depleted and underfunded for the last 2 yrs that the current 'splurge' is really only making the squad ..PL safe.

that said..the youngster investment is ...good and a hopeful sign ...we shall see there though

5. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Precisely

I think our first eleven is weaker

6. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Ben Arfa has been pulled out of the reserve squad for tonights game with Blyth Spartans, amongst rumours he is a part of the package being offered to Lyon for Lacazette.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Actually excited now! No teasting Tasty Magpie! I still want Grenier though! Imagin, a triple swoop of Grenier, Lacazette and Umitti!

8. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Imagine all we want its never going ti happen

9. Warmir Pouchov

Quite like two of them. While Umitti is decent, we need an experienced centre half who knows the league. Agger, Shawcross, Richards - something along those lines. Shawcross would cost a bomb and is probably unattainable but easily the best fit for me.

10. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

Agger looks as if he may go to Arsenal.

11. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Graeme Bailey has been spot on with most of our transfers this summer - probably something to do with NUFC favouring Sky as a media partner. I hope he's on the money again as he seems sure that NUFC are serious about signing Lacazette or Remy:

colin oliver ‏@100Magpie 12h

how come we have been in talks for like 2 weeks with Remy and Lacazette yet there has not even been a bid placed? @GraemeBailey

newcastle gossip ‏@Geordie_news 12h

@100Magpie @GraemeBailey because none of it is true.

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 12h

@Geordie_news @100Magpie Because the football world isnt like a computer game, sometimes lots of talking needed...

colin oliver ‏@100Magpie 12h

@GraemeBailey so are you confident a deal is there to be done for a striker?

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey

@100Magpie Yes, very much so - from what I am told.

12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Why do people keep banging on about Richards? When he did play it was at RB and not CB - when was the last time anyone saw him play a game?

To me he is just another expensive Saylor!

13. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Even if we sign lacazette it's going to be a struggle because other than Cabella and De jong nobody can make a pot noodle in our midfield let alone create a chance and given De jong is a crock he'll be missing most the season. All its going to take is Cabella injured and we're not scoring and leaking goals as usual within minutes of each other.

14. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I admire your positivity mate!

15. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

The thing is I'm probably right on this

We have no playmaker at all, our defense is ****e before any injuries in it and we don't have any top strikers at all.

Scared to say how **** our second choice keeper is .

16. Warmir Pouchov

He'd be bottom of the list but I still fancy he'd be far better than either of the chuckle brothers (Saylor and Mbiwa). He can certainly play centre back, the problem is how much his game has suffered by gathering splinters in his arse.

As I say Shawcross is easily the best fit but unrealistic. Its more likely we are happy with where we're at. Or we'll invest in some unknown 21-25 yr old and hope for a profit. As we've seen with Mbiwa though, it is a bit less simple at centre half. Bassong worked out for us but I think its more of a lottery at centre back.

17. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Considering our financial situation, do you seriously consider a player who has fleetingly played at CB, someone who will cost several million pound and on a near top end salary worth the risk? I do not rate Saylor/Willo at all but to me they are both on the same level as Richards at CB.

18. Warmir Pouchov

I think Richards could be a lot better at centre back than Saylor/Mbiwa. Willo is better than many think to be honest. Gets a very unfair ride. As a 3rd or 4th choice centre back he is ideal. The problem is that Saylor and Mbiwa are clowns so he ends up as our 1st choice. The options for centre backs are limited, I don't think France is great place to look personally for centre halfs to play in England. I think we'd be far better off looking to the eastern block who cope better physically.

19. goldie

goldie Well-Known Member

Back to the drawing board he has decided to stay at Lyon.

I'd say we won't sign anyone else

pardews been dropping these hints all last week and how fantastic his squad now is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.