1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kpekawa - interesting article.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Eamon Holmes, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

2. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

It would certainly explain his dramatic fall from grace. I do wonder though how David Mac gets to know things that presumably happen behind closed doors.

3. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Good article, and goes to show that people (like me) shouldn't jump to conclusions!

4. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

People will really have to have more faith in JFH & co.. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes (until Dave M informs us of course).

NorwayRanger and Tramore Ranger like this.
  5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Because it's a story that the club wants to get out, but not in a press release. So they choose a reliable and decent journo like MacIntyre to get it out there. He wins through getting the story, they win through the fans 'understanding' why a home grown player with potential was allowed to leave. A different source, like Cole, may have presented this very differently.

NorwayRanger and Hoops Eternal like this.
  6. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I'm sure you have it in the proverbial nutshell. It will be interesting to see if Kpekawa responds to the article, but I suppose there is little mileage in him doing so especially as he has quite literally moved on.

7. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

like everyone has suggested, it explains a lot. I would be happier left thinking he has been shipped out because he is unreliable than we have just let a home produced player go before he's been given a real chance.
    A kid his age should walk on broken glass to the training ground and be there an hour early. perhaps I am in cloud cuckoo land.

I play 5-side still now and am always early and it costs me money to play! Different generation/mindset/attitude. call it what you will.

8. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

I've never figured out how to pronounce his name, is it like "coal" or "collie"?

TootingExcess and Wherever like this.
  9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I buy into the story....as it makes sense..we do not need the 0.5 million and we are light in defence.. but JFH does need to show a solid decision.

I buy the story...and it is obvious why the story is released for both external and internal consummation

10. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Plus if a side is prepared to pay £450k for a 4th choice full back you snatch their hands off.........

11. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Good article. Sounds like he was a promising lad with an attitude problem. Think we have had a few of those.

Good luck to him. The 450k will probably finance our development squads for the next couple of years.

12. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Agreed. When you consider Taarabt was allowed to leave for free because of his attitude problem,450K makes a lot of sense

finglasqpr likes this.
  13. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I think this is correct and very sad. I would like to give Mr Kpekawa a right good talking to.
    Well done to JFH, this sort of thing bodes well for the future. Imagine if he was in charge when Boswanker was here?

14. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Would be interesting to hear if Kpekawa saw it that way!

sb_73 likes this.
  15. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

You can't really argue with JFH and his decision on this one and that has to be good for the club. Cole will doubtless be determined to prove him wrong and we may see him successful in the future, if he is he should thank JFH for the wake-up call, somehow, I doubt it...

16. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

We probably benefit in getting the message out (and in fact by the exit itself) by letting the other kids know what is expected of them.

TBH I don't really care what CK would say - it might be humble, angry, sad or egotistical. It might refute everything but the reality is pretty clear that he was at least on the fringe of the first team and potentially worth more to us by playing and a later sale so there must have been a reason to ship him out and I am struggling to find alternatives that would make sense.

NorwayRanger, KPDHoopster and KentGaz like this.
  17. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

I like this story. It doesn't matter to us if CK changes his behaviour now. The club didn't believe he was going to pay attention to what he was being told whilst still with us, so everyone is better off with him gone. I wish him well and hope he takes what happened on board and makes the best of himself - even if it can't be here.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  18. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

19. Hoopington

Hoopington Active Member

Good news about a sell on clause too.

20. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

This kind of story infuriates me.

My 17 year old is a good player, playing in the youth team of a decent Southern League side. He'd give anything to be in this idiot's position.
    What a twat Cole is!!