1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Koeman sacked

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by cronemeister, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

If Koeman wasn't getting something like a £6m pay off I'd feel a bit sorry for him. Think he wasted £45m on Sigurdsson mind. And the guy from Holland hasn't looked that good as of yet.

But haven't Everton played all the top sides in their first nine games? (Obviously apart from us though <laugh> )

Marra SAFC 77 likes this.
  2. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

I think Koeman is a good manager, but the purchases at Everton were awful this summer. I think that Sandro they signed may be invisible.

It was always going to be tough replacing the man they built their squad around, as they had to change their entire philosophy.

I think they'll finish above us, but in the bottom half.

3. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Yeah they don't like him a lot were glad to see the back of him

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

By all accounts Koeman seems a bit of an arrogant twat.

5. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I have to say whereas I think Koeman is decent, he has done very poorly with what he has at his disposal this year. I know the signings weren't worldies but Klassen, Keane, Pickford, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Vlasic, Martina are not terrible signings by any stretch. The bottom line is he has failed to get the best out of that bunch of players, and get them to gel. The problem is when you add 8 players, and promote probably 4 or 5 permanently from your excellent youth system, then its a big task. Perhaps they should have bought 3-5 and built gradually. Were the signings of Martina, Vlasic, Rooney and Sandro really necessary? Sigurdsson, Klassen, Keane, Pickford. Good signings right down the spine. Plus a quality striker, job done.

You have to remember they have Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Calvert Lewin, Lookman having already played some part and developing quickly. Strategy was all wrong for me. Take the money from Vlasic, add the wages from Rooney, Sandro and Martina plus any signing on fees, add some more, buy a genuine replacement for Lukaku. I don't know if it was Koemans idea or the boards to go down the route they have, but whoever it was is to blame and has to carry the can. You can have too many players.

Seabass likes this.