1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kirchoff - 6 Weeks Out

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Nads, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Life sucks.

2. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

May go against the grain here but he's been ****e. Could be a blessing. Rodwell has looked way better keeping the ball. I want him playing with Ndong until hopefully M'Villa comes in. Sick of us giving possession away and Hoff has been one of the main offenders this season.

Wayward passing, 2nd best in every challenge, weak with headers, lack of work rate. At the moment every other option offers more imo.

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

He has been poor but that will partially have been due to missing a big chunk.

Playing through it would be the best solution I'd have thought, not another spell out

5. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't tell us who's injured, just tell us who's left! :(

Hefty fullback likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

I would have preferred him dropped and remained fit of course.

7. Brian Storm

Pienaar, Catts, N'Dong, Rodwell and McNair should all be available for Stoke. That's 5 for 3 midfield slots all better options than the Hoff at the moment imo

haslam likes this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

9. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

This is a chance to change the formation IMO.

It's a blow, but may actually be a blessing in disguise. If we switch to a 3 centre halves, with two wing backs, you don't necessarily need the shield that Kirchoff provides as much as playing a flat 4.

It'll enable N'Dong to go and collect the ball from the CBs while also being more mobile alongside Rodwell or another centre mid. Play Khazri in front of those two and then probably Watmore and Defoe up top, and if he ever gets fit, Anichebe in order to take the burden off Defoe.

10. Horsham TomSAFC

Horsham TomSAFC Active Member

[QU="Bri OBE, post: 9773851, member: 1023141"]Pienaar, Catts, N'Dong, Rodwell and McNair should all be available for Stoke. That's 5 for 3 midfield slots all better options than the Hoff at the moment imo[/QUOTE]

Play ALL five,with a back four, two in front of the back four (Catts and Rodwell) and the other three behind defoe.
    Have Watmore on the bench as an impact sub,along with Gooch,Onion Bahji and Asoro.
    We must get back to firstly keeping a clean sheet,then we need others to chip in with the odd goal or two

11. Brian Storm

Not enough width for me like. Wouldn't drop Watmore either. He's one of our most productive players in the last couple of games. He started the season badly but can't knock him recently.

12. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

If we play 3 at the back in the next game I'd play N'Dong and Rodwell in midfield, with Khazri in the No. 10 role and Watmore up front with Defoe (or pehaps both Watmore and Khazri tucked in behind Defoe).
    If we continue with a back four, I'd play Cattermole as the deep lying midfielder, with N'Dong and Rodwell ahead of him.
    In both scenarios, McNair and Pienaar should be options from the bench to add energy and a calm head respectively, depending on how the game pans out.

RTB and Jack TheLad like this.