1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

KingslandSFC Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFC, Apr 7, 2011.

1. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Hi Members

Firstly ..THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO YOUR BOARD SINCE JAN 2011!

As you see its great to see your thoughts and views and banter being exchanged.

Just would like to remind members....can we stick to 1 Thread per topic of discussion.

E.G: If someone has produced a thread on a new signing ...please dont produce a thread and repeat it! Just share your views on the orignal thread. As this way it keeps a good flow of conversation going and makes easier work for me and Beddy to monitor should anything happen.

PRE-MATCH THREAD: Should anyone wish to produced these....

Saturday Matches: Thread can be produced no earlier than a Wednesday Afternoon

Tuesday Matches: Thread can be produced no earlier than Sunday.

I would like to know your thoughts of how the board at present , do you like?

What you would like to see see more of?

Thanks guys & girls (Keep telling your mates about not606)

KingslandSFC :emoticon-0150-hands

2. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Isn't there any chance of merging threads? With the thread created on the same topic, but at the later date, merged into the other??

3. Matt-SFC

Matt-SFC Member

The board is excellent so far. Thanks for all the good work

4. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Only thing I would like to be able to do is have a different avatar for different sites. I like showing a saints orientated one on here but know that some on other boards scowl when they see it on their patch. Some are a bit sad I know but it is a thought.

5. SFC4BAG

Other than that I am very happy with the way this is going.

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Wish I could even have an Avatar. I'm such a techno-idiot I can't do it. Please don't attempt to explain and help...you will only embarass yourself.

7. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Yes I think there is. I have been doing some experiments and asking questions and I think I now Know how to do it. It would of course be better for you guys to copy and paste things rather than us having to do it as mods if you see my meaning. Makes people think we are interfering which of course is not true. Unfortunately if we do things people will see that mods have done it and assume that we are being heavy handed when we are only doing things at the request of the subscriber!!!!!!!

8. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Morning All

All’s well as far as I'm concerned guys, agree about possibly merging threads if more than goes up, as the above have said.

I never penned anything on the old 606 because of the silly childishness that went on, yes you had some good debates but an awful lot of silliness, whereas on not606 it’s sooo good to see sensible articles, discussion/debate, mixed with friendly banter and tongue in cheek remarks, both from all Saints not606ers and from our welcome visitors, long may it reign!!

I know some jump up and down and say “why’s this or that person on here, why can’t they stay on their boards”.
    The answer is simple, some come over because they like the friendly banter and inter rivalry wind ups, some are on here because there are hardly any posters on their sites (take a look around the other boards), so they realise what a good site we’ve got and they want to be part of it (Hoadie Ho, Heidi Hi comes to mind, morning MATE). Another reason Saints not606 posters should be proud of themselves.
    If you feel so strongly about any poster, just remember, you have the ignore button (cue everyone hitting ‘ignore Tuckshop’).

I have noticed that on a couple of occasions some posters take offence to what some say or respond with.
    Before throwing any toys out of the prams, just be thankful for the vehicle that we’ve got and what we can say and do, for the reality check just stop and look at what is going on around the world at the moment with the uprisings, floods, earthquakes etc. at the end of the day WE are sooooo lucky, don’t knock it.

As for the MODS, a BIG BIG thanks for all the hard work you guys do quietly behind the scenes (voluntary I hasten to add) , I&#8217;m sure its going to get busier for you as 606 closes and more crossover!!<ok><ok><ok>

Ah well, time for the little &#8216;Old Tart&#8217; to get off his box (can&#8217;t stand heights, get dizzy)<laugh>

9. fran-MLs little camera

Also remember that sometimes things sound worse in print than if the person said the same thing in a pub with a smile on their face.

10. SFC4BAG

That is oh so true. Have been caught out a couple of times on our biggest rival. Mind you on there if I said we were the best, worst, cleanest, dirtiest or whatever on there, somebody would want to argue about it.

Not seen a lot of anger or silliness on here and for me the more visitors the merrier.

11. sotondawg

sotondawg Member

Seems ok so far but. I hope yesterday spat with Doing The Lambert Walk on his 606 thread isn't a show of what's to come! Not only did it not concern anyone else and bugger up a good thread on 606, it came across as arrogance on your part. You should take a leaf out of Saints book and if it can't be sorted in private take the high ground and say nothing

12. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

With respect to the moderators, like a good referee, I haven't noticed you guys.

13. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

Wisdom comes with maturity and vice versa.<ok>

14. Beddy

That's a fair comment Saintdog.......the trouble is you cannot always make public the whole story....that as they say comes with the job. I think your judgement harsh under the circumstances but take on board your criticism. It would be nice to take the high ground as you say, unfortunately sometimes the task we have been asked to do will not allow us that luxery. Please remember it takes two to tango. Please also remember we are also individuals we too post our opinions the same as you, these have nothing to do with the job we do. Like all human beings we should be allowed to disagree or agree without the accusation "you said that because you are a mod" the two are seperate. I agree it was an unfortunate incident last evening but as I remind people, humans are humans and you are bound to get disagreements, over reactions, misunderstandings and plain old differences of opinion. I am glad to say the incident is over as far as I'm concerned and I trust it will not happen again. As I say in the main it is not easy to judge either party when you have only part of the facts, and can easily come to the wrong conclusion.

15. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Thanks.. Someone said me be seen but never heard! <whistle>

16. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

Ownlee wun reel critisisum. Can sum peeple yoose a splel chek

17. Beddy

In truth he can even edit his post to make it correct...........even now but will he bother.....will he heck.......<laugh>

18. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

i don't really understand how the moderators came to be moderators
    do you work for the site?
    are you just senior members of the board?
    my small brain does not understand this predicament.

19. fran-MLs little camera

Moderators are like milk monitors in school..teachers pets ;-)

20. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Quite simples, they volunteered, alot of people agreed,<ok> no one objected & Bobs your uncle Sallys your aunt there they are Not606 Saints forum moderators, for a football club they love!! and a bloody good job they do in the background (like most good volunteers).<applause>

As long as you keep them sweet with cheddars, plain crisps with the little blue salt bag, then you'll be ok, never shout only 'whisper' especially to KSFC.<laugh>

Just remember, not only are they mods, they are like you & me, Saints fans who have their oppinion who post like you & me on the forum.