1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

King Stewie

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Well done to Stuart Campbell and congrats on his first win is in order! Love for him to keep us up :grin:

Do you think we can do it then gasheads?

Our fixtures look tough, but we have Huddersfield at home, who have not done so well on our patch for a while, so we can be quietly optimistic ahead of the game. Bournemouth will most likely beat us twice, but if we can get 3 points out of the 2 games, I will be very happy. Exeter, Yeovil and Notts County are must wins, and Southampton I dont think we will get much change out of them so, I hope we get 3 points against Exeter, Yeovil and Notts County, and possibly 1-3 points against Udders, plus the additional 3 against Bournemouth (I know I know, I must be mad thinking we would get anything from them!!!) and hopefully get something from one or two others, would probably see us safe!

Am I thinking too far fetched or realistic, with my biscuit?

UTG <cheers>

2. bristolcat

bristolcat Member

congrats on the win last night . Hope you`s stay up .Last night could be the start of your season <ok>

3. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0142-happyChris <ok>

Over the moon with Cambs winning his first game as boss. THB I think it`s too tall an order to stay up but if the team adopt SC`s attitude on the pitch we`ll definately put up a good fight. I hope to be proved wrong :emoticon-0142-happy

Best thing about last night, aside from the obvious good win, was the lads looked like they really want to do it for SC and that can`t be a bad thing.

4. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for the bloody awful run in, I'd say the Gas had a good chance of breaking out of the bottom 4.

I have loads of mates who follow Rovers, been living in Bristol for quite a while now

5. Chris-Gashead

Cheers lads <ok>

YOBG, yep it will be a tough road ahead, but it would appear the lads are now well up for it which in a sense pisses me off because regardless of weather they liked Penney or not, they should have put in a bloody shift rather than risk our clubs future in league one!

Still, if they are working hard now, they better hope it aint too much to do lol.

6. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will be another late run...Trolls speciality.

7. Chris-Gashead

Certainly need play off form Gastronomic, but have faith, WE CAN DO IT! <ok>

8. liam_the_top_gashead

Cracking result, well worth the trip from Bristol :)

We've Got 3 Managers, We've Got 3 Managers! :D

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i would be very happy with a point vs the udders. they are a good team and flying high. i just hope our win hasnt just papered over the cracks but instead we continue from the tranmere game.

welcome liam <ok>

10. Poole_Gas

Poole_Gas New Member

Of course we can do it but the real test will be tomorrow. If the team can repeat the desire and performance they showed on Tuesday then I've got no doubt that they will get 3 points against Udders. A mate of mine is a Tranmere fan who went to that and he thinks we'll be leap frogging them shortly if we keep playing like that (granted, he hadn't seen how we played the previous 13 games!)

There are no excuses now as the players are playing how they want to play. If we go down, then fine - we are not good enough to stay in this division and I accept that but something tells me that our season isn't written off just yet.

At least it makes a change having something still to fight for at this stage of the season and I am more optomistic with Stewie in charge than anyone else.

11. Chris-Gashead

Unlucky not to get at least a draw on sat IMO lads. Heads up, you did alright <ok>

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator