1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Psychosomatic, May 5, 2012.

1. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Premier League, Rugby Park.

And so the dulling agony continues.....

Fresh from a charmingly competitive 3-0 defeat at bottom-placed Dunfermline and a home loss against second-bottom Hibs, Aberdeen thunder into town ready to destroy the laughably inept League Cup winners, Kilmarnock. Want some? Come on then.

Churlish Dons fans would do well to remember, however, that "there's [been] improvement since last season", according to manager Craig Brown. Really? How so? Well, "we're a point better off than we were [at this stage last season] and we've still got two games left."

Oh. My. God.

Did he actually just say that? A point better off? Yowser. With such giddying rates of improvement we should just about be challenging for sixth place by 2022.

Aberdeen have no new injury worries, which is a triumph, although they'll "still be without Rory Fallon, Rob Milsom, Clark Robertson, Stephen Hughes, Yoann Folly, Isaac Osbourne and Peter Pawlett," which would be a kick in the teeth, if we had any.

I like Craig Brown, but he's starting to occasionally piss me off a wee bit. I'll take a leap of faith and say that all will be well. Eventually.

Meanwhile, the Kilmarnock manager, Kenny Shiels, has been dropping some words from his mouth: "I think we have been the club of the year, when you look at where we have came from. What you have to do when you are summing up how a team has performed is look at what their inheritance was at the beginning of the season. When you are signing players from Yeovil, Scunthorpe, York, Luton, non-league, and bringing them together and you are seventh in the league with two games to go and you have won a cup - and beaten one of the Old Firm in the final, which is unheard of - the answer to the question is quite obvious."

Excellent, I'm sure, but what was the question and who's been asking it and is this something that really needs an answer? Who can possibly care about such things? It's inconceivable.

Anyway, I quite like Kilmarnock and they're certainly good enough to beat us today.

Prediction: Kilmarnock 1 Aberdeen 4 (a freakish end of season result)

Wish List: Inverness to beat (annihilate) St Mirren. I've nothing much else to hope for. Suicide is painless.....

2. Psychosomatic

Full-time: 1-1

Hmm.

Victory over St Mirren next week would let us claim 8th place as our own. As football seasons go, this has been risible.

Anyway, spare a thought for 17 year old Declan Mcmanus who came on as a substitute and missed a sitter right in front of goal in the last minute, apparently. Bringing in young players = good. Bringing in young players who miss sitters = bad. I hope his mum goads him towards tears and refuses to let him out on the town tonight. (Cruel to be kind.)

In other news, Michael Johnston, the Kilmarnock chairman, has disgraced himself:

please log in to view this image

Commercial benefits outweigh sporting integrity. Say it slowly, over and over again - if you have to - so that you might fully understand what's being said here.

3. Psychosomatic

I've been saying it slowly over and over again all through the night and whilst trying to eat breakfast this morning, for sure. And I'm still morally affronted to the point of speechlessness. Somebody somewhere needs to somehow do something. My final word.