1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Kevin O'Connor

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Jun 30, 2017.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

First Team News
    O'Connor Delighted With 'Massive Opportunity'
    1 Hour ago

please log in to view this image

@pnefc

AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to More
    PNE's latest recruit Kevin O'Connor can't wait to get started on the next chapter of his career after agreeing to join North End later this summer.

O'Connor joins the Lilywhites ahead of the 2017/18 campaign, where he will join up with current Cork City team-mate Sean Maguire, who will also join PNE next month.

On his move to Deepdale, O'Connor told iFollow PNE: "I'm delighted to sign, it's a massive opportunity, I'm just looking forward to getting started now and I couldn't be happier to sign.

"From the first minute the club showed an interest in me they were keen to sign me and they were the ones who pursued it. It's a great club, a big club and there's a big fan base here so I'm just excited to get started.

"I know a few of the boys already obviously with Sean [Maguire] moving over and Alan [Browne], that will help me settle in quicker, but I wasn't really thinking of that, I was just delighted to be joining, but that is always helpful when you know a couple of the boys.

"I played against a couple of the boys last year in Boyle and Horgan so I'm just looking forward to seeing all the lads now and getting sorted.

"I can't wait now, as a kid growing up you would be following it and now to actually get the chance to play in it is just exciting and I can't wait to get started."

The signings of O'Connor and Maguire from the League of Ireland means they will team up with two more products of the league at PNE in Daryl Horgan and Andy Boyle.

On players in that league being giving the opportunity to play in the Championship, the 22-year-old continued: "I think it's massive, I think for the league it's great that people are coming over and looking.

"It just shows how the league has come on over the last few years that two went away last year and two have done that again this year so it's great for the league and hopefully there's more to follow."

The defender is looking forward to the challenge of competing for a place in the team, and describes what the fans can expect from him as a player.

"I'm a full back, but I like to look at myself as an attacking full back. I like to get forward, hopefully chip in with a few goals and a few assists.

"I know it's going to be difficult to get in at first, but I will get my head down, work hard and hopefully get in."

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Apparently, this recruitment was by the club not by Grayson.