1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kevin Doyle

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HullTigerSteve, Aug 11, 2013.

1. HullTigerSteve

HullTigerSteve Active Member

In tomorrow's Mirror - from Wolves, £3m

oh, and Huddleston & Livermore from Spurs , anybody happy with these?

2. Quill

Quill Bastard

Just posted a link in the transfer thread.

3. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I wouldn't pay 1/3 of that for him. There's others that would offer more for maybe the same or a bit more. Vydra was said to be available for about that, Deeney a bit more, maybe 5? I thought Celtic wanted him?

4. Dessie

Dessie Member

There's no way we'd pay that much for Doyle, he's terrible anyway. There's a reason Wolves are in League 1 and it's down to having players like him!

5. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

And we will only pay him £20k a week which is half his present wages. If we can pull it off it would be a great signing.
    He's got two years to go on his contract so I would expect Wolves will have to give him a sweetner.

I don't like the name the Mirror has given us!

6. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I don't think you can judge a striker solely on statistics. You have to take into account the chances the team creates as well.

7. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Udinese were wanting £8m for Vydra!

8. Brucebones

Really!!!! I thought it was 3, no wonder he's still there then. I think he could be worth 5 after a loan spell with view to buy but not 8 at this stage.

9. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

No I wouldn't take Doyle, I don't see how he'd strengthen us, I think graham and sagbo are better. He's hardly got a great scoring record latley. Put the 3m towards huddlestone

10. Dessie

Dessie Member

161 premier league appearances and 37 goals. A 1 in 4 striker is not going to improve us. He's had plenty of time to prove himself at the top level and hasn't done it.

11. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

No thanks no ****ing thanks

12. swftiger

swftiger Well-Known Member

Sports Mole and the Mirror reporting Wolves have agreed a £3M deal for him but he'll have to reduce his £40,000 per week wage.

13. Brucebones

I can't believe he's still on 40k in L1. Crazy, & we were pissed we didn't put relegation clauses on 20 & 30k wages!

14. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

I can't believe he was on 40k in the first place.

15. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Can he play midfield? I dont see the point of another striker that seems to be no better than what we already have.

16. Quill

Quill Bastard

We arent going to buy another striker. I'm sure even Bruce stated that at some point recently.

17. Brucebones

Shame as I saw something saying we were in for Deeney, however the next line was something like, "not sure if Bruce would pay £2 million plus on another striker." £2 million! I don't think anything in that sentence except the word 'plus' is anything other than paper talk. £5 million maybe.

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Huddlestone yes
    Doyle no
    Livermore don't know

19. J.B.Septum

J.B.Septum Member

Doyle .... where to start?

I always suspected there may be another striker - the defence is obviously sorted, we definitely need a holding midfielder and another box-to-box or creative type if we're going with 4-3-3.

There is another loan spot to fill, and apparently money in the kitty for two more permanent deals, so it is probably not unrealistic that we bring in 3 more before the window shuts.

I have a problem with the whole Doyle/Hunt/wolves saga from last time in the prem. Hunty wanted to go to wolves in the January after playing well for us for half a season despite us paying a significant fee for the lad - much because his missus was Doyley's cousin or something like that. Not sure Doyle's done anything to command £3m fee in the past 2 or 3 years either. I'd give him a miss personally at that price.

That said, If we pay 3 mil for him with wolves paying 20k and us paying 20 k of his weekly wages for the next 2 years, then that's effectively a proven premiership and international striker at what is in reality a deal which costs us £1m at 40k per week over 2 years. Is that worth a punt? Perhaps, but I'm unconvinced.

It looks a lot to me like a deal structured to convince Wolves fans they've got a good price for him and City fans like we've spent a significant transfer fee on a player with a bit of pedigree. I wouldn't mind betting this is happening....

20. John. Walkington.

John. Walkington. Active Member

Can't see any of this happening, unless they are presently in France talking to Steve Bruce. <whistle>