1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kelvin (SKD)

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Don Cortese, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

Turned down the chance to do a runner when we dropped down a division and take a pay rise at west sham, but said "im responsible for this, i willl put it right"

fair play, congrats on what you did today!

2. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

He's a legend. I loved him before today but his banter with the Northam was great. Great servant to the club, amazing loyalty. Didn't seem to mind me kissing him today, which is always nice.

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Did a couple of important saves today...can't believe people wanted him dropped for Bart at the beginning of the season. Luckily, Adkins picks the team.

4. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saints legend. The loyalty he showed back then in those dark days was astounding.

5. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

I think he and possibly Adam are the two that deserve it the most. Probably Kelvin more. Really respect him and hope he finishes his unfinished business in the premier league with success

6. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

There's a lot that happens in training that we don't see. Adkins knows more about the players than any of us do. Likewise with Kelv, we shouldn't be so hasty as to say that Bart isn't good enough. We haven't seen enough of him to make that judgement.

7. Tottonsaint

Tottonsaint Well-Known Member

Legend,really deserves the chance to shine in the Premier League,where i am sure he will not look out of place.

8. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

So chuffed for him, top top bloke.

9. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Kelvin really deserves another chance at the Prem, the most out of anybody imo

10. OddRiverOakWizards

OddRiverOakWizards Well-Known Member

He has settled here and reaped the rewards of his loyalty. I think he appreciates it more as at 35 he may not get many more chances to do this, so why not bask in his glory and enjoy himself.

11. RorSFC

RorSFC Member

And Rickie - I can't think of a more deserving person to finally have a crack in the Premier League.

12. TBD

TBD Active Member

A saints legend he stepped up when the chips were down. Players like him and lallana deserve this magnificent players but more importantly they love the club and arnt just interested in money football is about role models and these two are huge ones.

13. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

I've said before, the moment hope hit full on after the ML takeover was when KD within mins said I'll stay here. Thanks.

14. reubenagbola

reubenagbola Member

I always remember that day 3 years ago when I got a text to say kelvin was staying. For me this was start of the adventure and when things started to turn around for saints. Yes I wish he came for crosses more, but Kelvin is a nice guy and represents our club superbly. He deserves a lot of credit. I can see him becoming the gk coach at some point.

15. Schneiderlin's Foxy Face

Schneiderlin's Foxy Face Active Member

Not only did he stay, didn't he give up his wage for a few weeks to help keep the youth players or staff on or something? Top bloke, and top 'keeper.

16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

He's probably the one I'm happiest for, though it's a close-run thing with Rickie. Life wasn't easy for him in his last Prem spell, so it's wonderful that, after showing so much loyalty to Saints, he was one of the biggest factors in getting us back there. He'll make a fantastic coach (and quite possibly a manager) down the road, but I'm glad that he'll get a chance to play at that level again.

Now, if only the BBC could get his name right.

17. Chaplow's Shiny Head

Apart from being a well respected goalkeeper he comes across as a grounded level headed and nice guy and some one to be trusted on and of the pitch

18. Surrey_Saint

Surrey_Saint Well-Known Member

We could look to many games that could have given us those extra two points but one game that I thought Kelvin got them on his own was the Leeds game. I have never seen such an awesome display of goalkeeping from a Saints keeper. Congratulations SKD!

19. whatsheblownthewhistleforthistime

Yep, SKD, surely we'll be seeing a picture of him in the concours along with the likes of MLT, KK et all. I know MLT kept us up all those years, but SKD has played just as important part in our recent history.

Love the guy, think he is a real asset for the team, but as someone said on a previous thread, there should be about another 15 statues being erected this season....

20. Pilki01

Pilki01 Member

People may say he's to old for the premiership now but you just have to look at Mark Schwarzer/Brad Freidel and Edwin Van Der Saw. All well past late 30's and playing the best football of there lives. He deserves to be our starting keeper and i'm sure he will be. Top man.