1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kelechi Iheanacho

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jun 22, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Indeed ... that was rather bizarre given that Amartey had played centre-back for FC Copenhagen in the Champions League and earlier in the season had made the ACON team of the tournament as one of the centre-backs, having starred there for Ghana ... but I guess it comes down to the fact that the lads that played in those games mentioned just didn't run around with enough intensity <whistle>

:cool:

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's been telling us on the Everton board that he's been to over 1000 games, despite living in Oz for 6 years and he started going every week when he was 3 :emoticon-0136-giggl

His old man is apparently well connected at the club and is 'just under the board' and thanks to this he had his own pen in the home end apparently back in the day

I think it's fair to say, he's full of **** <laugh>

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Saints_Alive likes this.
  3. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

I think we need to take a step back, take a few deep breaths and chill !

4. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

You forgot to say the he has the IQ of a genius!....<laugh>

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Diego and Tobes like this.
  5. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Yeah and Wasi is a liability and Amartey has never played there in the PL so hardly inspiring options. I'd pick Fuchs there over those two as well. Oh and by the way, he has played in a back three many times for Austria.

6. Champions of England

No if Ranieri hadn't tried to change our style of play he'd still have a job.

I love how outsiders think they know more about our club than we do but you don't so just stop.

Shakey lost Huth, Morgan and Drinky which meant we had no back four (Wasi and Amartey weren't options) and no midfield with nobody decent to replace them, hence why we're doing something about it in the transfer window.

7. Champions of England

I have got genius level IQ, which I was as surprised about as anyone else but it is what it is. IQ tests are about looking outside the box as much as natural intelligence and I think outside the box. I look at the bigger picture which most people don't see and this is why my predictions sound wild but turn out to be accurate. I know what I'm talking about and you'll see next season.

I never said over 1000 games, I said over 950 and I'd been to around 700 by the time I was 24 (20 years x 35 games a season) so yeah I've done 950 easily, which is what I claim.

8. Champions of England

I also find it funny that football fans can't accept that someone might know more than them, as if it's impossible.

We accept that people know more about certain subjects, for example if you like music you can accept someone might know more. You could be keen on history but also accept that someone knows more. You might enjoy playing football but accept some players are better than you. So why is it that we can't accept it when people know more about football?

If you'd been educated at uni in geology for example but a keen excavator and searcher of old bones reckoned he knew more you'd laugh and argue that you're more educated and it would be hard to argue. Well I played for a professional club for six years as a kid and have played under, with and against ex pros and at a high level. I turned down Gresly Rovers because I didn't want to play for Gary Birtles because I hated Forest, which is also why I refused to have a trial with them. My pro career was cut short or before it started by an Achilles injury on an end of season tour to Germany and I was injured when my contract was due to be renewed and I was released.

So I've had a good football education and it's been a part of my life before I was even four but I don't know what I'm talking about?

9. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Well half your fans disagree with you, so maybe they are more knowledgeable than you? Just because you watch your team more (if you do) doesn't necessarily mean you know more. There are plenty of blinkered fans.

As for the Ranieri part, i was being ironic - using your hypothetical situation that you used to removes losses that walsh had because you "lost" half your team.

Half being Huth and Morgan. Why wasn't wasi and Amartey options? Wasi seemed to do alright with the 3 at the back during the great escape and as Fossi has pointed out, Amartey has great internation credentials as a CB.

Also Fuchs playing in a back 3 isn't the same as playing in a back 2. He was tragic in as a CB in a back 4.

Also drinky wasn't a key playing in your midfield last year, the turn around came when Shakey came in and your standout player during that period of Ndidi

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Do you play Fantasy Football? That should give a good indicator of how well you pick players and you can show us how good you are

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

At last ... something we can agree on <whistle>

BigFox likes this.
  12. Champions of England

Yeah but I know more than you this is the thing. I'm right and you're wrong. I don't claim to know all about all but I know what I'm talking about here and that's why I've been right every time so far. What I'm experiencing now isn't a new thing, I've had it for several years on JA, starting with the WBA fans who have now all gone quiet, along with the Spurs fans. I was laughed at and called deluded etc etc but I was proven right at the end of the day and I will be again.

I've even explained why you're wrong but you still can't accept it.

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

<laugh> ... perhaps that's just down to not being wrong? ... would you like to have a poll to see how many other posters agree with you or not? ... will you accept that? ... probably not .... because " football fans can't accept that someone might know more than them, as if it's impossible" <ok>

14. Champions of England

Yeah they do disagree and this is something I'm used to, Leicester fans are stuck in the past and can't see the woods for the trees. Leicester fans are also amongst the most fickle I've encountered. Simple fact is that I know more than they do and I will be proven right, once again.

Wasi is a liability now, he gives away goals and free kicks and is now 36 so no he wasn't an option up against Kane. Amartey had NEVER played there in the PL and we'd never seen him at centre back so again not a decent option against Kane so again I would have gone with Fuchs because he's the best choice out of three bad choices.

Ndidi was our best player from the day he signed picking up MOTM awards in every game but Ranieri didn't see fit to use him as he used Kante and he was playing diamonds and 4-3-3 when he had the player to revert back to what we're good at. It took Shakey to do that.

Our other midfield options to play alongside Ndidi were King and Amartey and both are crap so we had no defence and no midfield and nobody better to pick hence why we're song something about it.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

35 games per season would suggest you went to many away games yet, you tell us that football was so dangerous back then that you had to have your own pen at home games to be safe. Surely the opposition didn't afford you the same safety?
    Put that IQ to work and straighten the story out.

16. Champions of England

I accept people don't agree but all that means is they're wrong. I've had years of proving people wrong and there are people reading this who know exactly what I'm talking about because they read this and JA.

I argued with WBA fans and got told I didn't know what I was talk about but they've all gone quiet now. Same with Spurs fans and everyone else who jumped on the bandwagon to abuse me before we went on to win the league and they all went quiet because surprise surprise I knew what I was talking about. What a shocker.

I have no doubt whatsoever that it will happen again next season. I don't really care if you don't agree now because you will soon.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Weird innit, most people would have picked something up in that length of time :huh:

18. Champions of England

Er duh my dad wasn't working at away games so I stood safely with him, often on his shoulders which also kept him warm, especially away at Palace in the FAC in the early 80's, it was soooo cold that day but Mark Wallington wasn't wearing gloves.

19. Champions of England

Yep and you'll see next season.

20. Champions of England

How about answering this, if I know nothing about football and I'm told I'm deluded etc etc how come I've been proven right so often? Is it just simply a coincidence or wait for it...could I possibly just know what I'm talking about?