1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

keepers

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

hi fellow gasheads.

i recently did a thread about the harrold incident vs aldershot when their keeper came out and knocked harrold for 6 http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/88770-is-this-a-penalty yet no pen was given when it was a clear pen.

now i just watched the extended highlights for the morecambe game and the first clip is our goal which got disallowed for a foul on the keeper by harrold http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15054443.stm to me, this was a fair goal and the keeper just cocked up! whats your thoughts on this? should it of counted??

just another example of the poor standard of officials. keepers gets way too much protection from the refs. how on earth was the aldershot keeper challenge on harrold not be a pen but harrolds header vs morecambe be a free kick to the keeper?? no consistancy being shown about from being consistant of being ****e!

2. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was at both games and I agree 100% with you. I remember immediately thinking on Saturday as Harrold
    'scored' that years ago that would have been a perfectly legitimate goal. Obviously there is no instant
    playback so you have to go by immediate perception....and mine was that it was a goal.
    For Morecambe's first goal we could all see that the ball went over the byline before the cross came in.
    The Aldershot one was a joke. Considering the flak that Buckle has taken recently, from me included,
    it must be said that if a penalty had been given it would have put a different complexion on the game.

3. Rhinestone Gashead

4. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Should have stood. **** refs as always and people say they have it hard and we should get off their backs, but when they **** up like they have recently, there is no excuse! <grr>