1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Kedwell Deal virtually Done

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by vinney, Jun 22, 2011.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

At that price they can keep him, there are others that will come cheaper.

2. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

We won't pay that. He might be worth half of that but I suspect we'll get him for about 25k. He's no use to them now he wants away,and only a year left on his contract,never played in the league and he's 27.

3. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

AND Marvellous Marvin has gone to Shrewsbury.

Ther can't be any 'eyebrow raising' players left within our budget now............unless they are truly WTF? players...:emoticon-0103-cool:

4. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Is it a done deal? I thought Wimbledon want at least 100k for him? have we got 100k?

I would like to see him at the club, the fact he is from non league does not matter, Cody and Jackson have proved the right player from non league can still score goals in league two, we are in league two guys dont forget that, do you expect non league Crawley to be a push over with their team of non league players? I think not.

My worry is without a good keeper, TWO strikers and deffender and a midfielder we could well have a team of non league players ourself come next season.

UTG!!

5. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

Could of got him for free when he was playing for the mighty Chatham Town/Maidstone Utd and Welling a few years ago.

6. Tom-Tom-Sat-Nav

Love your positive spin on every situation.

7. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

Windy I have to agree, who is left that will raise eyebrows for the right reasons!!

I collected my season tickets yesterday but have to say not overly excited about kickoff at this point in time lol :emoticon-0103-cool:

UTG!!

8. brb

brb Guest

9. browntownlad

browntownlad New Member

That is rather a misleading headline isn't it. Posh pair all set for return yet the actual article doesn't hold any proof or indicate that there is any signs of it..? Also the 3rd paragraph just doesn't read properly...

That said I'm certainly happy to read such a headline as that!

10. Harrygillz

Harrygillz Member

I see where you're coming from considering we've had multiple opportunities of getting him throughout his career on a free and that he's 27 and never played in the league. But we'll never be able to afford anyone like cody unless we get them from non league like norwich or on loan which could still happen. Also i believe we still have to pay wimbledon quite a bit for him so we do have a tiny bit of money and anyway you can't argue with 26 goals in a season considering he apparently likes to set up goals aswell and the conference isn't bad quality at all. Most teams that drop down there taken a while to return and those that come up.. well take a look at stevenage!

11. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

The other snag at the moment is,that it's no good him setting up goals because we haven't got anyone else to score them,so we definately need another striker.

12. brb

brb Guest

Crazy situation all round at the moment but that's typical pre season, I was looking at this article yesterday re Cody McDonald, seems like the guy is being left out in the cold at the moment, or in the dark (mushrooms, yeah I know!!)...

http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/sitepage.asp?a=244966

Another season long loan maybe?

13. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

I'm looking forward to see what next pub side signing Hessy's got up his sleeve, no doubt he will be venturing across the fields of Medway to see a Medway Area Sunday Football League pre season game soon. Get your boots on lads, there's still a chance!!

14. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

I tend to agree. If the rumours are true, then I feel that Hessy is indeed taking a punt as he must be seen to be doing something. But is Kedwell an "eye raising" signing? I will gladly be pleased to be proved wrong.

15. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Given the abject failure of last season I am still baffled why Hess deemed it acceptable to give himself a holiday during the busy transfer window period. The players we have let go and those who have rejected the contracts have left the side seriously weakened, and following these high profile losses I don't think Hessy should be off sunning himself rather than sitting down and trying to get this situation sorted out

16. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

I don't begrudge Hessy his holiday, but why not take it immediately after the season had finished? At least he could be here to negotiate the purchase of players. I doubt if Hendon has been given any authority to buy players in Hessy's absence. Mind you, in these days of technology, you do not actually have to be in the "office"

17. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Yeah we could have missed out on a few, Just hope now we get Kedwell.

18. baldeagle

baldeagle Member

It is a big gamble to spend a lot of money on someone who is not tried and tested at League level. Some might say that there is not much difference between League 2 and the non-league anyway. Have other clubs put in sizeable bids for Kedwell and have these bids been turned down? I do not want the Club to end up in a bidding war and end up with egg on their faces. Apart from Kedwell,surely, Gillingham are looking a other "eye brow raising" players? It's one hell of a poker game, I just hope that Hessy knows what cards he's got to play with. That might be all he has come the start of the season.

19. Carras_Prodigy

errm, when is hess allowed to take a holiday then? he has about 2 months between season end and preseason. bearing in mind for 2-3 weeks after season end it is about declaring retained list, offering contracts and trying to snaffle up bargains just released from elsewhere. he cant do it before preseason as thats when most business is done

20. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

Carras the problem I have is that the playing staff is disarray, and if we expect to go up we club requires at least 4 new players and we have wasted the pre-season so far. If we had a successful season or had retained more players than maybe he deserves a break but last season was a failure, and if next season isn't going to be failure too plenty or elbow grease is required not holidays!!