1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Karius

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Jul 23, 2018.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/loris-karius-sends-strong-message-14939813

Loris Karius has hit back at his doubters after Liverpool's 3-1 pre-season defeat to Dortmund.

The German was culpable for the Bundesliga club's third and final goal in the defeat in the United States, palming Christian Pulisic's shot back out to Jacob Bruun Larsen to slot home.

Karius had also looked nervous at the start of the International Champions Cup game in Charlotte, slicing an attempted clearance from a through ball into the path of Max Philipp, who stabbed wide of the open goal.

The spotlight has been on the 25-year-old since his nightmare performance in May's Champions League final, with the player losing the no.1 jersey after a difficult start pre-season and seeing Alisson arrive in a world record £65million deal from Roma.

His errors against Dortmund were met with derision from several supporters, much like when he gifted Tranmere a goal earlier in the summer.

Karius has now sent a message to those detractors on Instagram.

Posting on a black background, he said: "To those who take joy in seeing other people fail or suffer, I feel for you.

"Whatever it is that's happening in your life to hold this much anger and hate, I pray that it passes and good things come to you."

Earlier in the night, Porto goalkeeper Iker Casillas leapt to Karius' defence.

The Spaniard tweeted: "Will this attack @LorisKarius ever end? I'm talking about him like so many other goalkeepers.

"There are many more serious problems in the world. F***!

"Leave the kid alone! He's also a person. As we all are!"

========================================================

I imagine these comments are aimed at the more extreme reactions to Karius blunders. I would like him to button it though and just get on with his job. The best way to deal with this is to keep quiet and knuckle down, iron out the errors and concentrate on being a better keeper, it certainly looks like Karius will be our sub keeper and if that's the case then he'll probably play in the League Cup.

Work hard, become a better keeper those actions will be enough to silence the hoarde.

saintKlopp likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

once alisson starts people will ignore him then.

He needs to wake up to the fact that his first game is likely to be league cup and he will be under the spot light no matter who we draw.

He should take the time on the bench to really change his attitude and concentration levels. be ready for whats coming and prove yourself.

I've watched him "warm up" before games when mingolet played and frankly he might as well have brought a sun lounger with him.

luvgonzo likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree, the warm up mistake he made was terrible it highlighted his lack of focus.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He’s ****. It really is that simple.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

even a meerkat could't put it more succinctly <ok>

upload_2018-7-23_9-51-37.jpeg

Tobes likes this.
  6. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Along with the rest of the team, he got us to a CL final. His blunders there were huge, had they not have been, I'd have been inclined to say if that's where a **** keeper gets you [and into another CL campaign] I'll take that <ok> Where did Chelsea get to with arguably the best keeper in the world?

As for abuse on twitter, comes with the territory, unfortunately.

organic red likes this.
  7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Shameless Karius.

8. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

9. moreinjuredthanowen

cheslea with courtois

Premier League: 2014–15, 2016–17
    FA Cup: 2017–18
    Football League Cup: 2014–15

TBH if alisson deliver that i would be over the moon.

remember it is only their managerial troubles that have cost them more. Conte leaving, mourinho revolt.

So... karius and a nice run in the CL and that... great... ok.. but 4 trophies in 4 years? not bad even if he is just one cog in the machine.

10. johnsonsbaby

I meant this season .... obviously <doh> ..... as I already acknowledged he's arguably the best keeper in the world.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

sorry.

but then again

he won the fa cup.
    SF of League cup
    5th in league only due to conte being a ****e and morata being injured.
    last 16 of CL v barca.. not easy

Overall, barring the manager implosion and one point difference to LFC... (which makes all the difference i know) you'd rather have had Karius than a good keeper last year?

12. johnsonsbaby

Absolutely not and ...... don't put words in my mouth :p

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I think i'd take a CL win having gotten rid of that **** keeper <ok>

14. moreinjuredthanowen

well..

we'd all take the CL win but we didn't get it did we.

The decision point available is in january and klopp decided after arsenal debacle that Karius was out. We then had last 16 thrashing of porto, Qf mullering of city and hammed roma for 75mins then fell over the line for the rest of the tie.

you could argue that several things affected LFC

1. Can & Ox injury. We were down to 3 fit CMS for 2months. we were out on feet in final frankly

2. Salah injury.

3. Karius excuses.

We got to 1-1 in that final and frankly who knows what might have happened if a shot from mane had gone in not hit the post at 1-2. in the end though.... we let in 2 absolute dog ****e goals, lost salah and had to praise bale for a worldie of a finish.

i'd rather applaud bale's goal as it deserved to win a final than dwell too much on the loss.

15. johnsonsbaby

That pretty much sums up my feelings on it too. If it was fantasyland - not the one where we win the CL but the one where we lose to a few good goals - Karius would be viewed as having had not too bad a season.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

yes that is true. but then we'd not get the keeper we actually need.

And truthfully aside form a few moments here and there he did ok until the final. thats the reality.

17. johnsonsbaby

When a change needs to be made, any change, we are given warning signs, we should try and see them asap. Klopp had a scattering of pebbles, then a few rocks but didn't go for it till the house fell down.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Usually agree but he's had a ridiculous amount of **** flung his way. Can't blame him this time around

luvgonzo likes this.
  19. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

I don't approve of cyber bullying Karius even if he is a grown adult paid a massive salary. It's uncalled for the people goading him on Twitter and everywhere else.

That said. He's nowhere near good enough. It's not just his lack of concentration and blunders... He can't even kick a ball well. He's nowhere near the quality we need. I didn't see any incidence that could have given him concussion yesterday. Ramos wasn't even on the pitch.

So yeah... Dump Karius but no need to be an arse about it or taunt him directly.

Even if he improves, the fans hate him now. It's better for him and us if he leaves. He needs to find a new home where he isn't buffetted by such animosity.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

There's a lot making up stuff now do impossible to know yet what he is really thinking.